Status: Please don't flame me. Read the story and enjoy or move on to another one. Thanks, happy reading.

All Hope Is Gone

Savior

I swung my leg back and forth in the air. I was sitting on a high branch of a tree, once again, in Central Park. The place had become a regular hunting ground for me. I had come across a few others of my kind who had the same idea.
Thankfully there were enough humans in the park which allowed us to not become territorial. I hadn't fought against another vampire, and if my condition from when I was a human was anything to go by, I wasn't very strong in this body. At least not against someone of my own kind.
It was snowing lightly and I leaned against the trunk in anticipation. I was waiting for someone to pass by so I could jump them. It would be easy. I would just leap down, grab them, drag them over to some bushes, and commence my meal.
It was usually a homeless person that would become my prey unfortunately. I couldn't help but think I was doing them a favor, giving them death over the life they were currently living. It was as cold as a bitch's heart out, the month being January and all. Of course, the cold did nothing to me.
The cells of my body were resilient. My blood cells moved on their own, carrying the nutrients and oxygen from the blood I drank throughout my body. The plasma in my blood was made of a protein that didn't freeze unless under extremely cold temperatures. I didn't even have to breathe if the urge wasn't such a habit.
The act of waiting was starting to get to me as I sat there. I had waited all day for this.
I hunted at night, the cover of darkness provided me shadows to slink and hide in. Though, the moon was out tonight, and it gave enough light to show the bushes and fences of the parks where the lamps didn't shine.
A shout made me sit up straight. It came a few yards from the tree I was sitting in. I got into a crouch and licked my lips as I jumped down. Then came the scent drifting in the wind.
I let myself become a slave to it. The sweet scent of the liquid that pounded through the owner of the shout. I sprinted, following the source of the smell.
I came upon a fight. Two men were hitting another man. Though the man on the ground was fighting back quite hard. I ignored the fallen one and jumped at one of the attackers, using my nails to slit his throat.
My nails looked normal and non-lethal, but they were made of something stronger than steel and I had grown them to tips.
The man dropped to his knees, his hands grabbing his slashed throat. The scent of blood washed over me and I felt my lips curl back and my eyes widen.
The other attacker had seen his friend fall, and now lunged at me.
"Crazy ass bitch-"
He was cut off when I grabbed him by his throat and lifted him off the ground. I looked up at his face and sneered in disgust. He looked to be middle aged and with rotten teeth. A regular low-life in New York City. He smelled like sewage.
He must have seen my teeth and the savage look in my eyes. "Please, don't hurt me, please-"
He was cut off again when I lowered him and in a split second, had his neck in my mouth.
His smell was bad, but his blood was rich. I drank heavily, basking in the taste of his life. In a few minutes he would die, just like his friend had. I had heard his friend's heart stop in the middle of my drinking and paid it no mind. It wasn't like another life on my hands was a big deal.
I was almost finished, when a noise reached my ears. I lifted my head from the mugger's neck and remembered the victim of the men. He was still on the ground and staring at the other man's lifeless body.
I let go of the body in my hands and he swung his head over at the sound of the thump.
And suddenly I was staring into a pair of pale blue eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
And bam! Our star appears! Read and review please! :D