Status: On hiatus.

Casually Cruel

drei

"mixed tapes, mixed feelings of elation"casually cruel

Image

She was by far the prettiest girl at the party that night.

Her blonde hair fell in messy curls over her shoulders and down her back. She was wearing a dark blue sleeveless dress that was pulled to her waist by a turquoise coloured belt; somehow, she managed to cover her body, yet still look absolutely stunning. Drew noticed her sipping out of a yellow plastic cup awkwardly as her cousin babbled on to her best friend, Taylor Madison.

He tossed his own empty cup into a trash bag sitting a few feet away from him. Now was as good a time as any to introduce himself to the girl.

Drew had barely taken five steps before Ty came up behind him, clapping him on the shoulder. “Best idea you ever had, dude. So glad you decided to start this up again. I'm this close to talking Tara Ruocco into heading up in the barn loft with me,” he added, holding up his fingers an inch apart.

Drew nodded, looking over his friend's shoulder at the blonde, who was still straying at the edge of her cousin's conversation. “That's great, Ty, but I really need to go-”

“Speaking of girls!” Ty interrupted. “Did you talk to Lisa's cousin yet? She's looking awful pretty tonight.”

“Yeah, she is,” Drew agreed. “I'm actually gonna go talk to her now. So if you'll just move out of my way.”

Ty laughed and shook his head at his friend. “Good luck with that, man.”

Drew turned to where she had been standing moments ago, to find that she and Lisa had now disappeared altogether. He cursed under his breath and glanced around the tent. They were no where to be seen.

“Goddammit Ty,” he muttered. He walked over to the table and grabbed another cup, keeping an eye out all the while for the little blonde girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
to my four subscribers, i just want to say:
i love you.
ever so much.

and thanks to MissRead11 for commenting;
honestly, nothing makes me happier than signing into mibba and seeing that i have 'alerts'.
my heart goes weee.