Status: Hope you like this short story, I would love feedback!(:

Winters Love

I gazed at the snow that sprinkled the looming oak trees, looking like powdered sugar on a white dessert. The sun peeked out from behind the clouds, brilliant yellow light making the snow sparkle like diamonds. It was like magic.

"Merry Christmas, Hadley," A familiar voice whispered to me, and I felt warm cushioned arms wrap around my stomach. It was Charlie, who made this day seem even more enchanting: His clear eyes matched the pale blue sky, and his cheeks were rosy from playing in the snow. In his oversized marshmallow jacket, he looked like his normal self again.

But worry hung over me like a raincloud; My parents were forcing me to move to Florida, to be closer to my sister's college. How could I leave him now, when he needed me the most?

I tried to ignore that thought and let the joy wash over me again. This was perfect. He was perfect.

"Merry Christmas!" I pecked him on the cheek and whirled around, nailing him with the ball of slush I had hidden in my hands, giggling with glee. He gasped, his face dripping with cold ice.

"Gotcha!" I stuck my tongue out at him and scurried away as he gathered some more ammunition, hiding behind one of the large oak trees with my head resting against the bark. Cold winter air bit at my cheeks but my heart was thrumming in my chest like a hummingbird. Being with Charlie made me feel alive again.

Because I knew that this was a love that would last, and I would hold onto him as long as I could.
  1. ~ One ~
    just a short romance drabble :D