Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

Burned Bright

To my surprise, once we were back in Niall’s dorm room that he shared with his four best friends’, nothing changed between Niall and I. Louis and Liam were the only other boys in the room. They quickly told us that Zayn was on a date with Perrie and Harry had left the room a few minutes ago without explanation. The four of us were sitting on the floor and crowded around someone’s laptop as we attempted to watch a movie. I was I remembered what the movie was about. The entire time, I was too focused on Niall sitting next to me. Throughout the eighty minute movie my head was on his shoulder, he was playing with my hair, and I was lying under the blanket with him.

“I’ve already said this, but you’re not so bad.” I said to him in a teasing tone once the movie was over, watching as he rolled his eyes.

“Eventually you’re going to have to let me know whether or not I should be truly happy about that comment.” He retorted, nudging me playfully as well.

I smiled softly but didn’t say much else because I could already hear Louis snoring from his spot on the floor and Liam was getting into his bed. Niall and I got up from our spots on the floor. He walked over to his bed naturally, almost as if he either was expecting me to get into bed with him or he forgot I was there at all.

“Um, Niall,” I began to ask, choosing my words carefully and sounding rather awkward in the process, “Where should I sleep?”

He turned around abruptly and looked confused before the realization appeared back to his face. Clearly, he never had known of a girl that was not willing to sleep next to him. But that option didn’t seem too bad at the moment. Maybe I was just like some of the other girls. Perhaps sleeping next to Niall wouldn’t be such a bad thing.

“Well, you can sleep in Harry’s bed if you want. He probably will be out all night. Besides, he’s usually the cleanest one out of all of us.”

I nodded and Niall gestured to the bed that was across from his own. Once I was in bed, I cuddled up to the pillows and blankets then bit my lip when I saw something on the wall by Harry’s pillow. The pale tan wall was vandalized by a neon pink sharpie that seemed to be visible even in the dark. My best friend’s name was written on the wall in her own handwriting as if she had been marking her property.

It wasn’t hard to see why the two of them found it so hard to get over each other. How could you forget someone if everywhere you turned, something new reminded you of them? For some reason, I felt worse for Harry that for my own best friend. For a long time he was one half of a love that burned bright even in the dark but the next moment, something lingering in the dark tore them apart. I dreadfully wanted a love like that.

The next morning, I snuck back into my own room with Niall right behind me. To my surprise, the couple that was in bed together last night as they worked out their differences was now nowhere to be found. I looked confused and Niall did as well.

"Any idea where they could be right now?"

I shook my head.

"Well, I guess they could have left to grab something to eat." I told him after a few seconds of serious thought.

"Should we go find out?"

"Yeah," I began as I grabbed something I could wear for the day, "I'm just gonna take a quick shower first."

"Alright."

"Can you stay here and take care of Patches?"

"I'd love to take care of your pussy for you."

"Niall?"

"Yes?"

"It's not that serious."

He laughed a bit as I walked out of the room. I went to my shower and was still drying my hair as I made my way back to the dorm room Niall was waiting for me in. When I opened the door, Niall had already fed Patches and he was not sitting down waiting for me.

"Ready to go?" He asked me, already knowing I was too lazy in the mornings to straighten my hair or do my makeup even though it wouldn’t matter much because I would never do either one of those things by myself.

I nodded and followed him out of the room. I locked the door behind me and we made our way downstairs. Without me noticing until a few people gave us strange looks, Niall was holding my hand. But now, it was my turn to give others a strange look. Brianna and Harry were sitting across from each other at a secluded table. And for a few moments, it seemed as though everything was gonna be okay. Brianna’s eyes were puffed and red in a way that could let one know she'd been crying. Harry, on the other hand, looked like he hadn't slept in weeks.

"But why didn't you tell me?" We heard Harry whisper to her, his voice coming out harsher than I would have liked it to.

"Because I didn't want you to act the way you're acting now. And I didst want this to ruin your life. You have so much more to do in life and I felt like this would have only held you back."

"So you thought it was better for my girlfriend to hide something this huge from me?"

"I already told you everything, said sorry, and did all I could to make up for it. What more do you want?"

Harry's knuckles whitened as they gripped the handle of the coffee cup before him and I thought now would be a good time to interrupt them before something else happened. But before I could, Harry got up and stormed away. His shoulder bumped into Nialls as he walked past us, and I'm not entirely sure it was an accident.

"Are you alright?" Niall asked his cousin, true worry in his tone over her current status of emotional stability.

He moved over to sit next to her at the table and his arms wrapped around her. She leaned into him and in turn, her body was pulled closer. I'd love to say I listened to her response. I'd love to say that I was able to help her as much as Niall helped her at that moment. Unfortunately, I was too caught up in watching Niall.

Watching as he sweetly brushed her hair from her face.

Watching that his muscles were a bit flexed around her as if he was ready to protect her from anything in the world.

Watching as he made my resolve dissolve and I slowly warmed up to being able to call Niall Horan mine.

"Gab?" Niall questioned, probably wondering why I was just standing there and watching the two of them instead of actually saying or doing anything helpful. "You're okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I responded, definitely not as convincing as I thought it would be.

I stepped closer to the two of them and l sat on the other side of Niall. He continued his attempts at making his cousin feel better. I felt like a horrible person. My best friend was in ruins and all I could think about was how sweet Niall was acting at the moment. His arms tightened around her protectively and I bit my lip. By the time this vacation finally rolls around, my mind will be a complete mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

One Direction collection