‹ Prequel: Life After You
Status: You all wanted to know what happened...so here goes....

Fate's Cruel Hand

Fate's Cruel Hand

Kelly combs back his hair and plants a kiss on the middle of his forehead. He looks so fragile, just lying there with more machines attached to him. She can see his breath in the oxygen mask and turns round to look at the nurse who is posted nearby.

"It's okay, sweetie. He's awake."

Kelly nods and turns back to Jeremy.
His eyes crack open slightly, hazy and stoned from the medication.

"You really scared me back there" she says with a teary smile.

"Sorry" he mumbles through the mask. His eyes search the room.
"I need a drink"

Kelly asks the nurse if it's okay for him to have a drink. Moments later she returns with a glass of icy water and a straw.
Jeremy shakily removes the oxygen mask and takes small sips of the water. It feels good on his aching throat.

"What happened?"

"The doctor said you had a heart attack"

He nods, sadly. He is doing everything in his power to stop his eyes from closing.

"Love you" Jeremy says as his eyes start to close, the nurse giving him some medication through the IV.

"It's just a mild sleeping aid. He needs as much rest as possible and typical of male species, they won't listen to us" the heavy built nurse talks away.

Kelly makes the decision to go home and catch up on a few hours sleep, maybe run a bath or eat junk food. She's just happy that Jeremy is alright.

***

A hot bubble bath had made her sleepy, the microwaved cauliflower cheese satisfying her rumbling stomach. It feels as if she has spent months away from her home, her home comforts a distant memory. Kelly had fallen asleep in the back of a cab and was harshly woken up by the driver's booming voice. She had apologised and he had shrugged it off, like it was the normal thing to happen.
Kelly feels her whole body giving in to the comfortable mattress, the duvets cosy and warm. Her eyes grow heavy and her limbs feel like lead. She yawns and sighs, feeling quite content.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologise it's a short part, but I can promise you'll love it.