Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

Come With Me

I had rushed around so I could get out of class, only to bump into Niall since he was walking out of the class as well. I whined and rubbed my head in the spot where I had bumped into his broad chest. He chuckled as he helped me steady myself.

“Where are you going in such a rush?” he asked me, a cocky smile still on his face.

Despite how close we had gotten over the last few days, I was never sure how to feel about the smirks and smiles that were always stretching across his face.

“Are you kidding? This is our last class before our trip! I'm surprised no one else is running to finish packing and getting ready.” I said with a shrug as we walked side-by-side back to the dorms.

“Well, I'm sure everyone else is already packed. You seem to be the only one that waited until the last minute.”

“There is no way that all of you are packed already.” I said, only to be met with a shrug, “Are you serious?! Did no one bother to remind me to pack and be ready as early as the rest of you?”

“Well, I didn’t think you would procrastinate this much.”

“I’m pretty sure it doesn’t count as procrastination if I was never planning on doing it anyway.”

“Did you assume that all of your stuff would magically fall into a suitcase?”

“As nice as that would be, I was actually hoping that Brianna would see I haven’t done anything and maybe she’d just do it for me.”

He rolled his eyes playfully at the mention of his favorite cousin but I knew that he was probably more worried than any one of us.

“Has she gotten any better?” he asked after we continued walking for a few moments in silence.

“Well, she’s started to wake up early again,” I said with a shrug, happy that at least some of her normal behavior was back to the daily routine, “But she has read The Fault In Our Stars at least five times in the last few days.”

“Is that a bad thing?” he asked, not too sure if that should make him more worried for her safety.

“Well, she cries each time but it’s not a heart-wrenching sob anymore.”

He smiled softly. “I need to go put some last minute stuff into my suitcase, I’ll see you tomorrow morning?” he asked, biting down on his bottom lip once we walked into the dorm.

I nodded and was looking down at phone as I spoke to him, trying to make a list of everything I needed so I wouldn’t forget anything that was actually important.

“Yeah, of course. Text me if you need me.” I turned and walked up to my room.

Upon entering, I smiled softly when I saw that my purple suitcase was pulled towards the door. It was obviously stuffed to the brim which meant that Brianna had done exactly what I was hoping for her to do. I grabbed the small white paper that was on top of it in order to read the messy script written there ‘Gab, Went to get some smoothies with Perrie. I packed for you. Make sure everything is ready!! ♥ ♥’

I rolled my eyes playfully and opened up the suitcase just to make sure I knew where everything was and just in case she had forgotten something. Once I was done, I plopped down on my bed with my laptop. I had been watching Gossip Girl for what seemed like decades when Brianna walked in, still smiling with a new smoothie in her hands.

“Hi beautiful,” she began as she walked towards me, slipping out of her flip flops in the process so she’d be a bit more comfortable, “I got you a smoothie.”

I raised an eyebrow as I took it from her. After putting the straw in and sipping at my favorite strawberry banana smoothie, I looked back over at her. She was looking down at her chipping nail polish.

“You’re in a very good mood today. What’s going on?” I asked her, a little confused by her new smiley demeanor.

“I had a really good day with Perrie.” She said after a small shrug, neither one of them had classes today because of their AP schedules so they had decided to spend the day together.

“Is that all it takes to put you in a good mood?” I asked in a teasing tone, obviously happy for her despite the teasing, “Some smoothies and a trip to the hair salon to get your roots fixed?”

She shrugged again, still smiling and reminding me how much I missed her smile. It was good to see her so happy, especially because it meant that I could turn my attention away from her and towards one of her relatives.

“Well, are you excited about the trip tomorrow?” I asked her, sipping at my smoothie again and knowing that she must be ecstatic right about now.

“Actually, I’m not too sure if I still want to go.” She mumbled, biting her lip as if she knew I was about to get angry at her.

“What?! You can’t just say you don’t want to go. Especially now. You’re the one who organized this whole thing. And you’re already packed. And you already packed for me. You need to go! I can’t go without you!”

“I just don’t think I’ll have as much fun as I thought I would have.”

“Why not?” She looked up at me as if to silently answer my question and I groaned in response, sounding like my bratty younger cousin. “I want you to go, don’t think about Harry, don’t think about Niall, and don’t even think about yourself. Just think about me. I’m your best friend. Don’t you want me to be happy?”

“Of course I want you to be happy-”

“-then I guess you need to finish getting all of your stuff together because you sitting next to me tomorrow on the way to the trip, will make me happy.” I said, smiling wide at her and watching as he bit her lip.

“I’ll think about it. But I’m not promising you anything so don’t get too excited.” She mumbled as she ruffled her newly dyed hair.

I knew she wanted to go, but I knew it would be hard for her to handle. The next morning, everyone else was downstairs and putting their bags into the huge van that was rented earlier while I was still upstairs in the bedroom because my best friend was suddenly not willing to finish getting ready even though she was the one who had planned this whole trip from the beginning. She was looking down at her phone, most likely on Instagram, and she was completely ignoring me while I begged her to get off of the little bean bag on the floor so she could leave with the rest of us.

“Brianna, please, just get up. This whole thing was your idea anyway. I don’t understand where all of this is coming from, but you're going to regret it if you don’t come with us.” I whined, walking towards her and sitting on her lap so I could push her phone away and she’s pay attention to me.

She sighed and nudged me softly so she could grab her phone from where it was squeezed underneath me.

“I don’t want to go anymore and I'm sure you can guess why.”

“If this is because you broke up with Harry-”

“-it’s not only because we broke up, it’s because I don’t want to sit around on an island and watch my ex-boyfriend trying to have sex with anything that walks and has a nice tan. I would prefer to stay in my dorm and watch Gossip Girl on Netflix.”

Before I could say anything else to try and convince her to join us on the trip, Niall walked in and looked at both of us in confusion. He was obviously looking for us downstairs while everyone else was getting their stuff together.

“What are you two doing? We leave for the trip in like thirty minutes.” Niall mumbled, walking towards both of us.

I sighed and got up, walking towards him and standing beside him. “Your cousin doesn’t want to go on the trip anymore.”

“Why?” he asked as he turned his attention away from me and towards the brooding blonde sitting a few feet away from us, “Are you still heartbroken over Harry?”

“I’m not heartbroken-”

“-then prove it.” Niall easily interrupted his cousin before she started yelling at both of us, “If you aren’t heartbroken and you don’t care about him anymore, then prove it. Get up, grab your suitcase, and let’s go.”

She bit her lip but got up, messily pulling her long blonde hair up into a bun on the top of her head as she grabbed her sunglasses. Niall and I were both already ready so we just waited by the door for her to put on her sandals and walk towards us.

“Alright, let’s go.” She mumbled softly as Niall grabbed her bag.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gab Brianna

(the updates will be weekly from now on. sorry for the super-long hiatus)

FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr for more updates and weekly announcements

Don't forget to comment, recommend and subscribe!!!