Status: On Trial, not sure if I'll keep this up

Maybe We're Not Insane

Maybe We're Not Insane

Vee—the next day

I sat in the community room with Josh looking at everyone. Those who were schizophrenic, those who sat quietly reading. Those who had conversations with those who weren't there, those who played checkers. We are all told we need to be there, that we were a danger to society, and a threat to others. But how could little Ricky Olson be a danger to anyone? He sat quietly, twiddling his thumbs as he waited for Zack. How are Mike, Josh, Zack and I threats to anyone?

But...we must be if we're here. Right?

Then again I was never given a diagnosis, Mike seems normal, as does Zack save for his abnormal body heat.

I smiled and leaned over into Josh's ear. “Maybe we're not insane.” I whispered.

He gave me a questioning look. I scratched my nose then brushed my bangs from my face; our signal telling him to meet me at our place.

He nodded.

I stood and waltzed over to one of the larger guards, with a name tag that read “Bruce” how generic.

“Hey, I have to go to the bathroom.” I told him, needing an excuse to leave the room where we were watched like caged animals.

“So?”

I rolled my eyes and got on my toes to whisper into his ear. “Look asshole, I'm on my period and I need a new tampon. If you'd like me to bleed onto the couch I'd be happy to and I'll tell them that you were the one who wouldn't let me go.” I hissed.

He looked flustered, and blushed. “No, no go.” he opened the door for me, letting me out.

Must be a new guy 'cause otherwise he'd know they inject all fertile girls with a drug that works like birth control. None of us get periods.

Newb.

I went to the old office Josh and I dubbed as ours and sat behind the desk looking through old papers as I waited. The floor was concrete, the walls were a dull gray and peeling in some places, dark wood furniture was here and there.

When he came in, he sat in the chair on the other side of the desk.

“How? Of course we are insane, that's why we're here.” he cut right to the chase.

I shook my head. “No, Garret Jones is insane. Holly Jennings is insane, we aren't. We are normal people.”

“No we're not.”

“YES we are! You are different, I'm different. Look at Ken Briggs, then look at you. Look at Crystal Weber then look at me.”

He was quiet for a long while, thinking. “I think...your right.”

“And if we aren't insane we don't need to be here.”

“Right, you know what this means right?”
I arched an eye brow.

“We...are escaping. Us and a few others who are sane.” Josh smirked.

“Okay, who should we take?”

“Zack and Ricky for sure, Ronnie?”

“Nah, Ronnie gives me the creeps. Mike I think.” I shrugged.

“Yeah. I can't think of anyone else. That I can stand actually.”

“Agreed.”

“Okay so: you, me, Zack, Ricky and Mike.” he said in confirmation.

“Yes.”

“But how?”

I have no idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. But putting it with the next chapter didn't feel right.

If you haven't, check out this blog of mine Thanks for reading :D