Status: May the odds be ever in your flavor.

Flavor of the Week

Rory Thomas

Rory stood before a mirror putting on a coat of light pink lipstick that was two shades below her skin tone. It made it look like she had gone tanning before coming to the show, but in reality, Rory had never set foot in a tanning salon. Her natural olive skin tone was perfect for her role. She was supposed to be the obnoxious one. As she put down the tube of lipstick, she looked at her bumped hair and the outfit she wore.

A leopard print bustier that ended a few inches above her belly button with a cropped short sleeved jean jacket that had a design of a pyramid on the back, and a pair of tiny black bedazzled shorts. She felt like a version of Nikki Minaj minus the neon. Maybe it was because of the heavy fake lashes.

Slipping on her wedge heels, Rory hurried to the lobby where the girls who had won the date challenge were supposed to meet. Looking around at the other girls, her outfit seemed out of place. It looked more Jersey Shore than dating show, but that was the point. She was supposed to be loud and completely full of herself. Putting on her mask, she hoped the quiet, modest real Rory wouldn’t peek out from behind her obnoxious cover.

“You ready for this?” the girl beside her asked. “It’s like a test.”

“Honey, I was born ready,” Rory said replying in character, before giving a little laugh. “Just stay in character, right?”

The two nodded just before Jay walked in with the boys. A smirk made its way onto Rory’s lips before Jay started talking.

“Alright Ladies, I hope you’re all ready for a movie,” Jay said, “Grab your boy and we’ll be on our way.”

Walking over to Niall, she made sure to swing her hips a little more than usual. Even in her four inch heels, she was still shorter than the blond boy and she liked that. Snaking her arm around his, she gave the boy her brightest smile.

“Hey,” she said.

“You look nice,” he commented his blue eyes traveling across her exposed skin.

“I know,” she replied, trying her best to be as narcissistic as possible.

Flipping her hair with her free hand, she followed Jay and the rest of the couples out to a car that took them to a nice little restaurant. A screen was set up in the dining area with five tables waiting for the couples. Rory smiled as Niall took a seat, she didn’t care that it was dinner date type thing or that she didn’t even know the boy, her job was to be obnoxious.

“What movie are we watching?” she shouted, “And do we get drinks?”

Niall chuckled a bit, clearly he thought she was joking. Taking her seat she moved the chair closer to him, before messing with her top to get the best cleavage. She wondered if her inspirations would be proud of the monster she’d created. Her idea of obnoxious had been Snookie, J-Wow and Nikki Minaj, molding the three together she hoped she’d found the perfect mix.

“So, what do you think of this so far?” Niall asked trying to be polite it seemed as he tried to keep his eyes on her face.

“I think it’s alright, I mean the place could be a little nicer, you know,” she started as she looked around the little dining area. She wanted to pull off the annoying thing in her obnoxious act. “Like candles and flowers would have been a nice touch, but I guess this is pretty.”

Niall shook his head, “I meant about being on the show.”

“Oh,” she said drawing out the sound for a second. “Yeah, it’s fun and you guys all seem nice.”

“Thanks,” he replied as the movie started.

Rory smiled as she noticed it was something she’d seen. Something Borrowed was a total chick flick and as the group ate and watched the movie, Rory was sure to add her commentary. By the time they were back at the house, she was already sick of her own voice and she knew she’d have to keep it up for a few more hours until it was time for bed.

“I still think she should have ended up with the friend,” Rory said as she chatted with one of the girls about the movie. “He was a much better choice than the cheating bastard.”

Noticing Niall shoot another boy a look, she smiled at him and moved a little closer.

“So, cutie,” she started leaning in to whisper. “How you doing?”

“I’m a little tired actually,” he said.

“Awe, we’ll have to get you into bed then, won’t we?” Rory replied a smirk on her lips as they brushed against the boy’s ear. She couldn’t believe she’d said it, but it was part of being her character. She talked without thinking.

As she pulled away, she saw a blush running across the Irish lads face. She knew she had hit a good mark. At the very least she knew the cute blond boy was attracted to her despite her horrible character.

“I think we will,” he replied as his eyes trailed down to her bustier.

Smiling, she tugged on his wrist and led him towards their wing. A few girls glared as they passed, but she didn’t care, she couldn’t. Her character wouldn’t even notice them. His arm wrapped around her waist as they walked into their wing.

“I think I’ll be leaving you here,” he said even though she knew the boy didn’t want to by the look on his face.

“Alright,” she sighed, but pulled on the collar of his shirt to press her lips to his. It was simple, just a light kiss, but he was a very good kisser. Smiling as she pulled away, she met his blue eyes and whispered, “Dream of me?”

“There’s a very good chance of that,” Niall replied before stepping away from the brunette and heading back to his room.

As soon as his door shut, Rory hurried to her room to change. She couldn’t stand the outfit. Once she was in a t-shirt and yoga pants she was much more comfortable, even though the t-shirt had holes in the back and the yoga pants were a size to small. Her roommates walked in as she adjusted the t-shirt.

“I feel ridiculous,” she said as one of them closed the door.

“You look ridiculous,” the other said with a small laugh. “They have to playing a crazy part.”

“You could say that again,” Rory mumbled. “I’m not even sure I’m playing it right, I mean, am I supposed to be a stupid, slutty, narcissistic obnoxious or just do my best to be plain old obnoxious?”

“Well, either way I think you’re doing alright,” the girl said as she plopped down on a bed. “And the boy is still interested which is crazy.”

“No kidding,” Rory replied as she pulled off the fake eye-lashes. “I wanted to slap myself all night, but this boy just keeps smiling like I’m some sweet girl. I just don’t get it. I mean there were a couple moments where he looked fed up with it, but for the most part I don’t think he minded my character.”

“Well at least you know you’ll be here for a bit,” the other girl laughed. “Can we please just win this elimination challenge? ‘Cause I need a little more screen time.”

The girls laughed and kept their conversation at whisper level, they didn’t know how thin the walls were and they really didn’t want to deal with Niall overhearing them. That would be disastrous. It seemed everyone agreed though, winning the challenge was important to them all staying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, I'm Paige and I'll be writing for Rory. Is she obnoxious enough?

Let us know what you think!

xoxo