Status: Oh yes. Trying to update everyday is a bit hard since my brain is malfunctioning at the moment due to a break up. So, bear with me. :)

The Lost Angel

Dinner

“I’m really sorry I forgot to tell you..”

This is the 5th time Aunt Jenna glanced at me and apologized. I am currently fidgeting with the hem of my white sundress beside her and I sighed.

“It’s fine. No big deal.”

We are currently on our way to the Cullen household and I tried on acting sick a while ago but my conscience got the better of me- thus, I have no other choice. I am dressed in a white sundress and black cardigan above it and since it’s just drizzling, my shoes are black ballet flats.

As we drove in deeper into the forest after our turn, I began feeling dread in my stomach. “Maybe we’re lost?” I asked Aunt Jenna with the hopeful tone in it partially hidden.

Aunt Jenna laughed, “Well, their turn is hard to find.” She said but there’s a tinge of fear in it as if she thinks we’re lost too. “Oh, look! It’s Doc’s adopted son- Emmett, I think his name is.” She brightened up and I looked at the dashboard just to see a bulky man who probably spends a lot of time in gym standing beside a white Jeep.

The man- Emmett smiled a huge childish smile when we stopped by beside him and Aunt Jenna rolled down my window. “We thought you bailed out!” He boomed playfully and Aunt Jenna giggled replying a ‘never’ back.

“Hi!” Emmett greeted noticing me staring at him but his face suddenly became slightly curious- but he quickly snapped out of it. “Let’s save the introductions for later, shall we?”

And, he guided us through the tree maze.

It took five minutes for us to reach their house which is very beautiful, my mouth opened. “Esme, doc’s wife, is an interior designer slash renovator.”

Our car stopped by their front door and I debated whether I should bail out or not as my stomach started twisting since all the members of the family including a blonde male and female stood by the doorway.

“Let’s go!” Aunt Jenna called me out of my internal debate as she almost excitedly went out of the car.

I slowly got out of the car and stood beside it while watching Aunt Jenna be welcomed by the beautiful family. But, it didn’t take a minute before Alice and Nessie skipped my way and wrapped their cold arms on both of mine giggling as they pulled me inside the house.

“Is this your famous niece?” A caramel haired woman with a heart shaped face and beautiful eyebrows and beautiful- ok, everything about her is beautiful- gushed as Alice closed the door behind her.

I blushed bright red as she stepped in front of me and engulfed me in a hug. “Welcome to our home. I’m Esme.” She said after pulling away.

“Thank you and nice to meet you.” I squeaked and Aunt Jenna stepped beside me giggling.

“She’s a bit shy.” She informed them and I fought the urge to rib her.

A blonde man who looked a tad bit older than the rest but still beautiful came beside Esme and wrapped his arm around her waist- I think he’s Carlisle. “Hello, Katerina.”

“Katherine.” Bubbly Alice chirped from beside another blonde man.

“Sorry.” Carlisle smiled, “Katherine. I’m Carlisle.”

I smiled at Carlisle and then I noticed that they all have golden eyes- except Edward who I can remember, have black coal eyes. The man from before, Emmett, stepped in front of me with a huge smile on his face.

“Don’t you look a bit like..” he started and I tilted my head a bit to the side trying to figure out who. “Rose..”

After he said the name Rose, the blonde beautiful woman who would have slapped the models of Victoria’s Angels silly with her perfect face and body reappeared by the doorway with a slight smile yet still snobbish look on her face. She stepped beside Emmett and stared at me too.

Her stare quickly turned into shock but she quickly recomposed it. I felt confused.

The introductions went on and I met Jasper who Alice pushed to me for introductions but I can’t shrug off the feeling that Rose and Emmett are both staring at me.

“No, impossible.” Edward Cullen, who had been quiet the whole time, spoke so suddenly and all of us looked at him. “Sorry.” He mumbled with embarrassment lacing his tone and I still stared at him curiously, was he talking to someone? “Just talking to myself.” He continued as if answering my question before going out of the room.

At the dining table, the family is now all staring at me as if I’m some scientific specimen and if it wasn’t for Carlisle, I would have asked for a microscope.

“So, where were you from again?” Carlisle asked.

“New York.” I answered meekly still shy to talk too much. “Rochester, New York.” I completed and Rosalie, who looked disgusted eating the food in front of her, choked before looking at me- shocked.

After eating, I stood on their porch, leaning on the railings and looking at the tall trees around the Cullen household aimlessly. “I’m shocked you came.”

“Jesus!” I screeched and my heartbeat pounded on my ribcage for that split second. “Edward!” I breathed a sigh of relief when I turned around and faced him. “You scared me!” I scolded him while rubbing my hand above my chest where my heart is beating frantically.

He smirked, “Not my fault if you’re such a scaredy cat.”

My eyes narrowed at him and I can’t help but study his features carefully. He’s handsome- very much so- with his bronze hair tousled perfectly as if he got out of bed with it that way, his face is perfect and angular with high cheekbones, strong jawline, straight nose and full lips.

Edward cleared his throat and I quickly turned around with my face crimson from embarrassment. “So, I thought you would bail out.”

I laughed a little, “Just what your brother told us a while ago.”

He smiled, “Well, we are brothers though not blood related.” He leaned his back on the spot next to mine and I shrugged. “Aren’t you curious?” he suddenly asked.

I gave him a confused look, “Why should I?”

His coal black eyes bore into my gray ones with his brow furrowed. “Nothing. It’s nothing.”

I looked back at the trees and sighed, “Well, I noticed that your eyes are different from the others.. Maybe when Carlisle adopts someone, he has certain specifications like they should have golden eyes and should be drop dead, god-like gorgeous.” I recited thoughtfully.

Edward gave a hearty laugh- almost sarcastic. “Maybe.” He said mysteriously and I glanced at him before shrugging off his actions. “Rose likes you.”

“And Emmett, and Alice, and Nessie, and Esme, and-“

“All of my family does then.” He cut me off.

I looked at him sideways, “Except you?”

He looked at me too and I can’t help but feel a connection between us. “I don’t dislike you. I’m just not..” he trailed off before looking away. “It’s hard to be near you, you know. You being the talk of the town and boys at school practically drooling just at your sight.” He countered and he seemed agitated about thinking those things.

“What are you implying, Mr. I’m-a-jerk-because-my-hair-looks-good?” I asked and he laughed, the tension from his face disappearing.

“Nothing.” He said and I let it slip. “You should be proud Rose likes you. She doesn’t really like mingling with other people outside our family.”

I pursed my lips before commenting, “So does a lot of people say.”

He looked at me and smiled, “Well, some rumors must be right then.”

“Maybe.”

“I kind of researched about you..” He suddenly said and I bit my lip already knowing what he found out. “Was it true?” he asked cautious.

I stared at the blossoming flower at the bottom of the tree in front of me and sighed, “Wouldn’t be in the news if it wasn’t, right?”

My eyes strayed towards Edward who suddenly had a pained look on his face. “I’m sorry for asking.” He whispered before walking back inside the house.

I stood at their porch for the rest of the night until aunt Jenna told me that it’s time to go. The pain inside my chest and scars made it difficult to even smile as I bid farewell to the Cullen family hence Edward who’s not there. When we got home, I went straight to my room with no other words spoken to Aunt Jenna who probably sensed that I wasn’t in the mood.

That night, the pain reopened and I knew the screams would be heard again.