General

Intro

*sigh*
The cigarette smoke can be distinguished from the fire and explosion smoke all around us. The AK-47 rests at my side, fully loaded and cocked for any attack. The sounds of explosives going off around me and tanks beating the ground is loud and clear. I shuffle my feet and look into the fiery red sky. The wind smells of death and decay. The butt of ash falls to the cracked ground a bullet flies into the head of the enemy leader. Everything stops as his blood splatters on my face and outfit. I stare at my blood covered hand, narrowing my eyes and frowning. I shake my hat of the blood and brains. Licking a drop from the side of my mouth. I grip my knife and let the gun drop. The instinct to tear the hearts out from everyone in the field pounds into my head. The frag goes off in the ambush and it rains there limbs and guts. I'm applauded and cheered for as they surrender.

The idea of going home to her...it makes being shoot in the head by the enemy at point blank range heaven. There's no way she stayed true to me. I've been gone for three...no seven years or more.
"I started this war when I was 15"
General Larson steps down and I step up. I salute as they speak about my victory at ending the war by killing the leader. Images of the blood splatter and gore makes me crack a insane grin. Baring my jagged sharp teeth I used to cut ropes I was tied up in.
"...and that's why I'm standing down today to praise this heroic young man..."
My mind flickers in and out, tuning to other horror filled stations that I just growl in hunger at. I'm handed badges and metals as we head home. I don't change my blood ridden cloths. Being promoted to General after my many demotions and discharges, which were all thrown aside as "to much pressure for the young mind to handle" walking down the victory and celebration parade I only think of blowing up every float in the damn street. I was crazy before I joined, I went insane during the war, and now after its done....ill turn into a psychopath. I can't wait.