Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

Crushes

The time had finally passed and I was currently sitting next to Brianna on the plane. An eight hour flight was definitely not what I was looking forward to but luckily I knew I could sleep through it as I usually did. I spread the cartoony blanket out around Brianna and I then cuddled into my seat. In seconds, I was asleep.

Gentle hands jostled me awake hours later and I opened my eyes to see my best friend looking at me with an amused expression. I rolled my eyes playfully and she smiled again.

“Get up. We already landed and they started letting people off the plane.”

I groaned and shook my head, covering myself up with the blanket again and earning a whine from my best friend. She pulled the blanket away from me and started to fold it so that she could put it back into the bag we used to carry it into the plane. Brianna stood up at the same time that Niall and Liam were passing by us in the aisle. Like any other girl with any other stupid crush, my heartbeat sped up when I saw him.

“We’ll all meet up by the luggage then head to the hotel?” Niall asked his cousin, verifying the plans since the two of them were the ones who had planned the trip anyway.

“Yeah, of course. Oh, by the way, can you do me a huge favor and start grabbing everyone’s stuff?” she began to request of him, “I don’t wanna wait around for all of the luggage. It’s late and I think we should head to the hotel as soon as possible.”

He nodded, sleepily ruffled his hair then walked off the plane with the guys following right behind him. Brianna and I both started to grab our smaller bags by our seats as we got off the plane as well, already some of the last people by our seats.

“So…” Brianna began again, somewhat awkwardly as if she wasn’t sure how to continue with her thought, “When exactly did you start to have a huge fan girl crush on my cousin?”

“What?!” I practically screamed, catching the attention of a few people around us but luckily it was no one that we knew because everyone in our group was already by the luggage.

“Don’t pretend it isn’t true. I know I’ve been kind of out of it because of everything that has been happening with Harry and all that, but I can tell something weird is going on. Has he tried anything on you?”

“Not really anything out of the ordinary. He actually calmed down most of his attempts.”

“Wait. So he gave up on getting you in bed, and now you started to somehow be fond of him.”

“Basically.”

She nodded as she thought about it more but nothing else could have been said because we were already in the group with everyone else. A few people looked at us suspiciously, probably wondering why ten teenagers were in an airport with no sign of adult supervision.

“I already called the company. They’re sending four cars. They should all be here in a few minutes.” Niall said to Brianna and I with a smile on his face as he dragged our suitcases over to us.

“Four?” I questioned, wondering exactly how ten people were going to evenly distribute into four different cars.

“Yeah. They didn’t have a fifth car for some reason and if I got any less than four, there wouldn’t be enough room for everyone’s bags.”

I nodded slowly, still thinking about who I would end up in the car with. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time to think it over anymore because the cars had arrived and Niall was ushering us out of the airport so that we could get into the cars.

The hotel was beautiful and I wished I had more time to look it over and enjoy the sights around it as well as the intrinsic designs that the hotel contained. I was lying down on a hotel room bed before I knew it, for once falling asleep at a reasonable time.

We had arrived in Hawaii just last night and for once, I was awake in the morning before my best friend. I already took a shower, put on my tanning lotion and got ready. A knock on our hotel room door distracted me from braiding my hair and I went over to open it. Without even waiting for me to greet them, the other three girls walked into the room in a fit of giggles and smiles. I closed the door behind them.

“Is she alright? She’s usually awake by now.” Perrie said to me once the giggles lessened.

I shrugged and finally finished braiding my unruly thick hair.

“I fell asleep before her last night so I’m not entirely sure.” I responded.

A second later, Brianna threw one of the pillows on her bed at me and I smiled slightly.

“It’s nice to know you haven’t died yet.” Eleanor teased.

Brianna groaned again then finally sat up in her bed. She looked around the room sleepily then picked up her phone, most likely checking the time. Another knock sounded at the door but I didn’t have time to walk over to open it before Niall was walking into the room. He wore only his swimming trunks and sneakers with sunglasses perched atop his nose and a towel resting over one of his shoulders.

“Everyone is down by the pool, are you guys coming?” he asked us.

The three pretty girls sitting on my bed nodded then stood up to follow Niall out of the room. I looked over at Brianna and she shrugged.

“I’m going to get ready. You can go. I’ll meet you there.” She told all of us, Niall especially because he had been rather wary about leaving her alone lately.

Niall nodded and left but I stayed behind, claiming that I had to text my mother to let her know we had safely arrived in the hotel last night. I closed the door behind my four friends and looked over to see Brianna taking some clothes out of her suitcase so she could get dressed after her shower.

“Who did you end up with on the drive to the hotel?” Brianna asked me, her best attempt at making small talk and filling the silenced air in the room.

“Oh, I was with Eleanor and Niall. Somehow the couples ended up getting split up.” I responded while picking at the split ends at the bottom of my braid.

“Well, at least it wasn’t a long ride over here. I'm sure it would’ve been catastrophic for most of them if it was.”

I nodded but didn’t say anything in response since I wasn’t even sure what I should say. Brianna sighed, sat down on her bed and looked at me.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you had a crush on Niall?” She asked me, apparently much more upset and disgruntled about it than I thought she was.

“What do you mean? We talked about Niall last night when we were getting out of the airport.”

“I mean before that. Obviously you had some sort of feelings for him before. We all knew that. You just neglected to tell me that those feelings were now positive.”

“Niall and I are just friends, Brianna. It’s not a big deal.”

“No. Zayn and I are just friends. You and Niall clearly have something between the two of you.”

“I guess I just didn’t realize it. I also didn’t want to stress you over anything. You’ve kinda been a mess ever since Harry broke up with you.”

“Harry and I aren’t even so upset at each other anymore. We both agreed that we want to move past it.”

“When did you agree on that?”

“Last night. I ended up in the car with Harry. It was just the two of us and we started talking.”

I sighed. “You complain that I didn’t tell you about Niall, but you didn’t tell me this about Harry.”

“You can’t be mad at me. When I got to the room you were already asleep and I literally just woke up.”

I bit my lip softly. I knew she was right but I was still wondering what would become of her and Harry. She went into the bathroom and I walked in once I knew she would be covered by the shower curtain anyway.

"Bri, do you think Niall would ever settle down?" I asked her, not realizing how serious that sentence sounded until it was out of my mouth.

She laughed at my question.

"He's young and girls find him attractive. I don't think he's going to settle down in the way you're thinking for a while."

I sighed and pushed some stray hairs away from my face even though I knew they'd be back in my eyes after a few seconds of staying in place.

"Well, I didn't mean that we were going to settle down to get married. I meant settle down enough for us to actually be in a relationship. I'd hate to be his girlfriend if he's still having sex with other girls."

"As much as I love you, and as much as I love him, I think it's going to be hard for you two to be together. He's always kinda been the same. But, I don't know how he feels so I shouldn't be making those statements."

The water from the shower stopped, and luckily, a towel was wrapped around her behind I saw anything I didn't want to see. I stepped out of the bathroom for a moment. She dried off quickly and pulled her hair up, grabbing the tanning oil and walking down with me. Her big sunglasses were taking up most of her face and while everyone else was in the pool, Brianna stayed by the side to tan while Harry went to the bar with Niall.

"You're sure you don't want to go in the pool with us?" I asked Brianna, just to make sure.

She shrugged a bit and tightened the strings on my bathing suit for me so that it wasn't falling off of me as it was before.

"I'll go in tomorrow. I just wanna relax for now. Don't worry about me." She explained, nudging me playfully when she was done with the bathing suit.

I nodded and walked over to the pool. I jumped in like everyone else had, watching my best friend from the corner of my eye even though I knew she'd be fine. A deep chuckling from someone behind me pulled my eyes away from her and I turned, my face met with Niall's as I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Why are you laughing at me?" I whined a bit as one of his arms wrapped around me as if to hold me in place.

"Shush, you know I'm only teasing. I actually came over here to thank you." He said, confusing me even more.

"Niall, what are you thanking me for?"

"Are you kidding? You've been my cousin's best friend for years. I know it isn't always easy. But, I think it's sweet how much you care for her."

"Really?" I asked him, blushing softly as I watched him nod and he chuckled more when he saw the pink tint on my face.

"Of course I think it's sweet." He said, shrugging softly, "by the way, it might not be necessary for much longer."

I looked at him confused then quickly turned to look at Brianna to see that Harry was now sitting beside her and they seemed to be having a pretty close conversation.

"If they get back together, you own me a date." He teased, reminding me of a playful bet that we had made a few days ago via text.

I groaned teasingly but nodded anyway.

"I know, it better be a good date though." I said to him, watching him not as his wet hair moved along his face.

"Of course, anything for you."
♠ ♠ ♠
gab bri

Follow me on Tumblr so that you can be the first to know about updates, cancellations, or special promos.