Status: I'm going to try my best with these fanfiction. Hope you guys like it! :)

Distance Means so Little When Someone Means so Much . . . or Does it?

It's Never Easy

"Dougie is playing amazing in the NHL! The Bruins jersey is very fitting for him. I'd love to see him closer to home though. A Leafs jersey would be an even better fit, so we wouldn't have to be separated for as long as hockey season takes him from me," I said chatting to my best friend, Jenna, during our usual late night conversations on the phone. She asked me how Dougie was knowing that we're going through the toughest thing I'd say, a long distance relationship. I silently sighed knowing these couple months and previous years have been hard on me. He has hockey away from here, and I am at home studying for university.

Jenna comforted me and said, "Hold on Marie! You're a strong, beautiful girl! He'll be home before you know it. When I see you guys together, I really see the true love between you two."

I smiled. She always knew how to sense when I feel down, and how to make me feel better. I replied to her, "Thank you, Jenna. I'll call you later. I need to get back to studying for psychology," which was my major for university.

"Bye," stated Jenna. We both hung up.

I opened my psychology book, "Pioneers of Psychology," and started to study the history of Psychology. "Wilhelm Wundt was known as the father of Psychology," I read, and repeated to get the information into my head. "Wilhelm founded- you really miss Dougie don't you?" Dougie was on my mind again. I ignored my emotions and continued to read, "Wilhelm founded a laboratory for the study in- his smile, his gorgeous hazel eyes, his love, his everything," my mind continued to harass me with thoughts of Dougie.

I closed my book and let myself sink into the couch. "I miss him. I love him. I just can't handle this," I thought. I picked up my phone from aside of me, and scrolled through my contacts. There he was. His contact was "Dougie" with a bunch of heart emojis, like every girl with a boyfriend does. I double tapped his number and called him. The phone rang about 5 times, and then went to voicemail.

"Hi you reached Dougie. Leave a message, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible," his voicemail spoke. I missed that voice so very much.

"Hey hot stuff! I miss you. Just wanted to tell you how much I loooove youuuu," I said like the way we talk when we're together, "Let's Skype soon. You're doing great with the Bruins. I love you babe! Call me back. Bye," I hung up the phone, got up, and set off to get ready for bed even though it was early for me, being 8:00.

I first showered. Showering always makes me think. I take my sweet old time, soak in the warm water, breathe in water vapor, and let my thought process begin.

My thought process began with how to cope with Dougie and I's relationship. I should be used to it, but this year is different. He's in a farther away city for hockey. I was used to him being in Niagara with the OHL Niagara Ice Dogs. The Niagara Ice Dogs weren't that far from home. I would sometimes go to his games and cheer him on. Now he's in the United States playing hockey for a pro team in Boston. I thought of how my hometown team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, play the Boston Bruins, somewhat often, so I could see Dougie whenever he's here. Then there are chances where I can travel to see him.

I turned off the shower, dried off, got my pajamas on, and locked the thoughts in my head. I walked to my room, shut the lights, and lied down on my bed.

"I'd do anything just to see and hear you again," I thought over and over again in bed till I finally fell asleep to thoughts of our moments together in the summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think in the comments :). Suggestions are welcome! This is the first fan-fiction I will actually try to finish being a new writer :P. My Luongo one didn't end out too well so that's over, unless otherwise stated by me!