Status: Please don't flame me. Read the story and enjoy or move on to another one. Thanks, happy reading.

All Hope Is Gone

Insanity Ensues

*Corey*
She looked furious. I couldn't blame her, she had just fought that girl off because of me. How was I supposed to know that there were other lunatics like her? I was still shaking from it. I could still feel that girl's teeth at my neck. I had gotten a glimpse at those teeth when her and Delilah had fought. They were sharp.
Delilah. I hadn't been able to get her out of my head for the past few days. Which was why I had come back, to try and find her again. I know, going after a girl who had killed two guys while I watched wasn't a smart idea. I had been packing though, just in case I was jumped again. My knife was now in the snow next to me. The girl had just smacked it out of my hand like it was nothing.
Snow was starting to melt into my jeans and I tried to stand up.
"What on earth are you doing here?", she asked angrily. I flinched at the sudden sound. She was just as beautiful as the night before. Tall, elegant, and dark. Her eyes were piercing and made it feel like she could see through to my soul.
"I just wanted to see you again, sorry, I didn't know. . . what are you guys?", I asked quietly. She had thrown that girl like she was nothing. And she had drank that guy's blood from the night before.
She visibly stiffened. "Why do you want to know? Besides, I think you already have an idea."
She was right. I had already thought of what they were. Vampires.
But they couldn't be real right? Vampires didn't exist. Or did they?
I laughed. "You're trying to tell me you're vampires?" I tried to pass it off like a joke. She didn't laugh.
I sobered up. "You can't be serious right? Vampire aren't real."
Suddenly I was pressed back up against the tree. Her teeth were on my neck.
"Does this feel unreal to you?", she asked, her voice was edgy. Her breath was cool against my skin and I shivered. Not in fear, but in arousal. Something about her was seductive. I wasn't worried about her actually biting me. She would have done that the night before if she had really wanted to.
I felt her sniffing me.
"You're not scared.", she stated, almost in surprise. I chuckled. "You did promise that you wouldn't hurt me."
She threw herself away from me and looked at me in disgust.
"Are you really that suicidal? I could kill you in one bite." She said, almost with an air of pride.
I grinned cockily, "But you won't."
She growled in frustration.
"Whatever." She shook her head in anger and started walking away. I held a hand out. "Hold up!"
She spun around. "What now?" She glared at me.
"I came out here to talk to you and ask if you wanted to go out sometime.", I told her, grinning a little. I had to be insane, but I wasn't afraid of her. In fact, I felt a bit of attraction to her.
She looked at me like I was stupid. "You really just wanted to tell me that?"
I nodded.
"And what did you have in mind? Bypassing the fact that I'm a vampire and you're a human, what did you want to do?" She asked, crossing her arms.
I shrugged, "Maybe a coffee tomorrow? I know a Starbucks around here."
"I don't drink coffee." She replied. I felt like smacking myself. Duh, of course she didn't drink anything else besides blood.
"Well then, maybe just for a conversation?", I requested. I know I sounded desperate, but I felt like I had a connection to her. She still had that look on her face. Like she thought I was mentally incompetent.
She seemed to muse a little before saying. "Fine." And then she gave me a small grin. I felt the corners of my mouth lifting.
"Alright then, maybe around twelve? Do you know the Starbucks I'm talking about?"
She nodded, "I'll be there."
I smiled widely, "Great!"

*Delilah*
I can't believe I just agreed to meet up with him. What was I thinking? He was a human?
And what the hell was going on in his head? He should fear me, want to kill me in disgust. He had watched me drink from a man the other night. He shouldn't want to go out on a date with me!
A date? That was another thing. What was with the sigh from before? It sounded more like he enjoyed my teeth at his neck than feared them.
I turned away from him and started walking back to my waiting spot, I still had to feed tonight.
"Um, hey, could you maybe help me?" He was trying to stand up and pick up his crutches. I sighed in exasperation and helped him until he was soundly on his feet.
"How did you even get here?" I asked, walking next to him as he made his way back to the entrance of the park. He was going at a snail's pace, and the threat of that girl was still around.
"I'm here with my band and one of them drove me. They thought I was nuts but I was able to persuade them." He grinned at me again. Full of smiles tonight wasn't he?
"They're right. You are nuts.", I told him.
We made it out to the entrance and he sat down on the same bench from the other night. He still had a black eye, but the bruise on his cheek had started to fade. He pulled out his phone and started texting someone.
"Listen, I've got to go, I'll see you tomorrow alright?", I told him when he put the phone back in his pocket.
"Aw, won't you sit and wait with me?", he patted the space next to him.
I might have, if I had fed already, but I was starting to feel the thirst start to take over.
"Sorry, but that wouldn't be a wise move, you're starting to look quite tasty at the moment."
He thought I was joking, but when he realized I wasn't, his eyes widened in realization.
"Oh sorry, um, alright, I'll see you tomorrow then." He grinned crookedly. I smiled back. I took notice of his blue eyes again. Once again another throb. Sigh, oh fate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Review lovelies :)