Family Moments

10

Jack smiled as he floated up behind an unsuspecting Jade, careful not to give himself away.

She was in the kitchen having a late lunch after spending her morning helping North out with painting toys, and was much too tired to notice the winter spirit’s approach.

When said spirit floated up to hang upside-down in front of her face, Jade nearly choked on the bagel she was eating in surprise.

Jack chuckled at her thoroughly startled, and admittedly adorable, expression.

“Sorry, it’s been a while.” He apologized, pecking the girl’s nose.

A smile bloomed, and Jade pecked him on the cheek in return.

“And to think I almost missed it.” She teased, pupils wide and warm like embers.

That warmth filled his chest in return, and the frost-boy took her face tenderly in his hands, staff tucked safely in an elbow as he went in for a proper kiss.

Cold and heat met in a flash of steam and sparks, a jolt of electricity down their spines, and her hands came up to run through his hair.

Separating for air, Jade quirked a brow at Jack’s extremely pleased smirk as he righted himself, crouching on the counter.

“Oh, nothing.” The winter spirit assured, smug. “Just thinking about how irresistible I-”

Jade cut him off with another kiss, but he could not find it in himself to be that upset over it.

She’d come around eventually.