I Know What It's Like

I Know What It's Like

Andy stared out the bus window, lost in deep thought, just like he had been for the past hour. The guys had all left for lunch, but Andy decided he didn't want to go. He just wanted to be left alone to think for once.
"Andy?" Andy cringed at the sound of Ashleys voice from behind him. The last person he really needed to see right now was the one he had been thinking about the whole time. Ashley Purdy. The bassist for the band. "I thought you were with the others..." He frowned.
"No, I... I needed to think..." he sighed, not turning away from the window.
"Well... whatcha thinking about?" Ashley asked curiously as he sat beside Andy. Andy bit his lip, his mind racing as to what he should say seeing as he couldn't just say 'oh I'm just thinking about how beautiful you are. no big deal.'
"Um.... I was thinking about the fans..." He nodded. Ashley waved his hand, motioning for Andy to continue the unfinished lie. "And... what they'd do... if I... if I went outside naked...?" Andy almost slapped himself for saying the dumbest thing ever. However, he noticed the sudden tension. He turned slightly, and peered over at Ashley. He had stiffened and was blushing wildly, causing Andy to smirk.
"I should go..." he squeaked and stood up.
"Oh come on, Ash. You know you'd love it." he laughed.
"No I wouldn't. What makes you think that." he frowned.
"You're gay aren't you?"
"Bi, Andy. I'm Bisexual, meaning I like both girls and guys!" He protested.
"Yeah whatever. Either way." Andy shrugged. "I'm just simply stating, that you'd like it."
"Stop it Andy..." He said through clenched teeth.
"I mean, if I were gay-"
"ANDY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SHUT UP!" he practically screamed. Andy blinked. "Just because I like guys doesn't mean I have to be treated any differently than anyone else! I am a human being regardless of my sexuality! And I'd appreciate if you'd start treating me like one!"
"Ashley... I... I'm sorry..."
Ashley took a deep breath. "Its okay Andy... I got a bit too defensive, besides. You don't know what its like."
"but I do..." he said softly, looking away.
"Wait, what do you mean you do?"
"I'm gay Ashley..."
"Why didn't you tell us...?"
"I was afraid. My entire life I got beaten up and teased for it... I was scared that I'd get the same thing from you guys... Its different for you, you're bi so you like both genders but I... I don't..."
"We're your brothers, Andy. We'd never do that to you." Ashley said as he sat back down.
"What if I told you I liked someone in the band."
"Ive wanted to know that too, actually." ashley scratched the back of his head nervously.
"Who?" Andy asked curiously, slightly relieved.
"...say it at the same time...?" he bit his lip.
"on 3." he nodded. "1....2....3...."
"you." they both said in harmony, leaving them blushing insanely and staring wide eyed at the other.
As if reading Ashleys mind, Andy was first to speak.
"Boyfriends?"
"...only if you want to be." Ashley nodded.
"I'd have to be crazy not to!" Andy laughed and skipped to Ashley happily, hugging him gently.
"Cmon. Let's go tell everyone." Ashley grinned and led Andy off the bus.

Andy smiled to himself. He was no longer forced to hide his feelings and no longer has those secrets he has to worry about.
♠ ♠ ♠
._. This was a really sucky one shot in my opinion but eh. Whatever :P