Status: i write, then type. comment with some suggestions if you'd like :D

Livin' Like a King Someday

Please stay as long as you need

I told Vic he could stay with me as long as he needs. Mike found us and helped me calm Vic down more than he would. I asked Mike if I could go back to his house and pack up Vic's things. He said yes and we walked to my car.

"Kellin, can I stay at your house while you get my stuff?" He was still a bit teary.

"Of course you can." I reassured him with a light smile.

Mike spoke up too. "Wait Vic, you do you even have your phone with you? Is it even charged??" Vic shook his head. "What the hell? What if we forget something you want! Or more importantly, NEED?"

"Mike, now it's your turn to calm down." Vic laughed at my joke. "I'll leave my phone with him and we'll call if there's any questions." Then I remembered, my phone probably needs to be charged too. "Vic? If you could, my phone charger is in the top drawer of the stand next to my bed. Will you plug it in?"

He nodded. We got to my house and I dropped him off leaving my phone and house key. My mom's car still isn't there? Oh well. Mike and I sped off to his house. Still in the silent car, Mike turned to look at me.

"Kellin, please take care of my brother." He sounded almost like he was whispering. I turned to look at him and he was frowning.

"Of course I will Mike." I turned back to the road. "I care about him. A lot." I sighed. 'Did i just blow my secret? Damn...oh well.'

"Look, I'm not sure what he's told you or let alone told you anything, but I want you to know. Don't bring any of this up unless he does first and please do NOT mention my name in any of it."

I kept my eyes on the road but I could tell Mike couldn't keep his eyes off me. I agreed to what he said. He took a breath and continued.

"Vic is gay and our parents don't like that. It's the reason our dad ran out on us I think about 2 years ago now. Since then, our mom lost her job and has only been getting money for bills and groceries by begging family and selling this around the house. For the next few months after our dad left, Mom wanted nothing to do with Vic. She wouldn't talk to him, feed him.. Anything.
On his 16th birthday, last year, his boyfriend at the time came over with Tony and Jaime. We were all in the family room together then Mom saw Vic kiss his boyfriend on the cheek and she flipped. The sad part is that Tony, Jaime and I saw it happen.. She yelled at Vic saying the only people allowed in our house now were Tony and Jaime. She beat him right in front of all of us, then she made Vic break up with him right then and there. She continued to beat him every chance she got. According to mom, it's his fault our dad left and why she lost her job. There were a few times she asked for him this last month and claimed she misses him. Really, she only misses hurting him."

He paused and I was tearing up. 'This is, like, almost my story... How the hell are we so similar?' We pulled up into the driveway of Mike's house and got out.

"Go to the back, 2nd window. I'll get you in." I did as told and waited for Mike by the window. He let me in to what i assumed was Vic's room. The bed was made and everything was in order. All but a broken mirror.

"Mike, does he cut himself?" I already knew the answer but I asked anyway.

"Everywhere. Arms, wrists, stomach, thighs..." He trailed off. "Anyway, He's also bullied at school alot. Being gay and stuff.. People call him fat every day and say he needs to lose weight. He's already a twig! He's been called every name you can think of, it's scary." I continued to pack clothes as Mike got other items. "Kellin, he likes you. I can tell. I know that look he gets in his eyes. And just letting you know, I wouldn't be saying any of this if i couldn't tell you do too."

"I do too what?"

"You like my brother. Don't try to deny it. You always look so scared and worried for him. You invited him into your home to stay here with you. Then you just told me how much you care about him. Kellin, I know."

Still teary eyed, I dropped what i was doing and went up to give Mike a hug. It felt nice, it's been long time since I've been hugged. "I really do. I don't want him to be hurt."

The moment was broken by Mike's phone.
From#: Just so you have Kellin's number. Where are you??

"Thats my number." I told Mike.

He called his brother and they talked about what else to pack. He hung up and looked at me. "He wants you back soon. I told him we're almost done."

I looked around one last time and saw a very nice looking blue acoustic in the corner of the room. I grabbed it for him and took it back to my house. Mike decided to drive his own car so he could take himself back home. We walked into my house and up to my room. Vic was silently sleeping on my bed.

I went over to him while Mike stood in the door way. I bent over and kissed his head.

"You're safe now, Vicky."
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter i wanted to tell more about Vic's history. I hope you liked it! It's a little longer too :)