Status: Completed.

Broken

It's Kill Or Lose

A breathless moan lingered in the humid hotel room, the rhythmical thud of the poorly assembled mahogany headboard against tasteless floral print wallpaper a crude reminder of the euphoric primal exchange. Daniel Murillo released a guttural groan, whispered profanities through clenched teeth as his calloused fingertips gripped the delicate porcelain flesh of his lover’s slender waist. Beads of perspiration ventured down the musician’s athletic abdomen, lean tattooed arms flexing as his hips thrust in determination. A hint of desperation in the lustful yearning, two weeks had passed since his last encounter with his beautiful lover. Two weeks without physical release was enough to drive his sexual need to dangerous heights. “Oh, Danny.” The nymph praised in ecstasy, the husky raw sensuality in the delicate voice causing his heart to palpitate and the muscles in his lower stomach to tighten.

“C’mon baby.” He whispered, pressing a hungry kiss against those sinful rose lips. “God, I missed you, Syd.” He groaned into the girl’s mouth, the affectionate gesture heating up with the pent up emotion from the absence. Daniel tried, unsuccessfully, on several occasions to convince his inner conscious that the relationship was nothing but a sheer physical attraction. That no matter how mind blowing the sex was now, eventually, the pair would get bored of each other; the pursuit would come to a screeching halt and no one would be the wiser. Unfortunately, he was wrong. The physical attraction blended into the friendship, slowly evolving into an affair.

“Say it.” Daniel commanded in an evasive groan. They both understood what he wanted, the singer wanted verbal confirmation to subdue his male ego, to sooth the searing ache in the depths of his heart. A moan escaped Sydney’s kiss swollen lips, mind reeling from the impending release building in the pit of her abdomen. “Say it, Sydney.” Daniel growled, hips roughly jerking against hers, earning a startled shriek of ecstasy. A smug smirk crept across his beige pout, he knew he’d hit the sweet spot that would send his lover over the edge in a matter of seconds, only if he chose to. He’d use any advantage in his possession if it meant she would give in to his plea.

“Ah, jesus, Danny.” Sydney hissed, chipped midnight nails breaking the skin of his shoulder blades. “D-don’t stop.”

“Then say it baby.” Daniel murmured against his lover’s parted lips, rocking his hips against hers in an agonizingly stagnant fashion. Slowing the pace dramatically as his honey flecked milk chocolate irises gazed intently into her half-lidded aquamarine eyes.

“You are amazing.” She whispered blissfully, delicate fingers tangling in Daniel’s raven hair. “He can’t make me cum like you can.” She arched her back, breasts pressing against his muscular chest as he increased his pace. “He doesn’t satisfy me the way you do.” She whispered seductively, the warmth of her breath brushing against his ear. That was all it took, the musician heard what he needed to let his guard down for the grand finale. The couple released euphoric moans and breathless gasps as he rode out their orgasms, pearly white teeth breaking the delicate flesh above the girl’s prominent collarbone. The mattress shook, Daniel’s glistening body falling beside his lover in an exhausted manner. A sprightly giggle jolted the musician’s heart, the muscle drumming against his ribcage as it fought to regulate itself.

“How long can you stay?” Daniel inquired in a whisper, honey flecked milk chocolate eyes staring vacantly at the dirty acoustic ceiling. The disheveled sheets shuffled, mattress shaking as the beautiful girl wrapped a slender arm around his bare torso, nuzzling her perfectly crafted button nose against his glistening chest.

“I have all night.” The murmur muffled by his flesh, a relieved sigh ghost over his beige lips as his muscles relaxed. The assurance brought a sense of gratification; he wouldn’t have to smother the disappointment or the jealousy tonight. For one night, Daniel could wrap his muscular tattooed arms around his lover and cradle the beauty until they were lulled to a peaceful slumber. For one night, he could endure a taste of what it would be like if he were in his position. If he truly had Sydney Lorraine Ragan to himself he never would have let their love slip through his fingers, he never would have chosen an addiction over their relationship and he never would’ve raised a hand to her.

“What do you say to pizza and a movie, baby?” Daniel questioned, pressing an affectionate kiss to her forehead as he twirled a strand of her hair around his index finger.

“Oh, can we watch Friends with Benefits?” She questioned, lifting her head so she could flutter her dark eyelashes at him. Alluring aquamarine irises widening innocently as she stuck her bottom lip out, pouting exaggeratedly, knowing he would give in to her plea.

“Uh, Syd.” He groaned, throwing his tattooed arm over his darkening eyes overdramatically. He hated when she gave him that look, those seductive eyes weakened his defenses and those full sinful lips always did him in. He always caved. “Must you demolish any shred of manhood I have?”

“Please?” She crawled on top of his nude body, smooth flesh eliciting an electric current through his bare limbs. “We can watch something gory and manly after, I promise.” The compromise was neglected, he fought his subconscious yearning to initiate round three. Tonight should be about spending time together, no matter how good she felt straddling his hips.

“Fine.” His strong calloused fingertips clutched the back of her neck, crashing their lips together in a passionate kiss. “But you need to get dressed.” He whispered against her full lips before leaving a trail of love bites along her soft jawline. “Or we’ll end up staying in bed all night.”

“Oh, no you don’t.” She giggled, hopping off of his naked body as she scrambled off the mess of cheap sheets. “No seducing me, Mr. Murillo.” Lust smoldering in his darkening milk chocolate eyes as he watched his lover’s voluptuous backside sway in a sensual dance, bending over for a split second before shimming into the raven lacey thong she’d worn hours ago to drive him wild.

“You’re horrible.” Daniel released a hoarse chuckle, shaking his head as she slipped his cotton Hollywood Undead shirt onto her petite frame, the cloth swallowing her whole.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She giggled, strutting to the restroom feet away, the bottom of his shirt barely touching the ample curve of her backside causing his manhood to twitch.

“Liar.” He accused, amusement to his hoarse voice as he sat up. There was something about that girl that drove him to a primal state. He felt a little guilty sometimes, for the affair. He was friends with all of his band mates, they were like brothers. Jorel had recently shown a tinge of suspicion, but he couldn’t bring himself to feel bad. He didn’t deserve her. George was as clueless as the rest to the forbidden relationship, the hidden love. He felt the worst for him, because he had no idea of the silent war for his little sister’s affection. “I’ll be back, babe.” He called to the closed door, buttoning his coal jeans before shrugging into his hoodie, zipping it up to hide his exposed flesh. He shook his head with a grin on his face to the muffled ‘Okay’ he received before heading out.

Image

A half an hour passed, a determined knock echoing through the silent hotel room startling Sydney from the television show she was aimlessly occupying herself with awaiting her lover’s return. As she approached the door, the knocking ceased, an eerie silence causing goosebumps to arise on her bare limbs. The hotel room door slammed open, a startled scream escaping her full lips as a furious Jorel Decker stormed into the room. The singer’s warm dark chocolate irises were bloodshot, almost as if he’d been crying. No, Jorel never cried.

“Where the fuck is that son of a bitch?” Jorel’s deep voice questioned coldly.

“J-Jay.” Sydney stammered, completely caught off guard by his unexpected presence.

“Where the fuck is he, Sydney?” He demanded in a bitter snarl, shoving past his girlfriend in search of his band mate.

“Who?” She tried desperately to keep her composure, pretending to act as if she hadn’t just rolled out of bed with their mutual friend. Fury smoldered in his dark chocolate irises as he glared coldly at his girlfriend, he’d loved her more than he’d ever loved another. He was going to ask her to marry him. All he could see as he stood there staring at the t-shirt on her petite body was his band mate’s tattooed fingers touching her porcelain skin, his lips pressed against those plush lips as he whispered sweet nothings to the beauty. It was sickening. Jorel’s tattooed fingers wrapped around her lean arms, tightening as he pulled her flush against his body, pressing his forehead against hers.

“How could you do this to us, Syd?” He whispered, the rough demeanor from moments ago dwindling to a sorrowful pain. “I love you.”

“Jay, I-I.” She stammered as guilt crept to the surface. She never meant to fall in love with Daniel, it just happened. The friendship was pushed to its limits when she struggled with Jorel’s addiction, but the night that he pushed things too far, the night that he hit her, that was the night things with Daniel were no longer on a platonic level.

“He can’t have you, Sydney.” He growled dangerously, something in the depths of those dark chocolate eyes snapped. He was turning into the same drug induced animalistic monster he’d been that night. The same one that forced himself on her. “You’re mine.”

“Jay, you’re hurting me.” She whimpered, his fingers tightening around her porcelain skin.

“Tell me you love me.” He commanded ignoring the way her soft features contorted in pain.

“I am serious.” She cried, arms struggling against his steel grip. “You’re hurting me, Jorel.”

“I said tell me you love me!” He exclaimed, warm breath sending a frigid shudder down her spine as he shouted at her.

“You’re hurting me!” She screamed brokenly, a sob escaping her throbbing throat.

“Sydney!” Daniel called distantly, panic and concern in his voice. Jorel’s beige lips twitched into a sadistic smirk, releasing his girlfriend as her lover came into view. Daniel dropped the contents of the night’s plans in the doorway, pizza splattering messily on the beige carpet as the video crashed to the ground. “Get away from her, Jorel.”

“Or what, Danny?” Jorel questioned mockingly, glaring at the shorter man as he approached Sydney. His anger only heightened as Daniel wrapped his arms around his lover’s shivering frame, whispered soothing words of concern as his fingertips brushed against the forming bruises on her delicate skin.

“Alright, that’s enough.” Jorel growled as he scowled. “Get away from my girl.” He reached out, grasping her wrist tightly and yanking her petite frame toward his body like a doll.

“This is between us, don’t touch her.” Daniel replied heatedly, stepping toward the pair courageously.

“No, actually.” Jorel reached behind his back, yanking a concealed hand gun from the waist of his jeans. “This is between me and Syd.” He used the barrel of the gun to gesture between the girl and himself.

“W-what the fuck is wrong with you?” Daniel stammered; a knot twisting in the depths of his abdomen as his eyes widened. “Don’t fucking point that at her, Jorel.”

“Would you rather I point it at you?” Jorel chuckled darkly, point the gun in his band mate’s direction as Sydney began to panic in his grasp.

“Please, stop.” She plead helplessly, warm tears rolling down her face, clearly scared for Daniel’s safety. “I-I love you, Jay.” Jorel’s smirk faded, lips pressed together tightly as he scrutinized the girl’s facial expression. Conscious thoughts contemplating on whether she actually meant it or if she was lying to him again.

“Syd.” Daniel whispered in a damaged utterance.

“Kiss me.” Jorel demanded wearily, ignoring Daniel, unable to decipher whether the acclamation were true. However, it was impossible to fake passion. Sydney’s eyebrows knit together, sapphire azure irises apologizing to Daniel silently as she glanced in his direction. She knew by the heartbroken expression on his face that this was painful for him, but he had to understand that if she didn’t give her boyfriend what he wanted, they were in danger. In his drug induced rage, Jorel was completely unpredictable. It was impossible to know whether he would actually hurt either of them or possibly himself. The couple had their fair share of problems, but despite it all, she still loved Jorel. “If you love me then kiss me.”

Sydney’s nimble fingers grasp the nape of Jorel’s neck, closing the gap between their faces. The moment those soft lips met his in a kiss; he pressed his palm flat against her lower back, pulling her flush against his side. Their mouths worked in a heated dance, ignoring the awkward presence of his band mate in the doorway. Daniel’s jealousy pulsed through his veins like frigid shards of glass, adrenaline coursing through his limbs. In the blink of an eye, Sydney’s skimpily glad body was shoved onto the disheveled mattress. Grunts of aggression filling the hotel room as Jorel and Daniel wrestled each other for dominance of the situation. Daniel’s muscular arm wrapped tightly around Jorel’s neck, desperately reaching for the gun in his friend’s hand. Sydney shouted to the two men, wanting it all to end. None of this was meant to happen. She should have never come here tonight. She should’ve known better when she asked Jorel what his plans were tonight and he replied with an evasive ‘going out’ before dropping the conversation.

“I hate you.” Jorel’s deep voice growled as the men ran into the dresser, the television teetering on the furniture piece before crashing to the carpeted ground. The ear piercing shatter of glass echoing through the room.

“You never deserved her.” Daniel barked, kneeing the taller man in his side, essentially winding his competitor.

“Stop.” Sydney plead, frightened that someone would get hurt. No one knew if the gun was loaded or even if it was on safety. “Please, sto-” The girl’s plea fell short as a gunshot echoed through the room, both men stopping all movement. “Oh my god.” Jorel backed away from Daniel, dark chocolate eyes widening as Daniel’s tattooed hand clutched his lower abdomen. Crimson blood trickling down his fingers as he pulled his hand away.

“Sydney.” Jorel stammered, backing away from his band mate as his girlfriend jumped off the bed, crawling to her lover as he fell to his knees. “I-it was an a-accident. I just m-meant to scare him.”

“What is wrong with you?” She bellowed, tears glistening in her solemn aquamarine eyes as she glared at her boyfriend. “You’re a monster.”

“Syd.” Jorel whispered, shock coursing through his system sobering him up instantly. “We have to go.”

“No.” She whimpered, fingers pressed firmly to the wound on Daniel’s athletic core. The hiss through clenched teeth a reminder to the severity of the situation, she had to get him help before he bled out. “I am not leaving him.”

“Sydney.” Jorel stated, furrowing his eyebrows in annoyance as he glanced over his broad shoulder. The door to the room had been open through the entire endeavor, someone could have seen him. He was a fugitive now. No one would believe that it was an accident, he was going to prison for attempted murder. “Let’s go. I am not kidding.”

“No, I am getting him help.” She whispered, nimble fingers shaking as her crimson digits dialed for help on Daniel’s cell phone. She’d fished it out of his pocket while Jorel stood there staring at him vacantly.

“No, you’re not.” Jorel stepped toward the pair, snatching the cell phone from her hands.

“He’s gonna die, Jorel!”

“They’ll arrest me, Sydney! Is that what you want?” Jorel accused, tucking the cell phone in his pocket. “I’ll go to prison!”

“I don’t care!” She hollered truthfully. The statement startling everyone in the room, Jorel’s mouth opened as if he were going to say something but nothing came out. “He needs help! I can’t lose him!”

“I’ll go to prison.” Jorel recited again, the betrayal searing his heart as he stared at his girlfriend. “They’ll take me away. You can’t lose him but you’ll lose me?”

“This was your fault.” She whimpered, clutching Daniel’s strong hand in her own. The cocking of the gun pierced the eerie silence, earning the couple’s attention as Jorel pointed the gun at his girlfriend. Daniel’s honey flecked milk chocolate irises were panicked; he knew what would come next. It was the only way Jorel could make it out without witnesses, he’d kill her.

“If you’re not with me.” Jorel whispered, warm tears glistening in his dark chocolate eyes as his hand trembled. He didn’t want to hurt the only woman he’d genuinely ever loved. He wanted her to be with him and only him, he wanted her to leave Danny behind and run away with him. “I have to hurt you, Sydney. Don’t make me hurt you.” He whispered brokenly, bottom lip quivering as he shook his head. “I can’t lose you, Syd. I love you.”

The distant shrill screech of sirens startled the gunman as he glanced over his broad shoulder, fear in his eyes as he looked over at his girlfriend. Someone must’ve heard the commotion and called the police. If he had to guess, he only had five minutes before they got here. He cursed under his breath as he pointed the gun at his girlfriend, head tilting to the side as he silently plead with her to leave with him.

“I love him, Jay.” She whimpered.

“No Sydney, no.” Jorel’s eyes glistened with unshed tears. The sorrow and heartbreak in his voice was unmistakable. “No, you love me. You do.”

“Stay with me, please.” Sydney whispered to Daniel as his head lulled, the grip on his wound weakened as his strong fingers slid down his abdomen. He fought the sleep attempting to consume him, desperately clutching to consciousness as he glared at the man feet away. “Not enough, Jay. Not enough. I don’t love you like I love Danny.”

“I am sorry, Syd. I really am.” He whispered, raising his gun, as it had fallen to his side as he watched the sorrow in his girlfriend’s eyes. “I really loved you.”

Adrenaline coursed through Daniel’s weakening body; he couldn’t allow this to happen. If anyone would make it out alive, it was going to be Sydney. He would make sure of that. Daniel ignored the pain in his stomach as he lunged in Jorel’s direction, shoving the gunman as hard as his arms would allow. Jorel stumbled back, tripping over his converse as he fought to gain composure. Sydney released a shriek as Jorel’s back made contact with the steel guard rail, the rusted metal trembling under the harsh weight before giving out. Sydney jogged in his direction, watching as Jorel’s limp body made contact with the concrete parking lot. Squad cars flew into the entrance, lights flashing as her boyfriend lay motionless on the pavement.

“Syd.” Daniel’s hoarse voice called, catching her attention immediately. She ran to Daniel, hand rubbing soothing circles against his firm back as he kneeled over clutching his stomach as a hiss escaped his ghostly lips. “A-are you okay?”

“I am fine.” She chuckled humorlessly, wiping at her dampened cheeks. That was her Danny, always concerned with her well-being despite himself. “Help is here. Just hold on okay?”

“I w-want you to l-listen to me.” He rasp, raising his stubbled face as his honey flecked chestnut irises fought to meet hers. “I love y-you. Can you j-just,” He closed his eyes tightly, cursing under his breath as he fought to breathe. “Tell m-me you love me.”

“I love you.” She sobbed, slender shoulders heaving as she began to cry. “I love y-you so m-much, Danny.”

“Ma’am.” A police officer stated cautiously. “Do you have any weapons on you?”

“No, no.” She replied quickly. “Please j-just help him.” The officer called out to a pair of paramedics, the pair shuffled in quickly seeing Daniel limply clutching his stomach. The paramedics took swift action, loading Daniel up on the ambulance in a rush to save his dwindling life. Sydney refused to look in the direction that Jorel had fallen, partially because she knew her entire composure would crumble seeing his lifeless body. She’d heard the whispers between the police officers and paramedics, Jorel died instantly. The moment his body made contact with the pavement, his skull crashed against the concrete taking his life. A strangled sob escaped her rose pout, the paramedics informed her that chances were Daniel wouldn’t make it. He’d already lost so much blood, and the origin to which the bullet entered was sure to have caused internal bleeding and unrepairable damage to his organs.

“Please, don’t leave me, Danny.” She whispered, intertwining their fingers together as her other hand brushed the chestnut hair from his pale face. “I can’t lose you.”

“I w-won’t leave y-you.” Daniel’s weak voice rasp, a strained smirk creeping across his chapped lips. “Ever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Part 1 of 2.