‹ Prequel: Life After You
Status: You all wanted to know what happened...so here goes....

Fate's Cruel Hand

Fate's Cruel Hand

He shifts uncomfortably on the sofa, the muscles in his neck and back pulling and tightening with every movement. He feels sleepy, but can't ignore the feeling in his stomach any longer. Carefully, he tries to inch himself forward on the sofa, trying not to wake Kelly who had fallen asleep at his side. She had put a pillow on the coffee table, a home-made support for his leg so she could cuddle into his side. She had moved nervously and every time he winced or groaned she would move away, still worried about putting too much weight on his healing body.

She looks up at him and wonders where he thinks he's going.

"I need to pee" he says.

Kelly grabs his good arm and helps him up, handing him the crutch so he can at least hobble. Then they realise they have a major problem.

"The bathroom's upstairs" Kelly says, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I can manage"

Jeremy tries to hold onto the stair rail with his cast and swears under his breath as he tries to push himself onto the step, his good leg taking all the pressure. His stomach, chest and ribs are screaming at him to stop, but he needs to take a call of nature.

"Let me help you, okay?"

Kelly wraps her arm around his waist and tells him to hold onto her. Trying to pull him up the stairs is strenuous.

He groans with every step, exhausted and embarrassed to become so dependent on someone.

Jeremy hobbles into the bathroom and leans the crutch against the wall. He could be doing with a rest, but his bladder is full to popping and he doesn't want to end up back in hospital. Even peeing has become a challenge.

"Are you okay in there?" Kelly asks from outside the bathroom door. He had assured her he was quite capable of going to the bathroom himself, but right now he's not so sure.

"Uh...yeah" he says through the wood.

"You sure?" She asks, walking in and watching him as he tries to loosen the shorts at the waist. The cast is making even the simplest of tasks difficult. He can't wait until he can use both of his hands at the same time.

Kelly decides to use her own intuition and helps him relieve himself. All the while she can feel from a distance how red his face is. Once he's done, he can barely look at he as he sits on the edge of the bath.

"It's okay to ask for help" Kelly kneels down in front of him."Everyone needs a little help"

"Not everyone needs help trying to take a piss" Jeremy grumbles, his face still a deep red and his eyes shadowed with shame.

"And it's only for a little while until you get the cast off. I thought you would be glad being in my hand"

Jeremy lifts his eyes from the floor and looks up at her. She gently grabs his chin and kisses him, long and slow, passionately.

"How about a bath?"

Bin liners are unattractively secured to the skin around his casts with duct tape, his leg over the side of the bath and his wrist on the edge of the tub. If he thought he couldn't feel any more embarrassed, he was wrong. His cheeks are still a fiery red as Kelly scrubs his back.
Feeling her fingers against his skin makes him shiver, his aching body twisted like a pretzel. Or at least it feels like it.

She gently massages his neck and shoulders, feeling the bunched up muscles tense.

"Relax" Kelly softly says into his ear.

He closes his eyes as her fingers delicately knead his shoulders and neck, it's enjoyable and occasionally uncomfortable.

"Baby, we need to stop"

"What?" Kelly asks, her voice full of concern in case she has maybe hurt him. "Am I hurting you?"

Jeremy glances up at her and shakes his head.

"You're turning me on"

Kelly bites down on her lip, trying not to laugh. It's no surprise that a few touches in the right places are getting his juices going. They haven't fooled around or had sex in almost a month, the total time he's spent in hospital, although it seems to be longer.

She kisses his temple and smiles.

"Let's get you settled down for the night. Are you sure you don't want me to stay downstairs with you?"

"I'll be okay. Just don't get used to being alone" he gives her a devilish grin and a wink as she helps him out of the bath.

She towel dries him and helps him into a pair of loose fitting shorts and a t-shirt. Even though he is battered and bruised he looks hot as hell, his hair still damp from the bath. She tries her best to not let her imagination run wild as she helps him downstairs in the same process it took to get him to the bathroom.

***

Jeremy softly snores as Kelly throws a blanket over him and switches the TV off. They had been watching a movie, some horror that wasn't remotely as scary as they were led to believe and ended up cuddling.
She looks at him with adoration, feeling the frustration he was trying so hard to hide from her. He had told her he didn't want her to see him like that, moody and distant. But she had seen him like this when he was her patient and it worries her that some of his demons could be skulking around. She softly leans over him and kisses him on the cheek before heading upstairs to bed, lonely.