Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

Fin

Almost seconds after the speaking about the playful bet between the two of us, a movement in the corner of my eye caught my attention. I glanced over to see that Brianna, my sweet yet hare-brained best friend, was straddling her supposed ex-boyfriend. Their lips were pressed together and once everyone followed my gaze, the cat calls began. A chuckle left Niall’s lips and I turned my head slightly to look at him.

“Well, I guess I’ll pick you up tonight around six.” His accented voice said to me before he ended up getting pulled away by Liam.

Nervous was an understatement. I had no idea what I should wear. I had no idea how I should dress. Worst of all, I was still not sure if it was a good idea to go on a date with my best friend’s cousin. Especially since he was notorious for changing the girl on his arm as the seasons changed.

Yet I still found myself searching for the right outfit that night despite the fact that I was presented with very limited options. I ended up settling for some dark wash shorts and a bright, floral tank top that I would most likely pair with some strappy sandals.

“Are you mad at me for going out with Niall?” I asked my best friend, startling her a bit since she had been looking down at her phone until I mentioned anything.

Her eyes held nothing but confusion and I could tell that my worry was unnecessary. She shrugged her petite shoulders and put her phone down before she started talking.

“Don’t get me wrong, it’s a little weird to think of the two people I’m closest to dating. But I know that you like him.” She answered simply before walking towards me so that she could do my makeup as I had asked her to do earlier today.

“But, do you have a problem with it?”

“Of course I don’t.” she shrugged once again, “Do you think that I should have a problem with it?”

“No,” I began to say before I sighed softly, “I just don’t want any of this to be weird for you. That’s all.”

“It’s just a date.” She reminded with a small smile on her face as she dug through her over-sized makeup bag for the right foundation that would match my newly tanned skin.

“And if it gets serious?”

“Are you planning on getting serious with my cousin?”

“I’m planning on just seeing where this goes. I don’t want to rush into anything that’s too serious.”

“Gab, I highly doubt he has any relationship plans that you’re unable to handle.”

Before I could say anything else, she began to rub a minty primer into my tired skin. If all else failed, my best friend would make an amazing makeup artist. I was left alone with my thoughts for the next few moments until she finally moved on to filling in my already thick eyebrows.

“He’s not just using me, right?” I asked her quietly, not really sure if I was prepared for her answer no matter what it was.

“Of course not.” She answered simply before putting the brown pomade away, making me groan dramatically.

“Then why do you say that he probably doesn’t have any relationship plans for us?”

“Because we’re teenagers.” She said with a small laugh.

“So what? You and Harry are like the poster couple for a perfect relationship.” I reminded while she rolled her eyes.

Instead of taking anything else out, my best friend stopped what she was doing and she looked into my eyes. For some reason, I was relaxed almost instantly. We took a deep breath in unison before I noticed her stifling a laugh.

“Look, just do what you had planned.” She began to say to me while digging through the makeup again, “Act casual, don’t take anything too seriously, and go with the flow. Don’t let anything else affect this. Okay?”

“What about you?”

“Don’t worry about me. If you two start to get serious, I’ll adjust. We’ll all adjust.” She told me as she finished up with the light eyeshadow that she was applying to accentuate my brown eyes, “Honestly, I’m just surprised that he mustered up the courage to ask you out.”

“Well, we kinda made a bet.” I mumbled quietly, making her roll her eyes.

“You bet that you would go out with him if I got back together with Harry, didn’t you?”

“Maybe.”

Almost as soon as she finished my makeup, there was a knock at the door, signaling that Niall had arrived to pick me up. A small squeak left my lips and I kissed Brianna’s cheek before walking to the door. The brightest of smiles spread across his lips as I walked out of the spacious hotel room. Little did I know it, but that night with Niall set the rest of my life into motion.

The date, as expected on such short notice, was simple. We had dinner at a nice restaurant a few steps away from the hotel, we walked along the waves of the beach, and he kissed me when he dropped me off at the hotel room that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it took me a while to update this but I have been super busy and I decided to put an end to a lot of my stories so I decided that I should wrap this up as nicely as possible.

Be sure to follow me on Wattpad!!

I am following everyone back and I am posting edited, perfected, versions of every story there!!