Status: Don't be afraid of what others think of you.(:

Just Love Me For Me.

One.

"So are you going to miss me over the summer?" Brett Earles, my boyfriend, asked as he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the high school.

"Are you kidding me? I'm going to see you so much that I won't have a chance to miss you." I smiled, hoping that what I said would be true. Brett laughed, showing his slightly yellow teeth.

"Hey, Danielle! Brett! Wait for me, assholes." One of my best friends, Candince Strow, yelled running after us. She was spending the night at my house since it was the last day of school. Brett was walking us home. "I hate you, guys."

"Awe, I love you too, Candi!" I giggled throwing my right arm around her slim shoulders. She glared and slapped my hand. "Ow! Bitch!"

"Don't ditch me for you stupid little boy toy over there."

"You're the toy!" Brett growled. Let's just say that they aren't quite fond of each other.

"Speaking of boys," I said, changing the subject "Where is Jerome?"

"Ugh, that loser. He promised his dad that he would help replace their downstairs toilet." Jerome Powell has been Candi's love interest for the past two years. He just didn't know it until we all went to the movies a month ago, and she just flat out kissed him. It went from a simple peck to a full on make out session in less than five seconds.

"Ugh, he is a loser." I laughed. "Oh! Did I tell you that Zoey was coming over later?" Zoey Davids has been one of my best friends since seventh grade. I've also had a huge crush on her since last year, in tenth grade.

Like me, Zoey was bisexual. Unlike me, she was completely open to everyone and she liked the girls more. I, on the other hand, was open to all my friends and anyone who asked and liked each gender about the same. My family, except for my little brother, Damion, know nothing about my sexuality. If they ever found out, my house would go into utter chaos.

"I don't really like, Zoey." Brett grumbled, looking at the ground.

"Boo hoo. You're not friends with her so don't worry 'bout it." Candi snapped.

"I worry about it 'cause she is best friends with my girlfriend and I swear she has been pulling some moves on her."

"Brett, we are just friends. I know she doesn't like me like that. She is just a big flirt like me." I reassured him. My heart sank a little as I said it though. Zoey will never like me more than a friend.

"Yeah. Calm down, pussy boy. They're just friends." Candi smirked. Of coarse she knew that I had a crush on Zoey.

"I am not a pussy!" Brett yelled, getting defensive.
"You sure? You are acting like a pretty big one right now." Candi retorted.

"Guys, stop! Summer hasn't even started for twenty minutes and you two are already bickering like
a god damn old married couple! Can we not just have one fucking civil conversation?" I snapped as we turned onto my road.

"Not if he is gonna act like a little fucking bitch over nothing." Candi said, flipping her long, jet black hair over her shoulder.

"You're a little-"

"STOP IT!" I screamed, cutting my boyfriend off. Brett huffed and Candi rolled her bright bluish-green eyes. I signed and looked for my driveway. There was an unfamiliar blue 2004 Malibu sitting in the driveway.

"Who's car is that?" Candi asked, reading my mind.

"I have no clue." Who would be at my house at 2:45 in the afternoon on a Wensday? I got my answer as we finally reached my house.

An absolutely stunning ginger with bright, beautiful, sky blue eyes popped out of the car. "Hey, sexy. How are you?"

"Zoey!" I yelled, running up and hugging her. Her torso was small and fit as always. I could easily slip my arms around her perfect frame. She was wearing black, baggy basketball shorts, an aqua blue tank-top, and black flip-flops. As always, her wavy red hair was pulled into a high ponytail. I wish she would wear it down more.

"What are you doing here so early? Dani said you weren't coming until later." Candi smiled, giving Zoey a hug.

"Yeah... Why are you here so early?" Brett glared at the gorgeous red-head. I wanted to slap him for looking at her like that.

"Well, we got out of school early and I was already way to excited to see Candince and Danielle. So, I figured I'd just come over a little sooner than planned. I hope I'm not interrupting any plans." Zoey gave Brett a tiny smirk.

"Of coarse you're not interrupting anything. Brett was just walking us home and hanging out for a bit." I said, happily.

"Weren't we gonna get some ice cream?" Brett asked threw clenched teeth.

"Yeah, but now Candi doesn't have to be a third wheel." I reasoned.

"I can drive. Where you guys going?" Zoey offered.

"Well if you are driving I want some damn Dairy Queen." Candi said, hopping into the passenger seat of Zoey's Malibu.

"Sounds good to me." Zoey grinned, showing off her perfect white teeth. I tried to climb into the backseat, but Brett pulled my back out.

"I don't wanna go anywhere with...her." He spit.

"Then go home, Brett. I'm not fucking dealing with your little boy jealousy shit today. I want to have fun with my friends and I was hoping you too. If you are going to act like this though, leave. Either get over yourself or just fucking go home. I am not playing your dumb little games today." I barked at my boyfriend. His face fell and I could see the hidden pain in his mocha brown eyes. Guilt suddenly filled my body and I wanted to give him a big hug, but I kept my hands on my hips and a stern glare on my face. He looked at the ground, then me, then Zoey, then the ground again. After another couple seconds of silence, he turned around and started heading down the street. My mouth dropped to the floor in shock. "Really?! Really, Brett?!"

"I'll call you later, Danielle." He said without turning around to look at me. Anger boiled my blood.

"Don't even fucking bother, bastard!" I yelled and hopped into Zoey's car. Zoey and Candi just stared at me. "What are you staring at? Aren't we suppose to be gettin' some Dairy Queen?" I asked, forcing a smile onto my face. Candi turned around and Zoey gave me a small smile then drove us downtown.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!
Whacha think? Already gots some drama in it.
I know it's kinda boring so far, but trust me. It will get better.
Thanks guys,
Taylor Elizabeth♥