Status: May the odds be ever in your flavor.

Flavor of the Week

Rory Thomas

Searching through her make-up bag, Rory started putting on the pounds of make-up that she’d worn every day since filming started. Zoey, her roommate until the new groups were announced, was lying on the bed next to her, going on and on about the elimination. As Rory picked up her lip gloss, she turned to the girl on the bed.

“Hey, you wanna get some screen time?” She asked, the tube of goop held gingerly between two fingers.

“What do you have in mind?” Zoey asked as she sat up, suddenly very interested.

“Just a little girl fight,” Rory whispered with an evil glint. “I’ll say you stole my lip gloss and we’ll basically turn it into a physical fight.”

“I like how you think,” Zoey replied before snatching the lip gloss from Rory’s hand and moving towards the door.

The girl nodded as she turned the knob, and propped the door open.

“I swear to fucking God, it’s not your lip gloss,” she shouted sounding frustrated.

“You bitch it’s not even in your color!” Rory yelled as she lunged at the girl trying not to laugh.

“Well, it’s not in yours either!” Holding the tube back she moved further into the common area of their wing where camera men eagerly caught the footage.

“Give it back.”

“Make me,” Zoey snapped and suddenly Rory’s hand was grabbing for her wrist. The two pushed and pulled at each other, Zoey acting like she wanted to get away and Rory trying to get the lip gloss from her hand. It was pretty comical as they pretended to pull each other’s hair and clothes, trying to get a rise out of each other so the that the fight would look real.

“You whore,” Rory spat as she pulled on Zoey’s hair careful not to hurt the girl, but still making it look serious as Niall walked into the room.

“Fuck off you slut,” Zoey screamed pushing Rory back so the two fell.

“What’s going on here?” Niall shouted as the two wrestled around on the carpeting.

“She stole my lip gloss,” Rory accused once again reaching for the tube of goop ‘causing Zoey to lean back with her arm outstretched to keep it from Rory’s reach. “And refuses to give it back.”

“I told you it’s mine, bitch.”

A scream of frustration fell through Rory’s lips as they continued to fight over the tiny object. The camera’s zoomed in as Zoey’s shirt started to ride up and Rory’s skirt slid down. Niall hurried over to the fighting girls, trying to pull them apart.

“Ladies, it’s just lip gloss!” He tried to pry them apart but the two were tightly wound together in their fight.

Finally the two stopped to look at the handsome blond boy. Rory blushed and tried her best to look embarrassed by what had happened, while Zoey smugly cocked an eyebrow and looked down at the lip gloss. Suddenly the girl let out a little laugh.

“Oh, oops,” she said looking over to Rory and handing her the tube of goop. “Looks like it really was yours.”

Pursing her lips Rory looked away from the girl, but gave her a wink as she did so. The stupidity of the fight was sure to get them screen time when the show aired and once the two were back in their room alone they quietly giggled. It had actually been a lot of fun to fake fight and Rory was starting to think it would be interesting to create a bunch of fake arguments and turn the show into a real train wreck. At least it would guarantee viewers.

“Oh, my god, did you see the look on his face?” Zoey asked as she pushed her hair away from her face. “It was priceless and the producers loved it!”

“Good, I sort of pissed one of them off and needed to get back in their good graces,” Rory replied as she plopped down beside the girl on one of the beds. “This should happen more often. Like we should try to make this show worse than Jersey Shore.”

“If we can create that level of drama, the viewership will be out of this world,” Zoey said with a laugh, “Hell we might not even need to win the show to be guaranteed jobs after this!”

“Good,” Rory stated as she lie down, her brown hair still in its ultra-high style and make-up just slightly faded and smeared. “I’m seriously sick of doing commercials.”

“You and me both, Honey. You and me both.”

As the two looked up at the ceiling, Rory wondered if this show really was her ticket to success or if it would just lead to a bad reputation in the industry. She felt bad about deceiving the boys, but she needed the break. She needed the money and this was her chance. If she could just win and get the starring role in a major picture, she knew she’d be set for life and that what she wanted. Stability. Breaking a few hearts to get that seemed worth it, but as she thought of the sweet blond boy that had started to grow on her something in the pit of her stomach told her it wasn’t. It told her that what she was doing, was wrong and she didn’t like it.

If it weren’t for the contract Rory wondered if she would still be there, or if she would have already slipped and told the boys. Deciding not to dwell on it, she got up and moved to her bed. It had been a long day and she was ready for the next challenge. She really just wanted to know what boy would have her for the next round. She wondered if she’d get to stay with Niall for another few days or if she’d be traded to another team. Part of her wanted to stay with the wonderful Irish lad, but another part wanted to be switched. Getting close to the boys only made it harder to keep the charade going and as she grabbed the brush on the bed side table she hoped she’d be able to keep the act up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry for the wait!

Tell us what you're thinking of the story so far!

xoxo. Maddi's next and she's just fantastic so you know it'll be awesome!