A Flair For The Dramatic

Chapter 2

*Vic's POV*

As I drove home with Mike, my mind couldn't shut up. All that was running through my head was Mariana. Her long dark hair resting over her shoulder, her light blue eyes, the angle of her jaw, her curves, her lips. I had to stop myself, because getting aroused while sitting next to my brother was not something I wanted to do. As close as Mike and I were, that was crossing the line .

Also, the fact that she was Jaime's little sister resonated in my mind. Before she got here, Jaime had made it clear. "Mariana is my little sister, so don't try anything guys, I'm being serious," he'd said, and I didn't even want to know how he'd react if I even told him how I thought about Ana.

Not to mention she was adorable. I saw her biting her lip, which was just a turn on, and her cutest little facial expressions. Okay, stop Vic, you're being creepy. I sighed and tried to focus on the road.

How even old was she? Twenty two, I think I heard her mention. She was young, but not in the off limits age. Okay, so much for focusing on the road. Come on, Victor.

I pulled into our driveway and got inside the house, heading to bed. Mike was gonna stay up, maybe heading out with some friends and getting drunk or something. I wasn't in the mood for a party, a relaxing night was what I wanted.

I climbed under the covers and got out my laptop, checking my email and listening to some music. After a little while of winding down like this, I decided to call it a night and shut off the lights.

As I faded into sleep, I couldn't help but think of Mariana. I wanted to get to know her, as just a friend at least. If it was anything more, Jaime would kill me. But I really doubted that she felt the same, so just friends would be the outcome. Even that was enough.

*Tony's POV*

Huh, Mariana was cute. I could tell Vic liked her and I mean, I didn't blame him. I'd say I like her too but Jaime specifically told us not to think of her that way. He was in for a disappointment, because with that girl, damn she was...hot.

I knew I shouldn't think of her that way, at all. I mean, I had a girlfriend. Stephanie. The thing is, Steph and I were growing apart. I was planning on breaking up with her, because I was getting the feeling she didn't give two shits about our relationship. She was probably fucking someone else right now anyway.

That thought made my hands grip the wheel hard, my knuckles turning white. I didn't want that to be true, I really didn't. I loved Stephanie, at least I used to. Now, I wasn't as sure.

I made it to my house and threw myself in bed, tugging off my clothes and wrapping myself in sheets. I just wanted to sleep, but at least I was looking forward to tomorrow, hanging out with the guys and Ana. If anyone could get my mind off Stephanie, Ana could.

~~~

*Mariana's POV*

I don't want to wake up, I thought as I opened my eyes. My first clear thought of the day. I had been having a good dream and I'm sure it wasn't that late in the day, so why my eyes decided to open at that moment I had no clue.

I checked the time, and it was almost 11. Yeah, early for me on a weekend, but I have that habit of waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. I sighed and stretched, getting up and deciding on a shower.

The hot water felt good on my back, and I admired it as it washed over my tattoos. I really liked my tattoos, each one meant a lot to me. I had a sleeve one one arm and half sleeve on the other, a collarbone tattoo, one on each thigh, and an ankle one. Some were quotes and song lyrics, others were symbols, like an owl and a cardinal side by side, at the top of my left sleeve, for my grandmother and grandfather.

Sometimes I just traced my fingers over the ink of each one that I could reach, reliving the memories and emotions that had been etched into my skin with them. Sometimes they made me smile, and others brought back painful times. But I didn't mind, they were all a part of me.

I stepped out of the comfort of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I picked out an outfit: an A Day to Remember shirt, black torn skinny jeans, and Vans. Simple but nice.

I let my hair airdry as I made a bowl of Cocoa Puffs in the kitchen, since Jaime wasn't up yet. It was already 12;30, I figured I'd have to wake him up in an hour.

I finished my makeup, trying to make sure I looked okay for when the band came over. After I did that, I sat in my room for about 10 minutes until I got so bored I just had to do something about it.

"Jaiiiimeee!" I called out into the hall. No answer. I walked closer to his door and shouted again. Still no answer. I opened his door, checking if he was in there, and sure enough there he was huddled in the blankets. "Jaime!" I yelled next to his ear. His eyes didn't even open before he screamed and fell off the bed. I laughed as I watched him struggle to get up. The situation was only hindered by the fact that he had morning wood, which he was trying unsuccessfully to cover up.

I looked away and laughed, sticking my tongue out as he cussed at me. I'd wait for him in the living room as he got sorted out.

I heard a couple of knocks on the door, and shouted for them to come in. Vic walked in first, lighting up as he saw me. I got up off the couch for a hug, and he surprised me by picking me up and spinning me around. I giggled as he set me down. "Where are the others?" I asked, peeking over his shoulder.

"Mike's outside having a smoke, and Tony's on his way," he said, giving a half smile. "I'm gonna steal some of Hime's food, be right back."

I nodded and checked out the window, waiting for Tony's car to pull up. Vic came back with some chips and dip, his face falling as he saw who I was waiting for. Eventually, I saw a car pull up and I could feel my heart jump. Tony stepped out, and I turned towards the TV so he wouldn't see me watching him. Wow, I was a creep.

I heard the front door open and casually flipped through the TV channels, stopping on Family Guy. "Hey guys," Tony said as he grabbed a beer in the kitchen.

"Sup Tone," Vic replied, popping a chip in his mouth. Tony came over and sat next to me, and I saw Vic fidget. Why was he acting so weird?

Mike came in next, plopping on the floor with a sigh. We all watched Family Guy together until everyone sort of caught on that Jaime wasn't here.

"Ana, where's Hime-Time?" asked Vic.

"I'll try and find him, be right back," I said, getting up.

Walking back into his room, I scanned it to see he had gone back to sleep. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, grabbing his arm and pulling on him. I wasn't very strong, so I didn't manage to get him onto the floor, but he did wake up and that was the plan. "What do you want Ana?" he mumbled, pulling his arm away and putting the pillow over his head.

"The rest of the guys are here and they're all waiting for you," I said, poking his shoulder. He groaned.

"Fine, I'll be out in a couple of minutes," he said into his mattress.

"Okay, but if you take any longer, you'll be the one thrown into the pool," I said, going back into the living room.

"Where was he?" Mike asked, sipping a beer.

"He fell back asleep," I answered before I sat back down.

"Typical Jaime," Vic laughed.

Shortly after, Jaime came walking in, hastily dressed and wearing his hair natural and curly. "Sup guys," he said, taking a seat next to Vic.

We relaxed for another half hour before they decided to practice. They went down into the basement to set everything up and come up with new ideas for songs, and practice ones they already knew, and that whole routine. I was left with the empty upstairs to do with as I please.

I decided on playing video games, looking through Jaime's game collection and deciding on a classic: Sly Cooper and the Thevius Raccoonus. Okay, maybe it wasn't a classic, but I remembered playing it with him back when we were barely starting highschool. I started on the first level, but recognized it immediately. I had practically memorized this over the years and got through it in no time.

After a little while into the game, I heard the basement door open. Someone came over to where I was, but I was too busy killing evil voodoo zombies to pay attention. "What game is this?" they said. I paused to look over at Tony.

"Sly Cooper and the Theivius Raccoonus," I responded, and he nodded.

"Never played it before, maybe I'll check it out after practice," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, what are you doing up here anyway?" I said as I raised my eyebrow.

"I dunno, I wanted a break so I came up to get a beer. Mind if I sit down with you?" he asked.

"No problem, I'm just gonna kill these voodoo monster bitches," I said, unpausing the game. I heard him laugh. We were silent, the sound of video game gore preventing it from being too quiet, and I tried to ignore the fact that our laps were touching. I felt him looking at me, and let myself glance over to make an awkward eye contact. God damn it, my character lost a life for that. I tried not to look away from the screen again, but I knew he was looking at me and I couldn't help it. After a little while, I felt him get up and I paused the game so he could pass by.

"I should probably get back to practice," he explained.

"Yeah, they must be waiting for you," I said, upset that he had to leave even though we weren't talking about anything.

"I was thinking, maybe we should hang out sometime, but without the rest of the guys. You know? Just you and me," he said, giving a slight hopeful smile.

"Sure, that would be fun," I answered, my heart doing a flip in my chest. He retreated into the basement and I spent a few moments smiling like an idiot.

No, no, no Ana. He just said to hang out, he didn't say it was a date. But I could still hope, couldn't I? I shouldn't get my hopes up that he felt anything for me, so I tried to calm myself. But either way, I was excited to get to know this Tony.