Status: May the odds be ever in your flavor.

Flavor of the Week

Georgia Lewis

Georgia just sat in her room and let out a long breath, playing with the sleeves of her sweater as she looked out the window into the sunny blue sky. She already hated this place and wanted nothing more than to run home and leave for Paris, but she couldn’t. She let out another long sigh and sat back on her bed.

Zayn and Hannah still weren’t back from their date, and Juliette had gone for a walk, so it was just Georgia. She bit her bottom lip and leaned over, reaching down for her sketchpad, her fingers itching to draw something, anything so she could get her mind off how she’d completely ruined her chances with Louis. But as her fingers hit where the large book should be they simply found air.

Georgia’s eyes flew open as she looked down, but it was gone. She groaned as she remembered she’d left it at Louis’ cabin. She’d been in such a damn rush to get away from the bright eyed boy she’d left it sitting by her bed. She pressed her lips together, knowing if she wanted to miss Louis she was going to have to be fast. She all but ran over to his cabin, knocking frantically on the door. She knew she must have looked like a mad woman as the door was opened by a knockout blonde with massive blue eyes.

“Yes?”

“Um, I left my sketchbook here.” Georgia said awkwardly, finally feeling like her character for the first time since she’d gotten here. “Can I come in and get it?”

“Of course, come in.” The blonde said, opening the door and letting Georgia scamper inside. She made her way over to the rooms, but it wasn’t there. She bit her lip, feeling tears sting her eyes at the thought of her most prized possession being gone. She looked under the beds, in the closet, everywhere, but the massive pad of paper was nowhere to be found. “You said it was a sketchpad?” The blonde asked, having just looked behind the dresser.

“A sketchpad?” Both girls turned to see a shorter brunette in the doorway, her dark hair accented with blonde streaks. “I saw a sketchpad in Louis’ room earlier, is it really big?” Georgia nodded as she leapt up, running into Louis room and stopping as she saw it.

Her sketchpad was sitting by his bed, and on his dresser was the picture she’d drawn of him, all unwrinkled and straightened out. Georgia choked out a laugh, a sad smile on her face as she grabbed her sketchbook, feeling like maybe she hadn’t screwed things up as bad as she thought. Maybe she could talk to Louis and try to, without giving herself away, explain why she didn’t let him kiss her. Her hopes were at an all time high as she opened the front door on her way back to Zayn’s cabin, but then they came crashing back down.

Louis was walking with his date, Ava, his arm locked around her waist as she rested her head on his shoulder. The two of them were laughing and smiling like they’d known each other for years and Louis wiped a paint smudge off her skin. Georgia simply put her head down, trying to keep her tears back as she hurried down the stairs and prayed they’d be silent. However a loud squeak alerted Louis and Ava they weren’t alone, and before Georgia could just run away Louis was talking to her, those damn blue eyes locked on her.

“Georgia…?” He whispered. “What are you doing here?”

“I just forgot this.” She muttered, clutching her sketchpad closer and trying to run away so she wouldn’t have to see him, see how happy he was and how quickly he’d forgotten her. But a strong hand was soon on her shoulder, keeping her still as Georgia heard the door close and assumed Ava had gone inside.

“Georgia, I…” He stopped, obviously not knowing what to say. Georgia tried to pull her shoulder away so she could just end this entire, humiliating experience, but he wouldn’t let go. “I thought you didn’t, you know.”

She turned to him, letting him see how foolishly broken up she was after only knowing him for such a short time. “Look, just go back to Ava and we’ll both forget any of this ever happened.”

“What if I don’t want to forget?” He asked.

“Well I do.” She whispered, going to wipe away one of her tears that had slipped over onto her cheek, but Louis’ hand beat her to it. “Please, just… just don’t talk to me anymore.” She pleaded, not caring if she was breaking character by being so assertive.

“So that’s it then?” He asked, his eyes sad. “You’re just going to give up?”

“Yeah, because it looks like you already did.” With that she pulled away from his hand, turning to go back to Zayn’s cabins as Louis stayed put, running one of his hands through his hair.

Half of Georgia hoped that he’d just send her home so she wouldn’t have to deal with this. She’d raise the money herself to go to Paris, she didn’t want her parents help if it meant she had to stay here. She just kept her head down, trying to get back to Zayn’s cabin as fast as she could when she slammed into someone and fell back on her ass, the back of her head slamming against the ground.

Letting out a small grumble of pain she opened her eyes to see the clouds floating lazily above her before her gaze hit a pair of blue eyes. She tried to shove the person away, thinking Louis had come back and not really wanting to deal with him a moment longer. But a hand gripped hers gently, and Irish accent soon meeting her ears.

“Whoa there, are ya alright?” She looked over to see the blonde boy who’d picked the teams, remembering his name was Niall or Neal or something like that. She simply nodded, sitting up to try and leave, but the boy wasn’t going to let her get away so easily. “Hey now, it looks like ya hit yer head pretty bad, do you want me ta walk ya back?” She shook her head and watched as his eyes narrowed at the object she was clutching to her chest. “Oh, so you’re the artist?”

Georgia cocked her head to one side as the boy helped her up, tapping on the cardboard cover. “I saw the picture you did of Lou, it was all crumpled up in the grass. I figured something that beautiful shouldn’t be left out like that, so I straightened it out tha best I could and left it in his cabin.”

“Thank you.” She muttered, realizing her hopes of Louis actually liking her sounded borderline ridiculous now. This kid had just probably seen the paper and wanted to make sure Louis knew he had a possible stalker. So Georgia just put her head back down, trying to walk away again as she felt her damn tears building, but this kid refused to just leave her alone.

“Are you crying?” He whispered, turning her to face him. “What happened? Was it something I said?” She just shook her head, pulling away from him and running back to Zayn’s cabin without so much as looking back at the blonde boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dear, will Georgie ever be happy?
The beautiful and talented Katie is up next
So you know it's going to be perfection!

oxoxo