Enchantment

Sea Nation

The Sea Nation. The name alone meant wonder to all of Gaia. The creatures that lived in the water was never seen. Once in a while someone catch a glimce of their notorious blond hair, but sightings stopped years ago. The only thing the two worlds had in common was their diets. Fish. Unlike on land the Mer-Folk couldn't pick and choose what they eated. It had to be seafood. Other than that the two worlds were extremely different.

Throughout on land castles and monuments were build for all the creatures that lived there. All Ones Up There, as they were called, wanted was more and to make things bigger. The Sea Nation was one of the wonders of the world because they only wanted what they needed. The Sea Nation didn't have buildings hundreds of feet high. They lived in caves.

In the cliffs of the land lived the Mer-folk. They could venture out in the open sea but it was high dangerous, they stayed near the land. In the caves they could expose themselves as much as they wanted. There was access to air; which they needed to breathe, without the risk of exposure. They slept in shallow banks in the caves or under the water. That's all they needed.

A few times a week the head family members, majority of the females, would go out and hunt. While the males watched over the young and guarded their homes. It was a simple time. Unlike on land the Sea Nation never had conflict with themselves. They were peaceful, docile creatures that loved their world. Mer-Folk taught themselves to live alongside their fellow creatures.

In the Sea Nation lived a boy. A very average, normal, boy. In his world he is no-body. Just another fish in the sea, pun intended. He had no real talents or a spectacular physique. He was plain ol' Keen of the Ligen family. Nothing more.

Keen lived with his younger sister, Zuna. She was a small mermaid, no older than seven years old. Her eighteen year old brother and her were all they had. Their parents had disappeared years before. Keen was a father figure to Zuna, he cared for her like she was his own.

At first glance they didn't seem to be siblings at all. Keen was gifted with his mother's sky blue eyes and dark brown hair. His face was still boyish and his jawline was still developing. His body was below average in his world, he had muscle tone but it wasn't bulky. While Zuna was petite, she had her father's daring brown eyes. Her hair was a honey color that she let grow to her belly button.

It was usually just them most of the time. The only other person in Keen's life was his lifelong friend, Karida. Themselves are almost like brother and sister. Karida was very average for her world, emerald eyes with very light blonde hair. It was very common in their people.

Their story starts along side with Scarlett's. Exactly when they hear of the Oracle foretelling the death of kings. It triggered an effect that only his world and the Oracle would know. But something interrupted the Fates. He met Scarlett.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hope this chapter doesn't confuse anyone. I wanted to give an idea of Keen's world before he is brought into the story. Here, is an idea of the world. Just to look at I guess.