Enchantment

Death

Scarlett chose clothes she knew her mother would love. Being brought up in the wealthy kingdom, nothing was "too good" for the little princess. She had furs from every animal and even a bracelet made from the rare Unicorn's horn. Her wardrobe was twice the size of her sleeping chamber. It was an unsaid fact that the McManus family lived lavishly.

On one side of the room was dresses. Each one handmade for her measurements. There were many different colors but Scarlett favored the reds and whites, while her mother, Lila, adored the pinks. Each dress was a Ballroom Gown, the more bling, the better it was. Very few were slender or short too, often the dresses will flow out or trail behind. Scarlett's favorites were towards the door, while her mother's were in the back.

Scarlett know she had to go into the back to find a proper dress. Lila would make her change again if she didn't choose right. Scarlett noticed a baby blue gown that would look lovely on her. It had flakes of fabric that was sewn tightly on sheer material. Little diamonds were placed in the flakes giving the gown. Giving a beautiful glittering effect.

Cato would love it. So would her mother. It would add enough glam to outshine everyone at the meeting. Exactly what Lila wanted. It would certainly catch Cato's attention too.

Immediately Scarlett found the matching accessories and changed. The dress was tight around her bust, something Scarlett didn't like. She wasn't "well endowed" as it was once put. It bothered her but she hoped the diamonds would please her mother.

A maid walked with Scarlett as she downed the flight of stairs. It was a elegantly carved staircase. It was build just for the purpose to show off. Her mother's choosing of course. The family has all the native animals of their kingdom etched inside the wood. Scarlett stepped carefully, trying not to make a fool out of herself.

Her feet caused echoes thought the meeting room as she entered. All eyes were on her anyway because of how she dressed. Her mother, a large smile on her face, greeted Scarlett. She sat her directly across from Cato.

His brown eyes were full of lust when he saw her flesh among the flakes of fabric. Cato was a strong man. His father, Magnus, was Grand Wizard of the Magik Kingdom. One of the most powerful beings on Gaia. His Magik alone could end species, which is why he was always around. Cato shared some Magikal talents but they were far from being like his father.

The ruler of the Magik Kingdom was Queen Magda. She was forest nymph. She had many suitors but never lovers. Because she was a nymph she was able to rule for generations. Her life would end within twenty more years. Magda made sure she never left her kingdom so when she did die her body would forever be linked to her own soil.

Scarlett simply smiled towards Cato. She knew he wanted her but she didn't want to settle down anytime soon. She wanted to explore the world before she was forced to marry him and bear his children. Even if it would permanently link the kingdoms forever. Scarlett wanted to wait.

Because Scarlett was purely mortal, with a few ancestors who had a little Magik Kingdom in them, she could only be with mortals. Mortals with anything of a human frame. The species could not link in anyway. The Oracle foretold a huge change if two races shared one child. The kingdoms feared the worst.

Cato was the best suitor. Scarlett looked towards her father and smiled. King Marcus announced his daughter so he could continue.

"Beyond my beautiful daughter finally joining us, what is it we supposed to be about the ships? I've had twelve nets be cut in the passed week. My kingdom is suffering." Marcus leaned on the table and studied the Lords and Ladies.

They whispered among each other. One Lord from the Magik Kingdom, a Faerie by the name of Nestor spoke up. "I'm not opposed to flaying each one of them." His wife nodded in agreement.

Another noble from the Magik Kingdom walked across the table so she could be heard. Magnea, a true Fairy, fluttered her wings so she could be eye level. "That's morbid, Nestor. The people of the Sea Nation obviously are upset. We need to make peace by giving offerings," her tiny voice was barely audible.

Scarlett was always intrigued by true Faires. They were so beautiful to her. Only a few inches tall they were some of the smallest creatures on Gaia. They were the most kind hearted, unlike their cousins the Faeries. Faeries were mean spirited and always meant harm. They were larger, about two feet but they could not fly.

Nestor huffed, his bluish skin deepened in color. "Those creatures do not want peace, they want war!" Nestor got on his feet in the chair and attempted to chant.

Marcus held up his hand. "No kingdom would allow a war. Especially me. The issue has to be dealt with immediately." Before Marcus could elaborate a young servant, no older than twelve years old, ran into the room.

His olive skin was flushed and he couldn't catch his breath. Lila hissed at the boy for interrupting but he held out a rolled piece of parchment. "The Oracle, Kaula..." the boy gasped for air. "She foretold death."

The whole room went into an uproar. The message was sent immediately to Marcus who studied it carefully. His face grew hot from anger. Lila held his arm, soothing his face, but it didn't help. Scarlett frantically tried to read the message but her father crumpled it up.

"Kaula foretold the death of the Kings. But in the love of Blue and Red the world will be saved."
♠ ♠ ♠
To get an idea of the dress, here. Yes it's Blair's dress, but its importnant to the story. Which is why I detailed it. But this version isn't as see through, it cover up more. More modest.