Status: For Robin 'The Sidekick'

The Art of Subconscious Illusion

Chapter 1

I shut the door quickly behind me and Ben banged on it,

“Let me in!” I kept my back against the door as a barrier.

I didn’t have a lock anymore that busted long ago, the pounding made my back hurt from the marks.

I gotta get outa here; I looked to the window then to the side of me. My desk chair sat just within my reach, I stretched and grabbed the arm leg before pulling it and quickly put it in my place jammed under the door handle.

Once I stood the scene changed, my plain white walls widened to a stone cellar. A door was in front of me and I smiled, I raced towards it. Before I made it about half way across the room a human sized creature floated down in front of me.

“You’re a fairy,” I stated and she smiled making my stomach turn.

She had fire red hair that seemed to hover in midair, similar to the affect you get when underwater, her eyes were fully black and she had blood chapped red lips. Her skin was scaly like a lizard and her fingers were adored with long claw like nails at the end.

“Crap,” I muttered before running full speed to the door. Even though I ran around her I stopped only inches from my escape. Using her powers she lifted me up until my nose was touching the ceiling.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk,” she clicked her tongue before I felt my body free fall.

I heard the air whoosh around me before I felt the pain of my back hitting the ground harshly; I gasped. My lungs stung and tears filled my eyes as I tried my hardest to breathe. She had knocked the wind out of me. I heard a crackling laugh and after what seemed like forever I could breathe again. I took a moment to gather my thoughts.

“Make this civil, make this fair. Make this fairy’s dust disappear,” I chanted.

Her eyes widened as she fell from midair just as quickly as I had. But lucky for her she landed on her feet.

“You’re a witch!” She screeched.

“Yeah,” I smiled before standing.

I had made her powers disappear.

“You have to be fair, if I can’t use magic, you shouldn’t either,”

I shut my eyes, she was right witches had to be fair.

“Eye for an eye, I’ll let you go if you let me go,” I countered.

“The key is right here,” she opened her hand and tossed me an old skeleton key. I caught it and turned it over in my hand a few times.

“As soon as I leave go and don’t cross me again,” I hissed and she nodded quickly in fear. She moved out of my way as I headed quickly to the door. Sliding the rusted key in I heard a click and the door squealed while I pushed it open.

I waved my hand and gave the fairy her dust back before stepping out of the cellar.

My feet hit the ground beneath me as I landed. I looked up at my bedroom window and turned away and ran off towards the park.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was that too confusing? Hope not, this is a mix of fantasy and real life… Well as real as a fanfiction can get. I was thinking of drawling the fairy and other creatures I describe. Even though I am horrible at it would you like that?
-Neche