Status: Oh yes. Trying to update everyday is a bit hard since my brain is malfunctioning at the moment due to a break up. So, bear with me. :)

The Lost Angel

Claimed

“She just kept on saying that ‘he’s here’..”

Noise and consciousness slowly started creeping in on my system but I still felt tired. Sedated. I can’t move. My arms and legs are seemingly tied on the bed.

“What are we going to do?” Aunt Jenna’s voice sounded frantic and worried and nervous.

“Katherine..” I slowly opened my eyes and saw topaz ones staring down at me worriedly.

I opened my mouth, “Rose..” Panic and paranoia started going back inside my system too. “Why am I tied? Rose, he’s here. He’s here. I saw him. I’m not lying.” I tried to move but Rosalie placed a hand above my shoulders to calm me down.

“Nothing’s gonna happen to you, Katherine.” She cooed but I knew and felt the trouble in her eyes. “I’m here..”

“Aunt Jenna.. He might hurt-“

Rosalie shook her head stopping me before leaning in and whispering, “We’ll take care of him..”

“Oh! Katherine!”

Rosalie stood up from my side and walked on one side of the room as Aunt Jenna started smothering above me asking me questions that made my already blurry head whirl. I can’t answer her. I can’t tell her that the man I saw, the man who killed my parents, can kill the whole battalion of police that are currently rounding Forks, Washington within 30 seconds.

But she seemed to have taken my silence as shock.

Carlisle must have noticed that my sedation hasn’t completely gone and asked Aunt Jenna and Rosalie out of the room leaving me alone and scared until the window opened and a certain bronze haired boy entered the room with a gloomy face etched on his face.

“Why are you here?” I croaked my eyes drooping but I forced to open them. “Bella-“

Edward shook his head, “She’s back to her singer.” He said before pulling a chair to sit beside me. “Sleep..”

I shook my head, “Why am I tied?”

“You were dreaming and fighting off anyone who touched you before..”

I sighed due to tiredness, “Oh.”

I heard Edward smirk and I opened my eyes again, “Don’t mind me..” He frowned seeing that I had opened my eyes again. “Sleep.”

“I- I- I can’t..” And fighting off sedation is very hard but the fear that maybe that man is going to get me seemed to make it a bit easy. “I- I- I’m scared.. Aunt Jenna-“

“She’ll be fine..”

I tried to move and Edward stared at me cautiously. “Please, please remove this.. I’m scared.. I don’t want to be tied down like this.. Please..” I pleaded and Edward sighed before fishing his phone from his pocket and after just a minute, Carlisle entered the room with an apologetic smile on his face.

“How are you, Katherine?” he asked.

I tried to roll my eyes but I had my eyelids drooping instead. “Should you ask? You’re the one who sedated me.”

The blonde vampire smiled amused before removing the cloth holding me down on the bed. “Sleep well.” He said but Edward shook his head.

“She’s fighting it off.” He informed Carlisle and I scowled at him knowing full well what is going to happen next. “You should give her a higher-“

I almost sat up but was very weak to do so, “No.” I wheezed and had caught Carlisle’s hand just before he can adjust the meter above my head. “I’ll sleep. Please.”

My eyes closed and I heard a faint clicking of the door. After a few seconds, I tried to open my eyes again. “I thought you’re going to sleep?” Edward asked sternly and I craned my neck and stared at him- taking and remembering how beautiful he looks; from the crown of his shiny bronze hair to his long neck.. “Katherine?”

If his perfection is going to be my last memory even before that man can get me, I’d gladly die.

“Edward..” I whispered and he leaned in like a human would when they’re about to hear a secret. “Lay down beside me.. Please..”

He moved my body slightly to the side so he could fit to the space beside me. I smiled slightly and moved to rest my head on his chest and my not so needle free arm just above his torso. “Something is bothering you, Edward..” I sighed remembering the very troubled look his eyes had.

“Just sleep, Katherine..” he whispered and I felt his hand playing with a strand of my hair. “Nothing’s going to happen to you.. I’ll make sure of it.. Please, rest..”

I grumbled, “I was not tired. There was no need to sedate me like some wild bear.”

He snorted, “Really..”

“Fine.” I yawned and closed my eyes. “If you’re not here when I wake up, I’ll make sure Rosalie would skin you alive.”

“Fascinating.” Sarcasm laced Edward’s tone but I knew that he’s smiling. “Sleep.”

|Edward Cullen|

What are we?

Everything is silent, my head void of any intruding thoughts, as I stared at the calm Katherine laying her head on top of my chest. What are we, Katherine? You never told me you like me, you never showed emotions around me, but why did you want to sleep like this next to me?

My fingers played idly with her soft tresses as her scent engulfed me once again.

The urge was not there anymore. Her scent was not like Bella’s which became my brand of heroin, no. Katherine’s scent was more of incense- a scent of calmness in a world full of monstrosity.

But, what are we Katherine? Why do you have to confuse me this way? You acted as if our absence was fine for you the past few weeks but you jumped in the first opportunity to be near me the first time you see me again. But you looked so innocent hiding everything that I can’t even comprehend what’s real or not.

What do you feel, Katherine?

“Mom-“ She twitched and I wrapped my arms around her. “Love you..” her tense body calmed and snuggled in comfortably.

A smile found its way on my lips as a realization dawned unto me; maybe I am her personal brand of incense too. Maybe, just maybe, we have the same effect on each other; her, on my raging angst and me, on her painful memories.

But, I can’t pull her into my world just like I did with Bella’s. I don’t want to ruin this for her. She deserves to live a normal, happy life. “Goodnight..”

|Katherine Forbes|

“Katherine..”

My eyes popped open but the first thing I thought of was how I was so screwed for sleeping next to Edward when Aunt Jenna would come in checking on me always. But, as my senses came back travelling back to my body, I realized that it’s morning and there’s no Edward beside me.

“You can come home..” Aunt Jenna trailed off and I carefully sat up. “I’ll just arrange your discharge papers..” she smiled and I nodded happy that there are no more tubes attached to my arms.

I looked around the grayish room and noticed the note laying on the table beside my bed, my hands reached and snatched it away reading the note that Edward left saying that he’ll be out hunting for an hour. My mouth stretched into a smile.

Oh well.

After stretching, I stood from the bed and went to the bathroom to do the ‘morning rituals’ of washing my face and gargling. It’s funny how we do so much effort to look good in the mornings but today is not that day for me- today is the day that I’ll brace Forks, Washington without a shower.

“Aunt Jenna?” I called out when I heard a soft thud from outside the bathroom. “I’m in here. I’ll be out in a few.”

I don’t want her barging in unto me stark naked while I change out of my hospital gown. I sighed as I pulled my shirt above my head finally and faced the mirror just to see how awful my hair looked- like it was slept on by a bunch of raccoons.

A soft knock sounded from the door and I hastily tried to comb my hair with my fingers.

“Just a minute, Aunt Jenna!” I called out before unlocking the door and grabbing my things and I developed that I had a brush on my bag. My head chanted ‘stupid’ multiple times as I stuffed some things into my bag.

I stopped dead when I looked up and I tried to give out a scream but failed as air rushed out of me. In a few seconds, I was out of the hospital-

-in a fast speed-

-with my stomach pressed on cold shoulders.

The fear swallowed me whole and I was gasping for air as the realization that I’m going to die rushed through my head quickly like a bullet. The man carrying me killed my family and now- he has come back for me.

And I am sure that he would end what he had started.