Status: Updates every Friday...

Only Hope Left

CDC

Hope stood there looking at the building before her as she had been stumbling across the yard toward the CDC; she squinted her eyes and tilted her head to make sure she was seeing things right the building was large, the door on the front closed. Carl reached out to her, his eyes wide at something above her shoulder.

Hope quickly turned around shoving Carl to the side as she kicked the walker down and plunged the blade in between its eyes. Blood splattered onto her hands and clothing. She pulled her arm back to strike again, but a hand had in closed hers forcing her to drop her weapon. She was pulled backward, towards the CDC. Carl was pulling her towards the door stumbling over his feet as well as hers.

That’s when Hope finally realized that the door was open; light flowed out into the yard as they quickly approached the opening. Daryl Glenn and T-Dog flagged the tail of the group protecting them from the oncoming Walkers.

Hope stood at Carl’s side the moment they go inside, gripping onto his wrist. Carl and Hope had gotten closer since she arrived, she was close to Sophia too, but she had seemed more attached to Carl. Her eyes were wide, as she took in the building, the ceiling seemed to descend into the skies; she could see what would be the sky lights, the modern twist and turns of the lobby that they had stood in, she was so absorbed with the looks of the CDC that she didn’t notice the man in the shadows pointing a gun at the group.

“Anybody infected?” the man in the shadows called out.

Rick stood his ground, he had his gun up and level, “One of our group was; he didn’t make it.”

The man began to approach the group his gun was more noticeable now, the light that was let in from the windows reflected off of it. Hope swallowed loudly standing closer beside Carl.

“Why are you here? What do you want?” his words were quick; Hope could tell that he didn’t like that they were inside his sanctuary. The place that had kept him safe all this time.

“A chance,” Rick said his voice seemed to give slightly; he lowered his gun as he did so many other members of the group.

“That’s asking an awful lot these days,” the man said as took a couple steps closer.

“I know,” his eyes scanned over the group as he stepped closer. Silently he made up his mind.

“You all submit to a blood test that’s the price of admission.”

“We can do that.” Rick said; the man lowered his gun completely.

“You got stuff to bring in, you do it now, once this door closes it stays closed.” He quickly explained, Rick then began to bark out orders as the few people he called for went out and grabbed our belongings.

The man then sealed the door, and then walked the group towards the elevator.

Hope stayed quite during the elevator ride; every now and then she would look up to make sure that Daryl was behind her, when she did, Carol would give her a questioning look in which Hope responded with a blush and swinging her head back to the elevator doors.

“Doctor’s always go around packing heat like that?” Daryl asked, it was the first time anyone had spoke since they got to the door.

“There were plenty enough lying around; I familiarized myself.” He said quickly, “But ya’ll look harmless enough.” He paused, his eyes going back and forth from Carl to Hope. “Except for you,” His eyes stopped on Carl, “I’ll have to keep my eye on you.”

Hope smiled at Carl as his eyes went back and forth from Jenner and Hope. The elevator stopped and everyone piled out, into a hall way that Jenner led us down.

Carol spoke up, “are we underground?”

“You claustrophobic?” he asked.

“A little.” She replied.

“Try not to think about it.” He told her.

The hall way slowly lead to a room, Daryl felt Hope’s small hand reach out for his own and at first he tried to recoil, but stubborn as Hope was she held on to his wrist with all the strength she could.

“Vie, Bring up the lights in the big room.” He spoke, it seemed like he was talking to someone but there seemed to be no one in the room, he turned slightly back to the group. “Welcome to zone five.” He said before turning back and continuing to the small circle of computers that were placed in the center of the room. Hope couldn’t help but noticed the red numbers on the outside of the circle.
She watched the numbers slowly countdown as the group slowly approached the circle of computers.

“Where is everybody?” Rick said, “The other doctors, the staff.”

“I’m it.” Jenner answered, “It’s just me here.”

“What about the person you were speaking with?” Lori said, “Vie?”

“Vie, say hello to our guests, tell them ‘welcome,’” Jenner said, there was a moment of silence before a computerized voice echoed through the room.

“Hello, Guests.” It said, “Welcome.”

“I’m all that’s left,” Jenner said afterwards, “I’m sorry.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I do believe that everyone can safely say they remember this episode :P I've watched it over and over in the past few days. I've been trying to get more voice into it, but.... my attempts failed. yes, this is a boring chapter, I do realize that but it's one that is of importance, you do noticed who exactly Hope leans on in the group, and (I think) her calmness when it comes to meeting strangers (even if that stranger is pointing a rather heavy duty gun in your face).

I should be able to get the next chapter out sooner :) hopefully this one will have a lot better voice :)