I'm Gonna Change the World

Oh my god, this is paradise.

I sat in my apartment alone for the 857348975208795 millionth time, staring at my keyboard and the pieces of paper with my scraggly writing all over them. They were bits and pieces of songs I couldn't finish. My spark was gone when my friends left me in San Diego all alone. They said I did nothing but bring them down.

I didn't see how. I thought everything was okay.

Tears threatened to spill over my eyes again, but I blinked them away. A soft knock came at my door. It could only be one person...the only person who hadn't left me.

"Jamie?" his voice called out.

I heard the door close behind him and footsteps approach me. I felt his hand on my shoulder, and I looked up at him.

"Still no luck?" Vic asked me and sat down on the bench.

I shook my head and pushed the papers off the stand with force. I refused to look at Vic. I stared at the scattered papers on the floor. They taunted me, just like my 'friends' did before they left. A tear rolled down my cheek, but Vic was quick to wipe it away. He sighed and dropped his hand.

"What?" I asked him, my voice tired.

"I wish you hadn't given up. Things just aren't the same anymore. I miss my best friend." he said, resting his elbows on the keyboard in front of him.

"I'm not the one who gave up, Vic. Everyone else gave up on me. Did you honestly expect me to be the same after the way they treated me?"

He didn't reply because he knew I was right.

"The magic is gone...it's never coming back." I stated sadly.

I stood up and walked into my kitchen, grabbing two bottles of water. I handed one to Vic and he followed me to my room, where I spent all of my time when I wasn't sitting in front of the keyboard. I laid down on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. Vic laid beside me, but faced me.

"I miss your smile, and that glow in your eyes, and that super nerdy laugh you do when you get nervous." he said.

"Stop being sappy. You know I hate it when you do that." I said, not looking at him.

"I'm just being honest, Jamie." he said.

His fingers were soft on my face, as he turned my head towards his. Our faces were inches apart and his eyes searched my face.

"What will it take to put the life back in your eyes?" he asked me.

I stared at him and racked my brain for an answer. Honestly I had no idea if anything could make it better. I just wanted things to go back to the way they were before.

"A miracle." I finally said.

Vic sighed and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine. His lips were soft, and he barely put any pressure against mine. I put my hand on the back of his head and pushed against him. I felt him smile into the kiss. I parted my lips slightly and he soon followed suit. Our tongues danced together, and Vic continued to smile into the kiss. I've always had a thing for him, but I never thought he could feel the same. I always thought he wanted to just be friends. We pulled back from the kiss at the same time. Vic had a huge grin on his face, and I felt the corners of my lips curl into a smile.

"I think that's the first time I've seen you smile in three months." he said.

I became nervous and laughed that weird laugh that he likes so much. His smile grew and he wrapped his arms around me, flipping me on top of him.

"I'm not giving up on you. I won't leave you like they did. I just want you to be happy again."

"You promise?" I asked him, laying my head on his chest.

He played with my hair and breathed slowly.

"I promise. You mean way too much to me."

I smiled again. It was a small smile, but it was the beginning to getting better. I finally had a reason to smile. Sudden inspiration hit, and I climbed off of Vic and ran into my living room. I sat down at my keyboard and began to play. Vic came in there and stood behind my keyboard, watching me. I went back and forth, writing down lyrics and playing different chords and notes. And then I finally finished it. I looked up at Vic and grinned.

"I finally finished my song." I beamed at him.

He smiled back and walked around to me.

"You finally smiled a real smile. I forgot how beautiful it was." He said, wrapping his arms around me.

The smile wouldn't leave my face. I think I finally found some inspiration in my life.

"Even when you give up on everyone and everything, and you feel like the magic is all gone, the magic will still come looking for you." Vic said as he kissed me again.

I think the magic found me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like <3