Status: Updates every Friday...

Only Hope Left

Smoking

Jason sat on the steps of Hershel’s farm blowing out the smoke from the cigarette he had found in Sera’s truck. She would kill him if she saw it, but he needed something to calm himself down. He breathed in his last puff and threw the butt of the cigarette onto the ground; he quickly stepped on it then kicked it away from himself. He sighed a breath of relief before grabbing his rifle from its place in between his legs.

“Maggie’s been gone a while…” a voice said behind him, he turned his head quickly to the side to see the last person he wanted to see right now.

Sera stood on the deck, just above him, her hands jammed in her back pockets her gun was set comfortably in the holster on her left leg. Jason looked up at her; she was staring off across the Greene farm; her eyes fixed on the woods Maggie disappeared into.

“You think she found them yet?” Sera asked him, she looked down at him.

Jason shrugged trying to avoid speaking to her. Slowly she descended the steps. She then walked over to the cigarette butt and stood in front of it. Jason sighed running his hands through his hair. He watched at Sera pulled back her leg and kicked up the dirt and cigarette butt onto his pant legs.

She then turned and walked towards the stable, leaving Jason on guard by himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Small chapter... I kind of wonder in the past few chapters where Jason went off to :P so I decided to bring him back. Two comments for the next chapter?