Bad Mother

four

"Okay, I just need to go pee. Get her stuff ready and I'll be taking her!" I told Lizzy, as I walked down the hall to the bathroom. "Okay, c'mon Maria. Let's go get your clothes!" Lizzy told Maria. I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. "Lex, she isn't abusing Maria. She's being a good mother, she isn't doing anything that she's not supposed to. Micheal doesn't have bruises, and neither does Maria. I'm just imaginging stuff. Yeah, that's it." I told myself. Something wasn't right, and I knew it. I couldn't hide the fact that Lizzy, or someone else, was beating an innocent child. I heard something fall and heard Lizzy say "Pick it up you little brat!" followed by loud crying. I ran out of the bathroom just in time to see Lizzy throw Maria on the ground and hit her repeatedly. Micheal was crying and trying to get his sister away from his mom, and Maria was too scared to make a sound. "I freaking HATE you, Maria! All I want you to do is die! You stupid, ugly, thing!" Lizzy screamed at Maria, kicking her and pulling her hair. "Lizzy stop!" I screamed, pushing her off of Maria, "You monster! How could you do that to a baby?! An innocent CHILD?! I don't believe this! You need to stop, RIGHT now!"
"Lex, I'm sorry! I can't do this anymore! I don't want Maria!" Lizzy pleaded. Micheal was still by his sister, holding her hand. It brought tears to my eyes that he stayed with his sister, even when his mom was beating her. "Lizzy, I don't wanna hear it. I can't believe you did this!" I screamed in her face. "You're a terrible mother for telling her that you hate her. You need help!"
"I know that! I wish I never had kids! Micheal is fine, but Maria... She looks like her dad so I beat her. I'm sorry!"
"Wow, you beat a child for something that she can't help?!" I screamed, grabbing Micheal's hand, "You won't be happy until she's dead, huh? I don't even need clothes for them. I'll find something that they can wear. C'mon my lovlies." I picked Maria's limp body up and carried both of the babies outside. "Looks like Lexx-Lexx should've got the car, huh?" I said to Micheal. I put Micheal down and called Zack.
"Hey, I was just about to text you!" Zack said, happily.
"Oh really?" I said.
"Yeah, but I just wanted to apologize for earlier... I didn't mean to upset you."
"Zack, it's fine. How fast can you drive here?"
"Drive where?"
"By Lizzy's house, the stop sign to be exact."
"About 5 minutes. We don't live far from each other. What's wrong?"
"Well, I have Micheal and Maria, and my car is at your house. I need to get Maria to the hospital."
"I'm on my way." Zack said.