Status: For Robin 'The Sidekick'

The Art of Subconscious Illusion

Chapter 2

The weather was sunny but there was a slight breeze so that was much appreciated. My jacket would’ve suffocated me with no air.

I kept my head down and ignored all the curious parents wondering what a teenage girl was doing walking through the park in the middle of the day. I had nothing else to do but look for him.

I found him sitting next to the lake skipping rocks on the water and screaming at the ducks. I stopped next to him and tried to contain my smile.

“Jimmy,” I cheered and he looked up just noticing me.

He was always in his own little world, that’s what I loved about him.

“Lilura!” He exclaimed happily once he seen me.

I smiled at him and I knew everything was fine now. I sat beside him and he gave me a sideways hug.

Jimmy was a tall boy with crazy blond hair that stuck up in every direction, he was skinny but as strong as any other athletic body, he had sparkly blue eyes, and always wore a smile. I had met him in detention once and he was my only friend. My best friend.

The sun hit perfectly where we were and it was getting unbearable, my black jacket didn’t help. I took it off and Jimmy absentmindedly put his arm around my shoulders. Involuntarily I hissed in pain. He pulled back and I wore a look of embarrassment.

He grabbed my arms and faced me away from him.

“Your back’s all red,” he noted.

I was sure I would bruise. Jimmy knew everything about my life. After a while he let me turn back towards him for an explanation.

“I ran into a fairy when I was trying to get here,” I smiled.

His eyes showed something I couldn’t read but it quickly disappeared.

“Did you kick its ass?” He smiled.

“Naw, I let it go,” I boasted.

“Those fairies are good for nothings, should’ve killed it,” he argued and I rolled his eyes.

“Not all are bad,” I defended…

He rolled his eyes.

“I don’t get you sometimes.”

God I loved this guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to update this last night but my internet was being stupid and I had to get ready for work.
Umm, I’m working on the pictures for the fictional characters, so stay patient. I’m having fun with ideas for this story.
-Neche