Zombie

Zombie

Zombie

The world was crumbling as an undead horde chased all the remaining life forms on the planet. As many suspected, highly populated areas were the worst. Thousands of those undead bastards ran threw the streets, snacking on every living organism that crossed there path. No mind or sympathy to children, teenagers or babies. We are all just tiny morsels of there ever and always growing dinner plate.

It hit without warning. At first we thought I was just one of them that spread to another and so on. But it was so fast. It couldn't have been just one, seeing it took about 48 hours to completely turn. Then as they dug deeper in our date bases, searched the Internet full of lies, read papers and magazines of stretched truths, they put together that it wasn't just one infected that passed to another, it was a virus. Some mad doctors from the south, taking....cannibals and dying people and trying to create a real life Zombie. They were Nerds with there rich mommies and daddies Doctor degrees and equipment who made this what it is now. Zombies. I wasn't a fan of Zombie movies. I loved Zombies tho. Just the movies were to cheesy for me to stand. I'm glad I had taken such a growing love for The Walking Dead. That show is what kept us alive up to now. Then again, camping, hunting and scavenging experiences helped us a lot to.

We had our main base, along with a few smaller ones scattered threw the towns and some caves and underground bunkers for the country side if we ever needed to stray far. It wasn't hard to forage for food in the city. After a lot of contemplating and taking threw our plans for the end, we decided, no one joins our group. Just the two of us. Well...it was three to begin with...

We had a little boy. He was 5 and a half when we found him at the beginning of this apocalypse. His mother and father had both been slaughtered, then eaten from by there own daughter and older son. The little boy was hiding under the table. Chairs pointed outwards. Whenever they shuffled by, he would push it out and they would fall to the ground. He said he would them try to get up. Groaning and letting out there wails. We both had came threw the window, baseball bat to the daughters head, and the head of the older son rolled on the floor. We looked threw the house, well, what was left of it, things went to ruins and piles of bricks and dirt within the first week, we collected al the food and supplies, but then we spotted a teddy bear, a blanket, and a stack of children's books under the table. My face hit the floor, yea he pushed the chair legs out to trip me to, sneaky little brat....Long story short, we took him "Home" and everything felt a bit....better? I guess you could say...well it was...until....A group, that fucking group took him away from us. Shot him clear threw the brains. Right in front of us.
Why?
He tripped and scrapped his knee, and they called it a bite. The horror of watching him come back, We loved him. We even had his 6th birthday party. It was funny, Killed six Zombies that day to. Lucky number I guess. He was like a son to us and he was gone. After that everything went back to normal, Nothing was normal anymore. But our normal, but without him, there really wasn't a normal. We think about him each night. And we hope he stays down forever. He's our little angel who finally left this world of hell.

We killed trespassers. Our main base was clean as can be. Bars and spikes on windows, Guns and knives presented in daylight every 10 feet of the room. There were hundreds of knives and daggers under tables and couches. Everywhere. You can never be to careful. We had steel walls and floor and 12 inch thick doors. Extra bookcases, tables, chairs, was pushed to every door and window. And there weren't many door or windows. We ha taken up in a warehouse. A storage unit company was next door, we had all the wood, furniture, and whatever else we needed at our disposable. Yet nothing was taken for granite. The warehouse had five levels. We slept, ate, and bathed in the top floor, all staircases were caged and trapped. The stairways were like machine gun. Trip the trap and your full of holes. The only way to get into out base was there what I like to call "Animal Crossings" small holes the perfect size for cats and dogs, raccoons and rats, stuff like that, but we could fit threw to. I had lost almost 67 lbs from the start of this epidemic where I was 146 lbs. I was proud of my body, but I didn't get to show off my happiness with the outside world, seeing there wasn't one. We stored food all threw out the base. In hiding holes and cabinets. We actually had a nice pile. Meat was something we could never get. It was a danger.

Animals didn't turn, but they did get infected. There meat was, you ate it, you turned into those flesh eaters. You couldn't drink from streams, rivers, oceans or ponds. If the dead had even touched the water, the entire source was infected. We had to raid stores for there bottled water. Three storage units next to the warehouse are full of only water. Thousands of bottles and jugs. We needed everything to be perfect. We had a few more storage tanks full of food. You can say we're making It out ok. And we were.

So many pleasures were taken away from us when this started. But we've managed to take back quiet a few. Relaxing, we could and we did. But we were always on our guard. Still ready to attack. We got our 8 hours of sleep and more. We could bath and eat and not worry. We had made a wall of the dead, well, the dead undead. Sacked up high and covered in rocks and scrap metal. We didn't have to worry about them getting in. Yes the Zombies search and shuffle there way to find food, but they don't go tearing stuff down. If they didn't see or hear you, they walked on by. It was normally calm around our base. Sometimes we'd ever go looking for a few good kills just to keep our skills up. Killing someone wasn't as hard as I thought. You really don't think twice before bashing someone's head in, or placing a bullet there brains. It just happens. I've watched hippies slaughter one another and eat there own flesh. No sign of sadness or remorse, I've seen murders scared and cry for there mommies. I stuck a axe threw mines.

We've lived each day. Only a few close shaves in the beginning but we learned. We had so much fun even in this horrid world. We even got to enjoyed sex twice a week! He tried to make everything romantic with dead flowers and cleaning up the house. Making something a little nicer then out snacks and such. One of our favourites was pasta. It was easy to make and store. We'd have sex and laughs, we had electricity so we could watch some movies if everything outside was quiet and clear. We had a "happy" life so to speak.

But now it was over

We ran into the base as a group of those undead fuckers shuffled after us. I slammed the door and we ran to the top floor. Holding onto his shoulder the love of my life slumps to the floor in pain and agony. I run and scatter around the bathroom cabinet, finding wraps and disinfectant. I return to his side and kiss him.
"Shh...calms down it will be alright!"
I start to wrap his shoulder and he looks at me. A sadness and pain in his eyes
"Baby...please....stop and just-"
"Stop moving!"
"Please! You have to kill me"
"I said no!"
We argued for a few more moments and then silence for what felt like forever. His head cocked up and he just sat there and his face went blank.
"Do it"
"NO! You won't turn!!!!"
"MIYA!"
He cupped my face between his hands and my tears started flowing harder and faster.
"Darling....you know I'll turn, we've watched our family turn when they got bit, I love you Miya, please kill me and end this before its to late!"
He kissed me on the lips and I gripped my nails into his leg
"STOP! I'm not killing you!!! Never!!! You can fight this!!! Don't let it take over please!!"
"Miya I know you don't want to, but you have to! If you truly love me you will end this now...."
"Don't you dare use that!! I love you! If I didn't I would have left you out there! I'm not going to! You can get better!"
"If you won't end this I will!"
His hand reached for the gun in his holster,
I jammed the butt of my riffle into his head. He slumped over to the floor and a little stream of blood flowed from his head. I kissed him and cried as I wrapped him up and stopped the bleeding. I rested him to the wall and propped him up with pillows and blankets to keep him comfortable. He was way to heavy for me to lift. No he wasn't fat, I'm just not strong. I held his hand and chained him to the bed post. What he said was true. We just had to wait. Rubbing his palm and kissing him I grabbed his arm and leaned on him
"Everything will be fine...everything will be fine..."
I repeated again and again
"...be fine....every...thing....will be...f-f-fine..."
But I was scared
It wasn't going to be fine
I'm losing the love of my life
The only thing I have left in this evil world...

Is becoming part of it

As the days dragged on...
His constant pleads and begging to be killed rang threw out the walls. His groans and moans, his screams and cries of pain and fear and longing. All I could do was change his bandages and try my best to feed him. He tried to reject almost everything I made. But it took my tears and sobbing to make him eat. His eyes became blacker and blacker each day, red stress veins and such became noticeable. His skin lightened to a almost ghost white. I washed him best I could. I would hug him and kiss him and tell him everything was ok, everything will be fine and alright as he wailed in pain for me to end it.
"AAAAAGGGGHHH!!"
I rested my head in his lap
"Shh...hush my love...please"
"KILL ME DAMMIT!!! Just kill me!!!"
"I can't and I won't"
"WHY NOT?!??"
I placed his trembling hand over my chest. I smiled threw my tears up at him.
"I can't lose you. I can't stand the idea of going on without you, you not being with me, you leaving, even as a full zombie I still have YOU, that's why. I can't live without you..."
He stopped screaming to look down at me. Weakly he brushed the hair from my face and tears from my cheeks.
"Don't cry...please don't cry Miya..."
It was his weakness. He had never seen me cry, ever, only when he was bit did I cry. And all the way now. I didn't like crying in front of him. I hated it. He hated it even more. He promised me not so long ago that he would never allow me to cry. I would never have to cry again if I had him and he kept his promise until now. But I don't mind. He pulled me closer
"I'm sorry....I can't help it..."
"Oh please darling...."
"I can't bear to live without you...my life has no meaning unless your here with me"
"Your life has meaning, that's why I was bit, so you could live"
"No It doesn't, I live to make you happy, and if your gone I have nothing! I did all this for us, so we could be together!!!"
He stopped holding me and I layed back down on his lap again
"Keep fighting it, please keep fighting it!!! Your going to make this threw! You have to!!!"
Weakly and with great sobs and crud of pain and sadness. He said
"I won't my darling...I can't...and I won't..."
Even tho he said he wouldn't fight it

He did

He lasted for about a month and a half. His skin pale and with black spots and red gashes appearing. Seeping out dark blackish blood. His nails and teeth were stained and dirty. His eyes a under flesh bloody red. Eye lids heavy and black. His lips cracked and bleeding. I held his hand threw each day. Only leaving for seconds at a time to fetch him water, food, to clean and fix his wounds. He was never asleep. Always screaming and moaning in pain. Begging me to kill him. Pleading and asking and threatening me.
"IF YOU DONT KILL ME ILL FUCKING TEAR YOUR HEAD OFF!!!"
He would scream how he hates me and wishes I was bit instead. How that should be me. Dying and turning into a monster. An undead freak eater. I never took his threats seriously. I knew he didn't feel that way. He would have given up his life to save me. And he did. That's why we are here. I still kissed him and sang to him. I would even make him smile. He could see this taking a toll on me. And he tried his best, after his pleading for death, he would remind me of our romantic moments and times. How happy he is with me and how our life together was perfect. And how he never regretted anything in our relationship. Other than not being with me sooner. He would joke sometimes threw his pain. We even had a few romantic make out moments every now and then. He didnt want me to go without love. And he happily gave it to me, even in his half dead state.

His voice turned into grunting and groaning. It was harsh an raspy. And he could barley breath. He chocked and spit up black sludge and slime. And lots and lots of that horrible blood. I wiped his mouth ad snuggled next to him. His fingers couldn't move. But I fixated our hands to stay together.
"M....i....y....a...."
"Yes love?"
"....I....lov...e...y...ou..."
"I love you to"
My voice trembled with tears. He turned his head to face mines. Even with all the black decaying flesh and blood and gashes. He was still my love. Handsome and sexy. Nothing ha changed about the man I feel in love with. Because I only cared for the inside. Not the outside. I wasn't repulsed or disgusted by him. I didn't care. He was still here.
"...I...m...sorr...y"
"Shh baby, save your strength...it's alright"
"It...h...u...rts"
"I know baby, I'm here so it's ok"
He stared into my eyes and I broke down in tears. I clutched him hard and cried into his shoulder
"D o n t c r y"
"I can't help it!!!!! I don't want to be without you!! Ahhhh!!!"
He kissed me on the head and smiled
"I t w i l l b e o k, l i k e y o u s a i d"
"No it won't!!! I've been telling myself a lie!!! Please don't leave me!!! PLEASE!!!"
I sobbed into his eroding chest and he held me there
"K i l l m e p l e a s e a n d e n d t h i s s u f f e r i n g"
"Don't make me please!!!!!"
I chocked hard and long on my words and screamed as loud as possible. He kept holding and kissing me as I cried. His voice faded as he started to growl. I looked up and smiled
"P...l...eas...e...."
"No I don't have to anymore..."
"Miy a!!!!"
"It's ok Caleb...we can do this together..."
"No w e can t!!"
He cracked his neck and I unlatched his chains. I pulled all my strength to lift him into the bed, but with all the fat and muscle gone from his bone body it was easy and light. I laid him on the bed and kissed him.
"Caleb, we can do THIS together"
I reached down and dug my nails into Caleb's bony leg. He lashed out in anger and pain. I bite my lip as his teeth clamped into my neck. The pain of his sharp teeth made me scream louder then ever. He quickly tore them out and groaned in pain.
"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"
"MIYA!!!"
I felt the virus scatter threw my body and I couldn't help but smile, oh the pain I've put him threw keeping his sanity. I felt horrible. I should have ended it all when it happened if I knew how bad it was. I let go tho. And it didn't hurt to fight back, because I wasn't.
"Miy...a!!!"
"It's ok...fuck this hurts..."
"Mi....ya, I'm sorr....y!!! W...hy did...you-"
I turned my head as my eyes flowed black and red. I stared into his and smiled
"So we could be together forever. Even in death. We are the loving dead...I told you I couldn't and wouldn't lose you"
His shock lasted for a few more minutes until it turned I a smile. We reached over to kiss and layer there. Hands locked together as we were prepared to spend the rest of eternity together in our locked up home. We were the loving dead. And we are staying like this forever. As my hand melts away from this page, as my pen runs dead unlike us...I have one thing to say....

Look Behind You

~Zombie