‹ Prequel: Life After You
Status: You all wanted to know what happened...so here goes....

Fate's Cruel Hand

Fate's Cruel Hand

She is wrapped tightly in his muscular arms, completely protected from the rest of the world. She lies with her back to him, her head in the crook of his arm, the other wrapped tightly around her waist. He nuzzles her neck and lifts his head to check the time, it's still early. Too early to even think about leaving the comfortable bed, the first time he's slept in a bed in months. He notices that she has pushed off some of the duvet and pulls it up over her breasts up to her chin. Gently, he places a single kiss on her warm skin. That little spot between her collar bone and neck.
She can feel his hot breath on her skin and she stirs, bring her arm up to bring his head closer to her shoulder. He responds by kissing her shoulder, nipping lightly as she rolls onto her back, lightly stroking his face.

"Mmm" she moans and opens her sleepy eyes."Good morning"

He gazes at her lovingly, a playful smile on his lips.

"How you feeling?"

"Like shit" she says with a sigh."I was hoping to wake up and realise that yesterday was one big nightmare"

Jeremy uncomfortably shifts his leg from the pillow and stretches, his arm still pinned underneath her.

"There will be a post-mortem. An inquest investigating his death. They will go through everything from childhood right until he-" Kelly breaks off sobbing, covering her face with her hands. Jeremy pulls her closer and kisses her temple.

"It's going to be okay. You did nothing wrong."

Kelly sits at the kitchen table, her eyes still raw and painful from sobbing into Jeremy's shoulder. She sniffs and pushes away the toast she had made for herself, receiving a worrying look from Jeremy in the process. He feels helpless, knowing there's nothing he can do to help her, but he so desperately wants to do something. He remembers the gift he bought at the jewellery store and wonders if it's a good idea to give it to her now or to wait until later.

Jeremy gets up from the table and retrieves the gift box from his jacket pocket. He returns and sits down, sliding it over the table.

Kelly looks at the long slender box and glances up at him curiously.

"Maybe this will put a smile back on that face" he says with hope, an easy smile showing off his pearly white teeth.

"What is it?" She asks.

"Open it" he replies simply and watches her as she lifts the lid.
He smiles as her eye's light up.

"Oh, Jeremy" She beams. She gazes at the gold bracelet with decent sized diamonds situated inbetween the celtic knot design.

"It's so beautiful" she's starting to get weepy again.

"Look at the inside"

Hesitantly, she turns the bracelet to look at the inside. An inscription in a lovely script stares back at her.

"With all my love, J" Kelly reads it out loud, her lip quivering as she gets up to sit on his good thigh. She wraps her arms tightly around him, kissing him and squeezing him.

"Thank you so much" she squeezes him tighter. He kisses her softly and passionately.

"You're my girl" he smiles at her and kisses her again, tasting her, devouring her.
♠ ♠ ♠
How is everyone liking this?

What other Renner stories would you like to see?