General

Happy Endings Are For Fairy Tales

Happy Endings Are For Fairy Tales

"I'll miss you...."
I kiss her head and hold her hands. Priscilla cries and sobs into my chest as I set my bag down.
"We didn't even get a 24 hour warning!!!! Don't go!!!! You can't leave me!!!!"
I pull her into a long and hard hug
"I won't leave you I swear on my life...ill come back to my wife..."
She looks up to me and the tears roll down
"Your....w-w-wi-wif-wife???"
I get down on a knee and hold her hands tight. Smiling I look up to her and the warm sun hits my face. It's been almost two and a half years I've been with Priscilla. I've been happy, she's been more then happy, but...now I'm leaving. For another war. Taking away time from both our lives. I was confident I would come back to her. But that was fading with each day.
"Priscilla...make me have something to come back to, to fight for...be my wife"
Slipping on the mud and grass I fire into the cavern of the enemy camp. Screaming and yelling from every direction. I keep my sights on the target ahead. Running and running to stop at a exploding grenade. People shout my name. My team is dropping fast. I'm the only one pushing threw the sweat and fire. They hold back. As if taking a breath just to get blown to pieces.
"Yes!! Oh my god yes!!!"
She kisses me and I slip the ring on. It fits perfectly. She smiles threw her waterfall tears. It's not small, but it's not overly huge. In the sun the diamond shines and glimmers....Just like her eyes and smile. One last hug and a kiss throws her into a fit. As I board the plane she cries and cries. Falling to her knees like the hundreds being shot in the head. Tears pour out like blood. All being blended away with the sound of bullets and the plane engine. I press my hand to the window as I kiss her goodbye.

I sit around a dying fire. The AK-47 I've grown to know and love is around my neck. Fully loaded and now equip with a scope and larger clip. A strange feeling of pain shoots threw my body as I slouch over the fire, even tho I slouch I'm ready for an attack.
"Priscilla!!!"
Johnson wakes up alerted by my sudden out burst.
"General Corvo! What is it!?!"
I scratch my head in pain
"I don't know....it feels like Priscilla...something painful is happing to her"
Johnson pats me on the back
"It's probably just you trying to coop, don't think much about it"
"I can't help it."
"Hey...I left my wife back home to"
"Yea...but you were already married"
"What do you mean?"
"I asked her right before I got on the plane. She said yes. I don't want to make a widow before she can be called one"
I drink from my canteen and more pain surges threw me. I have to lay down to rest. Something I never do. Ill get a weeks worth of sleep in a month. Sometimes not ever the full seven days. It's at least 5 days all together out of the 30 day months. All night I think about her. About her smile and how it's gone. About her laugh and how it's been silenced. I think of her being alone. All alone in that small house by herself. All alone. The word "alone" plays in my head. Beating and throbbing. Making my head hurt and me wanting to cry out in pain.
We both cry out in pain
A knife slides into my hip and I let our a roar
Priscilla cries as the only people in the room try to deliver
Were both alone and in pain. Bleeding and crying. I cry to her. Begging God to give Priscilla back to me. To take me back home to her and make her tears go away.

The knife is taken back out and my gun reaches the temple of Johnson. I pull the trigger waking up the rest of them. All outside trying to kill me in my sleep. I should have been alerted for this. But for once in my life I wasn't on my guard. I promised to come back to Priscilla...I might not keep that promise...