Status: Oh yes. Trying to update everyday is a bit hard since my brain is malfunctioning at the moment due to a break up. So, bear with me. :)

The Lost Angel

Awaken

Maybe I was not meant to be saved all along.

Maybe I was fated to die the night my family did but mama intervened with fate to make me last for a few more months to live. Maybe, just maybe, death was the best for me.

It was like waking up in another world- a dream of sorts where I know that I’m dreaming and yet I can control my dreams and hear voices but still be alone no matter how hard I try to find someone.

*Katherine..*

Another voice again and I looked around me. Trees- very tall ones.

*Katherine.. Wake up.. Please..*

I felt good. I can’t feel the pain that man caused me. I’m alive. I’m more alive than ever but as I walked deeper and deeper into the forest, the more lost I felt. And the more lost I feel, the more I stop and give up looking.

It had been days, months even, but I can’t count the time I spend here in my dream. The days and nights are short that I can spend days not sleeping- just walking around- searching. But, as time progressed, I don’t even know what I was looking for.

All I know are voices calling me and pleading for me to wake up.

I heard them all the time but at times that I don’t, those were the times that the silence would consume me and I would stop and think and imagine that my family is here. But they never came. It was all just voices of those people I left behind.

But I don’t have the will to go back or maybe I don’t know how to go back.

*Katherine..*

I lost all hope when I heard that broken voice. I stood up from the rock I was sitting up and looked up at the sky. “Edward?” I called out for the first time ever since I dreamt.

*Katherine, wake up.. It’s been months.. Please..*

“What?” I asked aghast not feeling the months pass by. “Months?”

*Jenna’s going to pull the respirator off if you don’t wake, Katherine. Please.*

I’m alive?

*We can’t lose you.. Rosalie can’t..*

I held up my hand in front of my face and stared at it as I felt sparks tingling in it- just like how it used to when Edward touched it. I smiled.

*I can’t lose you too.* he whispered and I jumped down from the rock looking around. *Please, Katherine.*

“Don’t stop talking..” I said walking over to my left where I thought his voice would have sourced from. “Please.. Where are you?”

*Do you know, the first time I saw you-*

I waded through the trees listening intently to Edward’s voice as it drew closer and closer.

*-I thought that I would never be able to contain myself, Katherine. I thought that if I sit beside you during that first time I saw you, I wouldn’t be able to let you go.*

“Keep talking.” I said standing at the edge of a cliff and below is a raging sea. “Please, speak.” I begged wanting the confirmation that this is where his voice is the loudest- where I could reach him.

*I was away for you for a week but I was watching you from afar thinking not of how you smelt good but I kept on thinking on how beautiful and mesmerizing you are, on how kind and compassionate, observant- I can keep on going forever, Katherine. Please..*

I looked at the far distance, “I don’t want to go, Edward.”

*Stay..*

“I will..” I whispered and looked down on the sea.

*Wake up..*

“I will..”

I turned around and closed my eyes and felt the cold wind brush my face.

*Don’t go.*

“I won’t.”

I crossed my arms above my chest and took a little step backward towards the cliff.

*I can’t lose you.*

“You won’t, Edward.”

*I love you.*

“I love you too.”

I leaned back and free fell towards the cold raging sea.

|EDWARD CULLEN|
`BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP’

“Katherine?”

Shock overwhelmed my stature when her still strong heart stopped so suddenly that nobody had expected it- even Carlisle.

“Katherine!”

Carlisle was suddenly beside me. “What happened?!” he asked frantic and in shock since not five minutes had passed since he checked on her- and she’s perfectly normal. “Nurses on ICU unit 3, immediately. Nurses on ICU unit 3, immediately.” He called on the emergency button above Katherine’s head.

“Get out, Edward. Now.”

The stubborn monster appeared, “No.”

“NOW!” he said loudly and firmly that I nodded and quickly jumped out of her window to make it seem like I was not there.

I ran towards home as if hell was hot on my heels and when I barged in right on the door, Rosalie was that first one to face me and behind her was the rest of the family with grieving faces.

“Was it real? The vision? Was it real?” Rosalie’s voice was frantic- a woman on the verge of insanity. “Edward!”

I pushed her away lightly but she quickly held on both of my arms. “She’s dead!” I finally choked out. “She might be dead.” And the pain of saying it out loud was unbelievable.

I love her and I realized it when she was on her death bed.

“Might?!” Rosalie shrieked in confusion but she crashed down on the floor, sobbing. “She can’t be dead. No, I won’t allow it-“

“You’re not changing her, Rose!”

She looked up at me, “She’s the only one I have left!”

“She doesn’t want this life!”

“Stop it!” Alice screeched and we both looked at her. “She’s a child, Rose. We can’t damn her in this life!”

Rosalie was in front of Alice in a split second and Jasper quickly pulled Alice behind him snarling- Emmett pulled Rosalie in his arms and growled back at Jasper. “Stop it! Calm down! All of you!” Esme screeched getting in between of the four. “She’s going to live. Believe in your father!”

“I’m going to kill that son of a bitch! I’ll track him down if I have to!” Rosalie screamed referring to the man or murderer we now know named as Stephen de Gravin.

Emmett held Rosalie tightly, “Rose..”

“Get away from me!” Rosalie pushed Emmett away and running to her room- her mind bent on finding the man that did this to her niece- Emmett followed her sure that he’ll help her no matter what as the thought how Katherine had grown on him.

If I wasn’t guarding Katherine 90% of my time, I wouldn’t hesitate finding the man too.

Alice and Jasper followed suit to her room- Alice having the vision that they will find the man. But, their course of action is still unknown.

The silence was broken when my phone rang- I quickly answered it. “Carlisle..”

“She’s alive and awake.” He said calmly though the trouble in his voice never left.

“What’s wrong?” I asked quickly knowing that there’s more than the good news.

He sighed, “She’s not talking. I tried but she won’t. She just kept on staring at me.”

“It must have been the trauma?” I hoped.

“Maybe.. Or shock. You must come here, Edward. Try and talk to her.”

“On my way.”