Status: Don't be afraid of what others think of you.(:

Just Love Me For Me.

Five.

I woke up the next morning to my phone screaming in my ear. Brett was calling me. I quietly groaned and carefully crawled over Zoey and Marlee so I could go to the other side of the basement.

"Hello?" I said, annoyed. Sleep started to fade from my body.

"Hey, babe..." Brett said slowly on the other end.

"What do you want, Brett? I didn't go to bed until like three. I'm tired." I bitched.

"I'm so sorry about last night, Dani. I can't believe that I broke my promise. It kills me knowing I did that." He said sadly.

"You couldn't fucking text me that?"

"I just wanted you to hear the sincerity in my voice."

"So you couldn't have called later? You knew I was going to be up late and I have people over." It was seriously too early in the morning for this bullshit. I could feel my anger start to rise.

"I wanted you to know as soon as possible. I love you so much, Dani." He said, trying to defend himself.

"Look, I accept your apology, but I just can't do this anymore." I said, softening my tone.

"Y-You can't do what anymore?" Brett choked.
"I can't do this...us... It's just too much for me. I can't handle all this jealousy an fighting anymore."

"Dani, no please! I can change! I'll handle the jealousy! Please don't do this! I'll do anything." Brett cried. I could feel my heart breaking.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Brett. You already promised me you would stop being so jealous, or at least control it, and look what happened. I'm sorry. Goodbye, Brett." I hung up before he could protest more. Then, I decided it would just be best to shut my phone off.

I leaned against the wall and slid to the ground. A single tear slid down my cheek. I can't believe that just happened. I thought. It was for the best. It wasn't going to work out. He just can't control his jealousy.

"Dani? You over here?" I heard Zoey call. "Oh, there you are." She said turning the corner. "What's wrong, love?" She asked sitting next to me.

"It's over." I said. Zoey looked at me worried and confused. "Brett and I. I ended it."

"Oh, Dani! I'm so sorry. I hope this isn't because of me." She said, pulling me close.

"No, no. It's not because of you. Well, maybe a part of it is your fault, but most of it was because it just wasn't meant to work between us. His jealousy and obsession was just too much for me to handle. I know relationships are suppose to be hard, but they shouldn't be that hard." I said, snuggling up even closer to her.

"Well, don't get too down about it. You knew the relationship wasn't gonna work out, so you did something about it." She said, then started playing with my hair. I could feel my eyelids getting a little heavy.

"I'm just afraid no body is going to want to love me as much as I love them. Brett was the closest person I could get to that... I just don't want to be alone forever..." I explained.

"Dani, you will find someone. I mean, look at you! You are absolutely stunning and you have an incredible personality. You are always putting other people's feelings and problems in front of your own. How could someone not fall in love with you? You are seriously the most perfect girl in the entire world, Dani." Zoey gushed. I sat up and looked deep into her beautiful blue eyes. They had a tint of gold in them and they held so much passion and love.

I reached up and brushed a couple stray red hairs behind her ear and let my hand linger on the back of her neck. My heart began racing and then my instincts took over. I pressed my lips to hers. She instantly grabbed ahold of my waist and kissed back, intensely and passionately.

I pulled back and blurted, "I love you, Zoey."

She smiled from ear to ear and whispered, "I love you, too, Danielle."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shit! That happened.
Sorry it's been awhile. I've been busy :c
What do you think?
Lemme know, k thanks(:
Taylor Elizabeth♥