Picture Perfect

Chapter One

'We’re building it up, to break it back down. We’re building it up, to burn it down.'

“Ugh.. Stupid alarm clock.” Rolling over, taking the pillow from the other side, I cover my face, drowning out the noise.

Just as the noise stops, the house phone rings. But instead of answering it, I let it go to the answering machine.

“Hey Ashley. It’s Andrew.” My eyes pop open at the sound of the voice, and immediately answer it.

“Andrew, hey.” I walk around the house, looking for my shirt. ”It’s about time you answered.” “Yeah. I was up late last night, taking my parents to the airport so they could catch their midnight flight, and I didn’t get home until 2 am. I’m sorry.”

“Hey, it’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” I smile a little. “Thanks.”

“So, why the urge to call me this early?” “Well, I just got a call from Big Time Rush’s manager, saying that they needed to book another photo-shoot.” I scream. “No freaking way! Are you serious right now?” “You know I wouldn’t lie to you, Ash.” “Oh. My. God. Andrew, I LOVE YOU!” “Yeah, I know. Everyone does.”

“So, when do I have to be in?” I walk to my closet and grab a pair of my Vans. “I want you to be here an hour before they get here, so around, 1.” I look at the clock; 9:30.

“That works.” “Okay. I’ll see you then.”

I walk to my dresser, and pull out a pair of boy shorts, and put them on, sliding my shoes on as well.

After driving through Burbank traffic, I finally pull up to the coffee shop.

I walk inside, immediately being greeted by the customers, and employees. “Hi Ashley. The usual?” “Hey Kris. Yeah, that’s fine.” “So, how have things been with the photography life?”

“It’s been amazing! Especially when you get to do a photo-shoot with celebrities every day.” “Who?” “Oh, I don’t know. A certain band with 4 hot guys, who sing, act, and dance.” “Oh my god. You’ve gotta be kidding me.” I laugh. “Nope.” She hands me my coffee.

I reach for my wallet, but she stops me. “It’s on the house.” I smile. “Thank you.”

As I walk towards one of the window seats, I accidentally bump into someone, obviously not looking where I was going. “Oh my god. I am so sorry. I didn’t mean for that to happen.”

I look at my now coffee soaked shirt. “It’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” I look up from my shirt to meet a pair of green orbs. “Hi.”

“Hey.” We stare at each other until I hear Kris cough. “Oh, sorry.” “Let me get you another coffee. It’s the least I can do for spilling coffee on you.” I shake my head, ”No, you don’t have to.” “Hey. I’m buying you a coffee, and that’s final.” I sigh in defeat. “Thank you.” “Anytime.”

“I’m Ashley, by the way.” He smiles. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Ken-” “I know who you are.” “You do?” I nod my head yes.

“Okay, then. Since we’ve officially met, do you wanna, maybe hangout, for a little bit?” I smile. “I’d love to. As long as I’m at work by 1.” “Okay.”