Status: Please don't flame me. Read the story and enjoy or move on to another one. Thanks, happy reading.

All Hope Is Gone

Idiotic Stunts

It was a few days later. The sun had just gone down and I was sitting on a bench next to the bronze statue of Alice in Wonderland. I was waiting to pick up the scent of a human.
I had finished a painting that afternoon. It was of a man sitting on a bench. I had painted it so that the lamp next to him shone down and gave his face a dark profile. The lamp was the only source of light in the piece. I knew that my inspiration for it was from the night I had met Corey. It had come out great though, and I was waiting for it to dry before sending pictures to various art venues.
I had called Jack to explain to him about my heart beat. He didn't know why it happened. In all his years he had never heard of such a thing. He had questioned why I didn't just kill the guy who had caused it. I told him because I had gotten the feeling that I shouldn't. He didn't have a reply to that.
Now I sat there with my ipod in my hands, waiting for a scent to drift my way. I had been into rock and roll before I was changed and I found that my tastes hadn't changed. 'Vicarious' by Tool was pounding in my ears.
'Vicariously I live, while the whole world dies. You all need it too, don't lie. . .', I mouthed the words silently.
"Delilah!" The call was faint, but I heard it through the music.
I twisted my face in confusion and pulled an ear bud out. Who the hell would be calling my name?
It came again, but now it was louder and it held a note of panic in it. "Delilah!"
The voice sounded familiar. . . Corey?
It was coming from a path a good distance from me to the right. I started sprinting, jumping up, and leaping from branch to branch. My speed was greater than a human's and I followed the cry to it's source in less than a minute.
And I found him again. This time pushed up against a tree, a girl holding him in her grasp. Crutches lay where they had fallen next to him. He was trying to fight her off, grunting when his blows did nothing.
The scent around them told me that she was a fellow vampire. And she was pulling back his head, ready to go for the kill. He whimpered as he realized what was going on. That noise made something pull in me and suddenly I was pissed.
A guttural growl rose up in me and I leaped at her, slamming into her body with my own. She jumped up and snarled, flashing her fangs at me. Corey had slumped down now that she wasn't pressing him up against the tree trunk.
I matched her snarl, baring my own teeth and curling my nails. I took a stance in front of him.
She was a small thing, still strong, but petite. I wasn't much myself, but I was taller and had the advantage of long limbs.
We circled each other, much like wolves about to fight. Why was I doing this for one stupid human? Said human was going to get a mouthful from me if I lived through this. I glanced at him and he was staring wide eyed at us.
She suddenly swung a hand at me, flashing nails. I dodged it and gave a swing of my own. My nails collided with her side and I felt the glory in drawing blood. She growled defiantly and paid no attention to her injury.
She sprang at me and tried to take me to the ground. I grabbed onto her shoulders and with her momentum, threw her into a tree. She recovered and came at me in a flurry of punches and kicks. I matched each one until I was able to grab one of her feet. I pulled her to me and threw her to the ground. Before she could be up, I lunged down and had her neck in my jaws. My knees were on her legs and my hands were on her arms, preventing her from throwing her off.
"Fine, I give." She spat angrily. I let go of her and leaped away before she could take another swing at me. An old instinct in me told me that I had won. She stayed on the ground until I held my hand out in a truce.
She glared at me, but took my hand and shook it nonetheless. Then she was gone. I heard her leaping through the trees until the sounds of her movements were gone.
Then I turned back to Corey. His face was white and he seemed to be in shock. He didn't seem to be injured. Well, besides the bandages that were on his ankle from the other night. His pale blue eyes moved and he was staring at me again. Those blue eyes made the familiar throb in my heart happen again. In an instant, I felt anger boiling in me, what the hell was he thinking? Wasn't one near death experience enough for him?
"What on earth are you doing here?", I snarled at him. This seemed to jolt him back to reality. And my tone made him flinch.
"I wanted to see you again, sorry, I didn't know. . . what are you guys?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Review please.