‹ Prequel: Life After You
Status: You all wanted to know what happened...so here goes....

Fate's Cruel Hand

Fate's Cruel Hand

Jeremy eases himself down onto the sofa and is gently pushed back, a pillow being shoved behind him. The car ride had been bumpy, sending shock waves of discomfort through his entire body as the car seemed to hit ever pothole in the road. He does his best to pull up his leg, the cast heavy and awkward to manoeuvre. Beads of sweat form on his forehead, the whole process of trying to walk with a leg and hand cast and an elbow crutch.

"Do you need anything?" Kelly asks as she starts going through the black sports bag, dirty clothes that smell of the hospital.

"I'm good" he says.

"Okay. I'm going to go for a shower and then I'll make some dinner. What do you want?"

"Anything" he says grabbing her hand as she walks past him. "Anything as long as it's with you"

Kelly bends down and kisses him fully on the lips, tasting the chewing gum he had spat out at the hospital

"And who says romance is dead" she laughs.

"You will maybe find out when I'm better"

Kelly can't help but go weak at the knees with that mischievous grin that his fans adored.

"You better get better quick then"

Jeremy grins as she walks away from him and he can't help but stare at her ass. It's like things have never changed.

*****

When Kelly returns from her shower she notices that Jeremy is on his laptop, he looks sad despite being out of hospital.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

Jeremy sighs and runs his hand through his lifeless hair.

"Got an email from my agent. I nailed the audition, but they've had to find someone else to do the part"

Kelly isn't sure what she is supposed to say or how she can make him feel better about it.

"There will be other parts" Kelly says as she sits down next to him.

"Yeah" he replies, resting his head in his hand.

"I know it's hard, but it's maybe happened for a reason"

Jeremy smiles at her.

"I'd be lost without you, you know that?"

"And you would read the map wrong to find me again"Kelly teases.

They both laugh.

Kelly plays with the hair at his temple, twisting it between his fingers.

"How about I make us some food and you can pick a movie" she suggests.

"What about desert?" Jeremy asks in a deep, husky voice. He's struggling not to grin.

"What would you like for desert?" Kelly teases him, gently kissing him and pulling away.

"Surprise me"

"You're in no condition to get anything as a surprise" Kelly says evenly, guilty for giving him the first ever knock-back.

"Guess I'm just going to have to get you a vibrator" Jeremy says in a serious tone, but bursts out laughing at the look on Kelly's face.

"Watch it, Renner"

Kelly turns into the kitchen with a wide smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe I couldn't resist this wee chapter.