Status: On Trial, not sure if I'll keep this up

Maybe We're Not Insane

Everyday at the Kenworth Sanitarium

Vee--

“Come on Josh, one more time!” I begged my best friend.

He rolled his eyes. “One more time.” he puffed out his cheeks making his angel bites stick out. I laughed and poked them a few times. He chuckled, letting the air out.

I pouted.

“Jeez Vee relax. You are a twenty two year old woman, not an eight year old girl.”

“So?”

“Ah...” he laughed and ruffled my hair.

The familiar sound of rubber soles on tile made everyone in the community room look up. Even Brian Haner, who sat on the couch in his straight jacket.

“Lunch.” said the female attendant, pulling up her gloves. Her hair was long and plain brown, her eyes were gray.

“Really? Can I eat you, or are you going to make yourself useful and make me a sandwich?” he winked.

“Mr. Haner you know that is not okay. Back to your room.”

“Help me out sweet ass?” he asked, wiggling his eye brows.

She glared and snapped her fingers, two large men in whine came in and hauled Brian up and towed him out of the room, he eyed every women between 19 and 30 on his way out. Unfortunately, I fall in that range.

While I have to admit he is a very attractive man, he is not as handsome on the inside. He is so perverted that he remains in that straight jacket constantly. It's rumored that he has even had sex with a few of the female nurses. Frankly, he repulses me.

As Brian passed me he smirked, Josh stood in front of me and gave him a death glare.

“I hate him.” Josh groaned as we made our way to the cafeteria in the mob of patients. “Yeah well we have to deal with him till we die.” I replied.

“Don't remind me.”
I felt a rush of heat pass over me, I looked to my other side to see Zack Baker one of the youngest patients at age eighteen.

His hair was dark, bangs hung over one emerald eye a bit, the water line of his eyes was red; as always.
For some reason, he always wore a black hoodie and warmness radiated off him. His snakebites and septum ring reflected the florescent light that bathed us all. He was quiet often, and only associated with another adolescent; Ricky Olson, age sixteen.

Yes, at only sixteen Ricky was shipped off to Kenworth. Word is he thinks he can see the dead, he gets into arguments with them, they make fun of him. He's been here for four months.

I've tried talking to him, but he gets scared and backs away. Only Zack can get close enough to speak to him, they talk only to each other.

I'm sure Ricky is on Zack's other side. Zack has never spoken to me but I try.

“Hey Zack.” I smiled.

His eyes flashed to me, he nodded slightly then went back to ignoring everyone and everything but Ricky.

“Why do you try?” Josh asked.

“Everyone needs someone to talk to, I guess Ricky and Zack have that in each other.” I shrugged. I swear I saw Zack quirk a grin.

Zack--

I do like Vee. She doesn't try too hard to get me to talk to her, if almost anyone else'd greeted me I'd ignore them. Maybe when I feel like it, I'll talk to her. I doubt anyone but Ricky has herd my voice.

“I wonder whats for slop.” Ricky wondered allowed.

I felt a vibration in the air, fire.

“Something warm.” I answered. He nodded.

Ricky knows me better than anyone. Just like I know him. He knows about my...condition and I know about his. He is also my roommate, so I've seen him cry because of something 'a ghost' said to him. I've cussed out nothing aka ghosts for him because it makes him feel better. Ricky is like a little brother.

He frowned and looked at the floor. I bet its 'a ghost' talking to him again. I noticed his hand twitch, he holds my hand when he's upset. But he can't let the staff see, if they thought we were homosexual, they'd separate us. I, for one, am not gay. But Ricky...I'm not so sure. As long as he doesn't make a move on me, I'm totally okay with it. It'd seem like incest.

I ignored a man who has so many things wrong with him, a nurse has to feed him. You'd have to use little words with him, and make hand gestures do he understands. I feel bad for him actually, but frankly he creeps me out.
We arrived in the large room with piss yellow walls and a cracked tile floor, the ceiling was high and the floor was lined with tables and chairs. Every here and there by the wall there was a tall, muscled man in white with a sedative in his hand and a handgun on his hip. Yeah, 'cause we're all trained assassins. But I'd be lying if I said I'd never seen anyone get shot, blood everywhere.

Ricky and I got in line behind Vee and Josh.

“Ignore them Ricky.” I whispered in his ear.

He bit his lip.

“You don't want them to put you in lock down do you?”

He shook his head frantically.

“Then ignore them.”

He nodded.

Much like a high school lunch line, we waited single file before going to the counter where we were served 'chili' at least that's what they call this shit.

Ricky and I sat together as always and the nurses watched like hawks as the rest of the patients took their seats.

My eyes wandered over to Mike Dirnt who always sat alone. He's a tall guy who keeps to himself, no one really knows what he's in for. He's always reading.

I watched red hair walk over and I noticed it was Vee. She said something, gestured to Josh who waved, then said more. Mike nodded and they sat down with him.

Weird.

I looked over to Ricky who was frowning at his plate, I moved my leg so our knees were touching under the table, he smiled slightly at the contact then picked up his spoon.

Ricky--

As Zacky (he only lets me call him that) touched our knees I couldn't help but smile. He makes the ghosts shut up. No one believes me,but they're real. Their angry, and they never fail to ruin my day.

“Fagot!” One woman in a long dress yelled at me, her long brown hair floating around her face. I could see through her when I looked up, I know she's a ghost. But I can't acknowledge her, if I do they'll pump me full of drugs and put me in solitary again.

I 'll just focus on Zack. Peeking out from under my dark hair I watched him state distastefully at his food, then up at Genevieve and Josh who sat with Mike Dirnt. His snakebites caught the light in the most lovely way.

Yes, I am a fagot. I am gay, I like dick. In fact, I like Zacky. But he only sees me as a brother and has never shown any indication that he might be gay or even bi. Also he's a legal adult, although I doubt that matters in this hellhole.

All I know is before I die, be it of an overdose of sedatives or being shot with one of those guns, I want to kiss Zack. I would die happy, everything in my past would be okay and no ghost could ruin it. That would be my final request. One kiss.

Zack watched Genevieve and Josh talk to Mike Dirnt, ignoring his food.

“Just grab his dick you queer!” the woman yelled.

I closed my eyes and put my head in my hands, feeling eyes turn on me.

“Ricky calm down. We'll talk about it later, I promise.” Zack whispered, looking at me.

“O-okay.” I dropped my hands and ignored the bitch as she laughed at me, and ate my slop.

Mike--

To say I was surprised they sat with me is an understatement. I normally bury my nose in what ever book they'll allow me to have. Their mostly informational like about fascinating (sarcasm) topics such as: The female reproductive system, plants, rats and pop stars of the 80s. Although lately, I've nicked books from the nurse's library, about how to dress a wound, infection, signs of injury and other doctor shit.

Yeah, I'm one smart fuck.

Genevieve or Vee as she preferred to be called, was well known among those who had brains in their heads. So pretty much; me, Josh, that Ricky kid, Zack, Brian, Max Green, Ronnie Radke and that random chick Carina. Vee has a rep for being funny, sweet, a bit rebellious, cunning, and kinda a mother figure for some. Not a bitch.

I'm not sure I like this Josh guy, but he isn't a dushe.

I don't associate with most people, but Vee and maybe Josh seem okay.

“So, what are you in for, if you don't mind me asking?” Vee asked.

“Well, uh...your gonna think I'm crazy.” I shook my head.

“Nah, I'm sure I know weirder people.” she shook it off.

“Sometimes, I can see through things and people. Like...an x-ray. I can see their bones. Or just through their clothes, if I try.” I smirked.

“I'm sure Brian would love to have that.”

I followed her gaze over to where the notorious Brian Haner JR was being escorted in by a male nurse, much to his dismay. He struggled with his straight jacket for a moment before sighing and sitting at his own table. The male nurse began to feed him.

“So, what are you in for?” I asked her.

“Well, they think I'm stupid or something. I can go through things, and float kinda. They think there's something fucked up in my brain and I hallucinate that, but it's real.”

I looked around her to look at Josh.

He looked at the table. “I have a split personality. Vee...” he asked her to explain.

“He's Josh right now, my best friend. But sometimes he's...Balz. Then he's...dangerous. He is violent, unreasonable, angry and...lustful.” she cast her eyes down.

What has he done to her?

“But I can usually manage to get Josh back before anything bad happens.” she offered, smiling.

Josh's face was full of shame, he dropped his head so his long black hair covered his face.

Mostly everyone has long hair, they don't allow scissors or anything sharp so no one can cut their hair. I haven't been here that long so my hair is pretty normal length, it sorta stopped growing. I've been here longer than most: 5 years. I've seen people come and others 'get seen by the doctor' I am not ignorant to what really goes on here, but I have yet to be affected by it so it's not really my problem.

“Lunch is done, please return to the community room.” Called an elderly nurse with wrinkled, pasty skin.

“Screw you lady, I'm not done.” Brian yelled, but was ignored.

Brian--
The dushebag who had to feed me yanked me to my feet. “Hey asshole, didn't you hear me? I'm not done.” I glared.

“I'm only doing my job.”

“And I'm only making your job interesting.” I smirked, and headbutted him. He fell to the ground and I made a run for it, getting away from all the guys with needles and guns.

“Ha fuckers! You all suck rabid donkey penis you shit heads! Retarded little motherfuckers!” I laughed, feeling more free than an old hag who took off her bra. Wind flew through my amazing hair as I ran faster. I don't know where I'm going but damn am I getting there.

I saw a book shelf against the wall and decided that would be a fun thing to tip. Just 'cause I can't use my arms doesn't mean I can cause any damage. I used my shoulder to push it, but to my surprise there was an opening behind it. A secret passage.

Sweetness.

I slid into it and pushed the book shelf back to cover my tracks. I herd the heavy feet of the guards run past and I knew I was a genius.

As I turned to see where I was a chain hit my face, a thin one that you pull to turn on a light. I grabbed it with my spotless teeth and pulled it. With a buzz, a row of light bulbs on the left side lit up. A long hall was revealed. I went down the hall to the end, where there was a long set of stairs. But there was no light except at the very bottom. If I die doing this, at least I nailed that blonde nurse with great knockers first. I headed down the stairs getting more bored with each step. These better lead somewhere amazing like the womens shower or I'll be pissed.

When I reached the bottom, I felt something I haven't felt in 5 years, fresh air. I ran towards it, feeling it hit my face and blow my hair. I went straight up to the thick bars that blocked off the small door and looked out frantically.

A forest, we're surrounded by a forest. I never would have thought, in fact I rarely thought about anything that didn't wear a bra.

The sweet taste of freedom was better than an orgasm.

I found the way out, but I can't do it on my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter out! Not too sure about this, comment why you think I should keep it?

Check out this blog of mine it's important!

Thanks for reading, and please check out the character page!