Status: Coming along

Secret Hung the Gold

Prologue

Ariel
Sirens wailed and the bright blue and red lights lit up the dark night. It wasn’t that much of a stretch to say that something like this happens every other night. Ariel stood outside of her back door alone and gazed over to the scene. Even from a distance she could see the cops struggle to separate the guys and a growing crowd of people itching to see the conflict. She shook her head and looked down.
It was typical of that side.
She walked back into the dark house, careful not to make any loud noises. If her dad awoke, she would have to hear another lecture of how she shouldn’t even glance in the direction of those people. Especially when the cops are around. She could already hear her father’s voice echoing in the back of her head. “It is best that we are not mixed. Imagine if we were! The value of our lives will diminish completely. Never do I want to see you even thinking of that side of town. You were born to the east side. A blessing that was!”And as her father spoke, she would dubiously nod and wish she could only see what it was like over there. Her father didn’t know, yet all he spoke of was how bad that side was. How could someone be so adamant when they are so ignorant?
As she settled back down in her bed, Ariel could only imagine if that was what the people on the other side thought of her...

Ernesto
The cops hands were all over Ernesto. He would have let go, but the combination of beer and pot in his system made it impossible for rational thinking. His hands gripped around the neck of the guy, so tightly that veins popped out of his arms and his fingers felt numb. Juan, Ernesto’s opponent, gasped and squirmed, pulling at Ernesto’s fingers. Finally, he was able to rip one hand off of his neck.
Ernesto loosened his grip from his neck and stood tall, his new shirt stretched and hanging loosely from his body. Juan still lay on the floor, his breaths short and raspy, one hang gripping his own neck, and the other smacking the ground.
Ernesto laughed darkly as his arms were yanked behind his back.
“Get in there,” The cop yelled, tightly gripping the back of Ernesto’s neck. He slid onto the hard, unforgiving chair and inhaled, calming his heavily beating heart. As the cop pulled off, Ernesto glanced at the crowd, to those who cheered and smacked the car with an unyielding approval. His eyes turned toward the town on the other side of the tracks, and saw one barely noticeable shadow enter into a house.
Ernesto snorted a laugh and shook his head. This was only another stereotype they could add onto the mountainous pile they have already compiled. It was almost funny, at that moment, how people so ignorant can be so hard-nosed to a side of town they had never seen before...
♠ ♠ ♠
New. So tell me comments and all that other good stuff.