Status: On hiatus.

Casually Cruel

sechs

"just let it, go then it's, off to find another face"

Image

“Excuse me,” Jenna-Lee replied, tapping a random boy on the shoulder. He turned to look at her, his eyes thin and red. “Have you seen Lisa anywhere?”

“Sorry darling, can't help you,” he slurred out before turning his attention back to the dark haired girl he had been engaged in a drunken conversation with.

Jenna-Lee sighed and turned away from the couple. She had lost her cousin about an hour ago when she had ventured upstairs in the barn. She came back down to find Lisa missing in action. Jenna-Lee noticed that Colton was missing as well; it wasn't hard to put two and two together and figure out that they were together. Though she hadn't expected Lisa to just ditch her at the party like that.

“Are you okay?” asked a raspy voice from behind her. The blonde turned to find Drew standing behind her, a small smile on his face. “You look a little lost.”

“You haven't seen Lisa around lately, have you?” she asked, hoping that the boy could enlighten her on the whereabouts of her cousin. “I haven't seen her since I saw you in the barn... I think she may have ditched me for Colton.”

“They left, like, an hour ago,” Drew replied. “I think they went back to Colton's.”

Jenna-Lee closed her eyes and let out a frustrated groan. “Of course they did. That's just perfect.”

“You know,” Drew began slowly, “you're welcome to crash up at the house tonight, if you'd like. I'm sure there are going to be others staying. But I can save a bed for you if you'd like.”

Spend the night at a strange boy's house? There was no doubt in Jenna-Lee's mind that her mother would kill her. Then her mother would fly down to bring her back to life and kill her again. “No, thank you,” Jenna-Lee replied quickly. “My aunt would lose her mind.”

Drew nodded. He understood the girl's apprehension for not wanting to stay the night. But he couldn't in good conscious let her walk into town alone. “It's cool,” he said. “But I can't let a pretty girl like you find her way back to town alone. Let me tell Ty that I'm leaving and I'll walk you into town. Lisa's house isn't that far from here.”

Before Jenna-Lee could open her mouth to protest, Drew had turned away and was loping his way across the grass. She watched as he has a short conversation with his shorter, blonder friend before making his way back to her.

“After you, Miss Lee,” he said, smiling as he held an arm out for her.

She glanced down at the crook of his elbow before shooting him a polite smile. “It's Jenna-Lee,” was her reply before she made her way down the dirt road. “Well?” she asked, as she looked over her shoulder to see Drew still standing where she had left him. “Are you coming?”

“Yes ma'am,” he murmured, breaking into a jog to catch up with the small blonde.
♠ ♠ ♠
a huge thanks to carousels; for commenting.


also: i'm up to ten subscribers!
know that i adore each and every one of you.

but go comment now.