The Chase That Could Be Her Last

Safe(ish)

A couple of hours later

Rayne woke up in a strange dark room, she was laid on a comfortable bed with a thick blanket covering her. The door opened making her jump, a dark figure walked in and the atmosphere changed instantly.
“I’m glad to see that you’re awake, we were getting worried.” He said.
“Where am I? Who are you?” Rayne asked in response.
“Oh I’m sorry.” He replied, politely “I’m Irial and you’re in the house of the Dark King, Niall.”
“The Dark King... As in a Faery?” She asked, scared. Her whole life she had been told to stay away from faeries and now she was in the house of one of them.
“Yeah, but don’t worry we won’t hurt you.” This only slightly eased her fear.
“What about the others?”
“We won’t let them hurt you, we will protect you from anyone who would try to harm you.”
“We?” she questioned, starting to panic.
"The Dark Court" He replied
"Oh, why?"
"Because you're one of us."
"What? No I'm not, I'm not one of you" Rayne protested. Irial sighed shaking his head slightly.
"I know its hard to believe Rayne, but you are." She stood, wobbling slightly and started walking towards the door.
"Where are you going Rayne?" Irial asked "You don't even know where you are."
"I have to get out of here, I shouldn't be here. Faeries are dangerous." She muttered to herself whilst heading towards the door. She opened it only to have her way blocked by a tall, imposing, tattooed woman. She gasped in shock and stumbled backwards in an attempt to get away from her.
"Niall wants to see you Irial." She said looking past Rayne and straight at Irial.
"I'll be there in ten minutes Chela." Irial replied.
"He meant straight away, Irial."
"I'm a little busy right now, Chela." He motioned towards Rayne, who had moved to cower behind him.
"You know he doesn't like waiting."
"He'll understand. And see if you can get a hold of the Summer Queen, she may get through to Rayne better than I can."
When Chela had left Irial turned back to Rayne, tasting her fear as he did so.
"You don't have to be afraid of us, as I said before we wont hurt you." Irial said trying to reduce her fear, although he was enjoying the taste of it. He still hadn't told Niall that his ability to taste emotions had remained even after he had passed on his throne.

A few hours later

With some help from the Summer Queen, Irial had been able to calm Rayne down and explain the situation to her. Aislinn had also called Seth to see if he would be okay to have Rayne stay with him as she wasn't comfortable with staying in the Dark King's home. Irial had left when Chela came back and threatened to drag him to Niall if he didn't go with her voluntarily, this had made Rayne laugh a little as an image flashed through her mind. Rayne had decided that she liked Aislinn, eventhough she was a faery, and could even see them being friends in the future.

Eventhough she still didn't quite believe that she was one of them, she had to admit it did explain a few things that until now had been unexplainable; and it scared her. She didn't know much about the world of the fae, only that they were not to be trusted and were very dangerous. This belief was justified as a few years ago she had had an encounter with a member of the fae a couple of years before which had left her scared across her stomach and lower chest. He had been kind at first abdomen she had believed he had truly cared for her but this illusion was shattered one night. He wanted to take the relationship to a level that she wasn't comfortable with; he had been angry and had taken it out on her, permanently scarring her. Her love for him had blinded her to his true fae self. She had never forgiven herself.
"Rayne?" Aislinn asked "Hey are you okay?"
"Yeah sorry, just zoned out, I do that sometimes." Rayne replied, coming out of her depressing thoughts.
"Okay well Seth said we should try and come over soon as he's going out later."
"Can we drop by mine first? I want to grab my stuff, if I'm not gonna live there anymore."
"Yeah sure."
"Okay lets go then."

An hour later

They had arrived at Seth's home about half an hour ago, he seemed nice enough but it was clear that they didn't get much time alone and Rayne felt a little awkward. Soon though Aislinn had to go and deal with some Court business and soon after that Seth left to meet up with his friends, leaving Rayne on her own. She didn't know what to do, Seth had told her that the iron of the train carriages would keep most faeries away so she would be safe if she stayed inside, so she stayed inside. She watched Boomer for a while but she soon got bored and curled up on the sofa and read a book she'd picked up off of the floor until she fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, I've been quite busy for a while.