‹ Prequel: Life After You
Status: You all wanted to know what happened...so here goes....

Fate's Cruel Hand

Fate's Cruel Hand

The atmosphere had been so thick it could have been cut with a knife. As promised, Marilyn had collected Kelly from the clinic, but the two women didn't say a single word to each other. They both have things they want to say to each other, but both of them are feeling emotional and don't wish to make today any worse by arguing or falling out, although they know they need to sit down and talk about today's events.

The sight of Jeremy's car in her driveway had made her want to run back to Marilyn's car, the confrontation in the waiting room still painful. She doesn't want to see Jeremy right now and she doesn't want to talk to him, at least not about what had just taken place in front of complete strangers. As she walks into the living room she notices the black hold-all on the sofa, packed by the looks of things.

A knot grows in her stomach. She continues into the kitchen where Jeremy is sitting at the kitchen table, an almost overflowing ashtray next to him, a cloud of smoke swirling around his head. He's staring into space, the cigarette between his fingers almost burned down to the butt. Kelly then notices the bottle of pills. It's almost empty. She isn't sure if he's even aware of her presence.

"Jeremy?" She says softly. He shakes his head, his eyes teary and he just can't bring himself to look at her."Jeremy..please"

He closes his eyes and tears trickle down his cheeks and he doesn't even try to hide it. His mouth is slightly open as he runs his tongue along his teeth, fighting to keep some level of dignity.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you"

"What difference would it have made?" His voice is shaky, breaking with emotion and he just can't look at her. He's talking to that spot on the floor."You made your choice"

He sniffs and bites on his bottom lip, a shaky breath.

Kelly kneels down in front of him and cups his face, wiping the tears from his cheeks with her thumbs. Her eye make-up is running down her own cheeks.

"Jeremy, look at me...please"

He closes his eyes and shakes his head.

"I am so sorry" she cries."I'm not ready to be a mom"

"And what about me?" He croaks, still with his eyes closed."What about what I wanted? I didn't even have a say."

"I'm sorry"

"You saw how bad it was with Steph and you do this." He whispers."This fucking hurts more. This was actually my baby"

"I never meant to hurt you" Kelly
whimpers."I love you so much"

Jeremy sadly shakes his head and suddenly feels Kelly's lips against his own. She kisses him softly and caresses his cheek. She's disappointed and left feeling hurt when he doesn't respond.

"I can't do this" He whispers and gets up, grabbing the pills and sports bag.

Kelly pleads and begs with him as he fiddles with his car keys, his own vision blurred by tears.

"Please don't leave me" Kelly cries."I love you so much. I need you, Jeremy. Don't go"

Her pleas fall on deaf ears as Jeremy reverses quickly out of the driveway and speeds off down the street. He looks back at her in the rear-view mirror, sobbing. Pulling over a few blocks away he rests his head back against the rest and cries, completely sobbing until he can't see or hear anything. The pain rippling in his chest makes him bury his head in his hands.

That one last kiss had been goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
His is it guys...the final chapter. Enjoy.