Forgotten Frerard

1.

Frank’s POV;

"Shortass!"

I rolled my eyes at the laughing coming from behind me. Dicks. I knew they hated me but Jesus, was it really because of my height? That sounded a little stupid, even for their standards.

High school wasn’t ever really anyone’s favourite place, it especially wasn’t mine. Especially when you were in your last year of school and was still the shortest guy in nearly the entire building. Thanks for giving me the short gene mother.

I slammed my locker shut and turned, though a small squeak escaped my lips at the sight of my boyfriend stood there. "Jesus you scared the shit out of me." I laughed, pushing his chest gently.

"Sorry beautiful." Gerard chuckled, grinning a little. "I heard those twats just now." He rolled his eyes. "They obviously can’t see how cute you are."

I blushed. "Hey you’re the beautiful one." Honestly, how had I gotten so lucky? "You’re making me want to kiss you." I whined, though it was quiet. We were only out to a couple friends, no one else knew and we planning to keep it that way until we left school for good.

"Sorry baby." Gerard grinned, obviously not sorry at all. "Stay at mine tonight?" He whispered after a moment.

"Would I ever decline a night with you?" I grinned. Well, I didn’t know anyone who would say no to him!

"Awesome. I’ll see you after school." He squeezed my shoulder with one last wink before disappearing off to go to his next class.

***

The rest of the day went pretty slowly, so when the bell rang to say school was over I couldn’t have been happier, of course that wasn’t anything to do with the fact I was going to be spending the night with Gerard *cough*

It wasn’t long before I’d found Gerard and we began the short walk to his house. I couldn’t wait to finish school, I hated having to hide our relationship. I couldn’t wait to walk down the street holding hands.

I watched Gerard unlocking the door, considering Mikey, Gerard’s brother, was at some club at school, probably chess, and his mum was at work as usual.

The moment we were inside and the door was closed I felt myself being pushed against it, making me giggle. "Well hello there." I grinned, sliding my arms around his neck.

"Finally alone." Gerard grinned before leaning down to press a kiss to my lips. Ugh, his kisses always drove me insane.

A gentle whimper escaped my lips as I deepened it. I wanted nothing more right then to be wrapped around him, and judging by what was pressing against me I was pretty sure he was feeling the same way.

"Bedroom." I whispered, my lips still brushing against his as I spoke.

I giggled as I felt myself being lifted up and held on, pressing kisses to Gerard’s neck whilst I was carried to his bedroom.

It was all a bit of a blur to be honest, because as soon as I’d been laid down on the bed; everything went black.

***

I placed my head down onto the school desk and sighed. Why in God’s name did I need to learn algebra? I was never going to need it, all I wanted in life was to play guitar, and I was pretty certain that didn’t involve fucking algebra.

"Frank Iero!"

My head snapped up at the sound of my teacher's irritating voice and sighed. "Yes miss?"

"To prove you’ve been listening you can give me the answer to the problem on the board,"

I glanced around at a couple people watching me and frowned before looking at the board. Yeah I could solve the problem alright.

I stood up and walked over to the board before taking the eraser, rubbing out all the numbers and letters before placing the cloth down. "Now there’s no problem to solve and our lives are a lot easier."

"Principle's office now!"

I shrugged. Hey, anything to get out of maths, right? I made my way to his office and sat on an uncomfortable chair outside, waiting for him to call me inside.

I slid my phone from my pocket to pass the time and noticed I had a text from Gerard.

’Have fun in maths, hah! X’

I smirked a little and began to reply. ’Had loads of fun in maths, sat outside principle's office. X’

’You weren’t in there long, gotta be a new record. Want me to come save you? X’

I grinned. Best boyfriend ever, yes? ’Yes please baby, see you soon. X’

He’d most likely be in the art room, which was only a corridor down so he wouldn’t be long thank God.

A minute later I stood up at the sight of him rounding the corner, though at that moment the office door opened. I took one look at the older man and grinned. "Run!" I squeaked, grabbing Gerard’s arm as I ran past, tugging him along.

We didn’t stop until we were in one of the unused classrooms a few corridors down. It was mostly used for storage and the windows were mostly blacked out so we were safe for a bit. Hopefully.

"So what did you do?" Gerard laughed.

"Wasn’t paying attention. Got caught. Solved the maths problem by rubbing it off the board." I shrugged, laughing a little.

"That’s actually genius." Gerard laughed and sat himself on one of the chairs.

"Well, what can I say?" I giggled and promptly moved myself to sit on his lap. "I am a genius!"

"Yes baby, of course you are." He teased before pulling me into a gentle kiss.

God I loved his kisses, they made my heart do crazy things. "Love you G." I whispered before kissing him back gently. I knew we shouldn’t have been kissing in school, we’d get found out and if one person saw the whole school would know within a few minutes.

Gerard broke the kiss after a moment, letting his fingers slowly stroke through my hair. "Love you too Frankie." He whispered, nuzzling into my neck.

I closed my eyes and smiled, though a moment later I felt distant, just like I’d felt before. Everything after that was a blur.

***

"Dude."

I glanced up from the sofa I was sat on, letting my eyes land on Bob. I was at his house.

"I know, I know." Bob laughed a little. "I never ask anyone to talk about anything serious but this is important." He murmured, sitting himself beside me.

"I didn’t know you were capable of serious thinking Bob." I laughed, nudging him playfully. "C’mon, what is it? Secretly think you’re gay? Killed someone?" I knew I shouldn’t have teased, Bob never spoke about anything serious.

"Shut the fuck up." He laughed, punching me in the arm a little too hard. He never had learnt his own strength. "No, I.. I kinda got a girl pregnant" He laughed a little, rubbing the back of his neck.

My stomach felt like it did a complete three sixty turn. What the hell? "Are you fucking serious?"

"Dude calm down." Bob muttered, shaking his head. "I know it’s a shock, trust me, it was a shock to me too." He sighed. "I’ve spoken to her and she’s keeping it."

"Oh my God." I whispered, swallowing harshly. "How did this happen? I mean, how old is she?"

"I met her at this club.. don’t look at me like that, we all know I have fake I.D." He murmured quietly. "She’s in her late twenties I guess, she thought I was older..."

"Bob you are completely screwed."

"Well I was." Bob smirked a little, though soon shook his head as I slapped his arm.

"Shit, how are you going to tell your parents?" I laughed a little though there was no amusement in the sound, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

"I don’t think I’m going to tell them." Bob shrugged.

"But...-"

"She doesn’t want me to have anything to do with it." He murmured. "She’s embarrassed and wants to pretend I don’t exist, and y’know what? I’m completely fine with that, I just had to get it off my chest."

"You’ll regret that when you’re older, man." I sighed before pulling him into a tight hug, which was kinda difficult considering the size and height difference.

Bob just stayed quiet as he hugged me back before pulling away slowly. "Don’t tell the others okay? Not even Gerard."

Great. "I won’t." I promised before glancing at the time. "Shit I gotta go, text me if you need someone to talk to yeah?"

We said our goodbyes before I made my way to Gerard’s, where I was definitely planning on staying the night.

***

The next few months seemed to pass with a blur, I wasn’t sure why, but it was beginning to get scary. I wanted to know why my memory was going blank. I’d thought about telling Gerard but every time I’d had the opportunity something had stopped me and I’d carried on talking about something completely different.

"I’m worried about Bob."

I jumped a little out of my thoughts and looked down at the bare chest I was leaning on. Gerard’s. I was in his bed. I didn’t remember getting there, and annoyingly I didn’t remember how we’d gotten undressed.

"Bob?" I repeated, leaning my head back into his chest. "Why?"

"Something’s bothering him." He sighed, making me shiver as his fingers stroked slowly through my hair. "He’s going out more, getting wasted, and he’s staying quiet. We all know there’s something wrong if he’s being quiet." He laughed a little.

I’d promised, hadn’t I? But how could I keep something so huge from my boyfriend? Gerard was good at advice, maybe if I told him he’d help and Bob wouldn’t get mad at me?

"Frankie?" Gerard whispered. "Now you’re being quiet."

Crap. I sat up slowly, letting the bed sheets pool at my waist. "I promised I wouldn’t say anything." I whispered, swallowing harshly. "A few months ago Bob told me.. He told me he’d gotten a girl pregnant.." I rubbed the back of my neck. "She thought he was older, and now she doesn’t want him to have anything to do with it."

"Holy Shit." Gerard sighed. "No wonder he’s messed up, poor guy."

"G you can’t say anything. I promised I wouldn’t tell."

He stayed quiet for a moment before placing his hand onto the back of my neck, pulling me down slowly. "I promise." He murmured before pulling me into a slow kiss.

My heart skipped as I kissed him back, as always. "You’re perfect you know that?" I whispered against his lips.

"Not as perfect as you baba." He whispered with a gentle smile.

I went to kiss him again though I heard Mikey’s voice and Gerard’s bedroom door opening. "Shit!" I squeaked, pulling the covers over both of us.

"Frank?"

I peaked from beneath the covers and bit my lip.

"Chill, Frank it’s only me." Mikey laughed. "You’re acting like seeing you two together is a shock to me." He chuckled. "I admit I was in shock two months ago but it’s old news now."

He found out two months ago? Of course he had, I didn’t remember but it seemed so stupid to question it. I knew Mikey knew, I just had no visual memory of it. But why?!

"What’s up Mikey?" Gerard asked.

"Just got a text from mum, she’s coming home early, so you might wanna get dressed." He laughed before slipping out of the bedroom.

"Oh shit." I laughed and jumped out of the bed. Time to get dressed!

***

My eyes opened, wincing a little at the sunlight coming through the curtains. I was in my room. I sat up and frowned as a thought entered my mind. I was graduating. Today.

Where had the last couple of months gone?

I got myself ready and left, after my mum fussed over me for once. She’d taken the day off work to see me graduate and the sad thing was, I was actually surprised.

My mother was a complete workaholic.

The rest of the day went well, even if I nearly shit myself when I had to stand up in front of everyone.

"You ready?" Gerard whispered into my ear.

We’d arranged to bring our relationship into the light after graduation. I couldn’t exactly remember when we had made those plans but I knew it had happened.

"No" I laughed. "Let’s do it." I whispered, my heart speeding up considerably as he took my hand, lacing our fingers together. This was the first time we’d held hands in public.

I ignored some of the looks and whispers as we made our way through the crowd towards our mothers who were talking happily.

"Mum?" I whispered a little shakily.

Both women turned to look at us, and instantly their eyes landed on our entwined fingers.

"I.." I began, though my voice caught and tears brimmed in my eyes.

"Mum, Linda.." Gerard began, squeezing my hand gently. "We decided a while ago that today would be a good day to come clean. Frankie is the best friend I could have ever asked for, and he’s also the best boyfriend. I couldn’t have wished for more." He was whispering now, I could hear the tears in his voice. "We understand this is huge but you have to understand that this is who we are. Nothing could change my feelings for him." He whispered, turning his head to look at me with teary eyes.

My own tears were rolling down my cheeks, and I realised our mum’s were in the same state.

"You should have said something sooner baby." Donna whispered as she wrapped her arms around me and Gerard.

I glanced over at my mum, she was watching us with tears rolling down her cheeks. "I should have been here for you." She whispered as I pulled away from Donna. "I’m your mum, I should have been around more, you should be able to tell me everything." She sniffed, wiping her eyes with her sleeve. "I’m sorry Frankie."

I stepped into her arms and sobbed. They both accepted us. I had never felt so much relief in my entire life. My tears weren’t scared one’s anymore, they were happy one’s.

***

In all honesty my life couldn’t have gotten any better. I had a great family, a beautiful boyfriend, an awesome job at a music store, and I could finally drive! I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone bleeped.

’Baby can you come pick me up? Tried to drive home from work & my shit of a car died on me, again x’

I smirked a little. When was Gerard going to learn that his car hated him, and was always going to hate him?

’You’ll never learn. See you soon x’

"It’ll love me one day x’

I rolled my eyes and climbed into my car which actually did love me and began the drive to the art store that Gerard worked at. I wasn’t exactly comfortable with driving in the dark during an incredibly icy winter but hey, anything for the love of my life.

I pulled up into the car park and grinned, watching Gerard walk over and climb in.

"You’re a life saver" he whispered, leaning over to kiss me.

"You’re cold." I whined, though kissed him back. Cold out not, his kisses were addictive.

"I’m sorry baby. Drive us back to mine? I can think of a few ways to warm up." He giggled, making me grin.

"Well how can I say no to that incredibly romantic gesture?" I chuckled before putting the car into gear and driving away.

I felt more comfortable driving with Gerard there, he made me feel safe, which I soon realised was a mistake.
I rounded a corner a little too fast, hitting black ice that no one could have avoided.

It was so quick, I could feel the car sliding off the road before spinning down into the ditch at the side.

I reached for Gerard and cried out. My vision was completely black but I could hear his voice. Gerard was saying my name. He was crying, oh God, what had I done?

"Gerard.." I sobbed, trying to reach out for him again but it was difficult. I could hardly move.

"Frankie? Someone help!"

"I’m s-sorry, Gerard please!"

"Frankie baby you’re okay" Gerard’s voice promised. How could he say that? It wasn’t okay!

"Open your eyes Frankie, please open your eyes" he sniffed.

It was difficult, but I managed to force my eyes open, mentally preparing myself to see the damage I’d done to him and my car, but that wasn’t what I saw.

The bright lights were painful, but the bed I was laying in wasn’t. I blinked away my blurry vision and Gerard’s face came into view. He wasn’t hurt, there wasn’t a single scratch on his face. He looked older though, not much older, still illegally sexy.

"Where am I?" I croaked out.

"Hospital." Gerard whispered as he took my hands, a gentle sob escaping his lips. "I didn’t think you’d ever wake up."

I frowned. What was he talking about? The crash had only just happened. But he wasn’t hurt. "I... I don’t understand"

"Baby there was an accident, we hit some ice in your car" he sniffed. "You hit your head pretty badly... you.." He took a shaky breath. "You’ve been in a coma for the past two and a half years."

My heart dropped. That couldn’t be true, the accident had only just happened. "But.."

Though I went quiet as a doctor came in to check me. The news began to really sink in when my mum and Donna came in to see me. They confirmed what Gerard had told me. I’d lost the past two and a half years of my life.

"What month is it?" I whispered.

"It’s May Frankie" Gerard answered quietly. It was almost time for visiting hours to end, but Gerard was still there by my side.

I thought for a moment and took a deep breath. I was going to be twenty one within the next few months. In my head, I’d been eighteen just a few hours ago.

It had been all a dream, all of it had really happened, but years ago. Tears filled my eyes when I realised that was why my memories had been so blurry. I’d been unconscious the whole time and my mind had been skipping around different memories.

So what had I missed in between?

"Gerard" I whispered, my eyes filling with tears again.

He moved to slide into my bed and wrapped his arms around me. All I could do was cling onto him and cry.

***

It took around a week, but after a lot of tests I made it out of hospital. I’d lost a lot of weight, and walking wasn’t the easiest thing to do but I managed with a lot of help.

I sat myself on Gerard’s sofa and glanced around. He’d moved into his own place just before the accident. We’d been planning on moving me in and I remembered none of it.

I glanced around and frowned gently at a couple of congratulation cards on the surface his tv was on. Congratulations?

I pushed myself up and walked over, picking up the first card. My eyes flickered over the writing on the inside and whispered, taking a small step back.

"I couldn’t take them down. I thought if I kept them up you wouldn’t be able to leave me."

I turned around to look at Gerard with teary eyes, the card still clutched in my hands. "We were engaged?"

Gerard closed his eyes tightly for a moment before walking over and taking the card, placing it back down. "I was scared you’d forget."

"I don’t even remember our own engagement"

"Ssh, it’s okay." Gerard whispered, pulling me against his chest. "I’ll understand if that’s too much at the moment."

"What?" I whispered, looking up at him. "G I’m upset that I don’t remember it, I’m not upset about being engaged. I want to still be engaged."

"You do?" He whispered, smiling gently. "I’ll be right back." He nodded before disappearing into his bedroom.

I waited for a moment, raising an eyebrow when he finally came back into the living room with a gorgeous
ring in his hand. "Frank Iero." Gerard smiled, getting down onto one knee. "I love you more than life itself, and you’ve been through so much recently. I want to spend the rest of my life trying to make you happy, so.. Will you marry me?"

The tears in my eyes had returned the moment Gerard had gotten down onto one knee. God, I was an emotional wreck. "Of course I’ll marry you" I whispered, watching him slide the ring onto my finger before we embraced, our lips touching in a kiss that melted my insides.

Okay I didn’t remember much from before the accident and I’d lost the last two and a half years of my life, but with Gerard? I knew everything would be okay. He was my rock, and I didn’t know what I would do without him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not feeling too good today, so I gathered I'd sit in bed & write a crappy short story on my Kindle. Which has a mind of it's own, so if there's any weird words in there.. Blame the auto correct!
I might do the wedding and add a few things about Bob in a sequel which I'll just add as another chapter maybe but um, yep.
@MyBandRomance come find me on Twitter c: