Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

Spanish Class

listen

When the time on Brianna’s phone read eight thirty, Danielle, Eleanor, Perrie, Brianna, and I said our goodbyes to the boys before leaving their room and rushing to our own dorm rooms so that we wouldn't be caught out after curfew. The other three girls walked down the hall to the room the three of them shared, 2E, while Brianna and I walked into our spacious pink and green room.

"I'm so tired." I said with a whine as I changed into my pajamas and walked up to my bed.

"It's only your first day here and you haven't even been to any of you classes yet, you can't be that exhausted. Wait a minute, it’s only eight thirty…” my best friend said as she picked up the clothes I had carelessly tossed on the floor and put them in the hamper by the entrance.

“Don’t tell me how to live my life.”

“Just go to bed Gabriella.”

“Alright. Say no to drugs and all that shit.” I grumbled as I cuddled under the blanket with a stuffed animal that I had pulled off of Brianna’s bed a few minutes ago.

“I don’t say “no” to drugs. I say “no thank you” because I wasn’t raised in a fucking barn like some of you hoodlums.”

I rolled my eyes at her words and watched as she made sure that the door was locked then walked back to her dresser on the opposite side of my own to pull out some clean pajamas before cleaning up the room a little bit more.

"Brianna," I began as she was getting dressed and I was messing around with the pillows on my bed that was just a few feet away from hers, "I really did miss you and Harry so much while I was back in New York, I'm so happy to be here with you guys now."

"I'm happy you're here too. Go to bed, boobear." she said in a sweet tone that mirrored the one I had just used.

"Aren't you going to bed too?"

"No, I have to do something first."

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"No Gab, it's not even your real first day here. I don't want you to already be doing my homework. Besides, we need to wake up really early tomorrow morning."

"How early?" I asked her cautiously, knowing that she had the tendency to wake up in the morning before the sun did no matter what time she managed to fall asleep the night before.

"We have a lot of stuff to do before you go to your first class at eight, so I guess so I'll probably wake up at like five thirty and you'll wake up at seven."

"Okay then," I said with a small chuckle since I knew how right she was, "Good night sunshine."

"Good night boobear. Sleep tight." she said before disappearing under her bed where her desk was sitting.

I heard the familiar charm of her turning on her expensive laptop and a few seconds later the rhythmic tapping of her fingers on the keyboard as she fixed her essay again is what somehow managed to lull me to sleep.

“Gabs! Wake up!” my best friend’s voice yelled at me early in the morning.

Unfortunately for me, my happy and eccentric blonde best friend was way too much of a morning person when compared to me and after what felt like a grand total of about twelve seconds of sleep, I felt her shaking me awake.

"Leave me alone, Brianna!" I grumbled as I pulled the blanket over my head to block out the lights in an attempt to receive a few more hours, minutes, or even seconds of sleep.

"If you at least sit up, I'll leave you alone."

The second that the words left her mouth, I sat up quickly while rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. She walked away from me and I noticed then that she had already showered, gotten dressed and finished with her hair meaning that all she had left to do was her makeup so it was about time for me to wake up and get out of bed anyway.

"What time is it?" I asked her other a yawn, not sure if I wanted to know the answer as I took my hair out of the messy bun that it was in on top of my head.

"It's six forty five."

"Do you know what I never understood?"

"What?" she asked with an amused smile, simply going along with what I was saying.

"Why isn’t forty spelled with a 'u' in it?"

"Because no one likes 'u.' Now that we have all of that out of the way, can you kindly do me a huge favor and wake the fuck up?"

I laughed at her words and got out of my bed with a small smile on my face. After I gathered some clean clothes and my necessary toiletries, I walked out of the dorm room that we shared and made my way towards where I knew the shower room was just down the hall. On my way, I bumped into someone and sent our items crashing down to the floor including my phone.

"Sorry." I began as I bent down to pick up my already scratched phone that had just fallen from my hands.

"It's alright, I guess." the other person said to me as he picked up his book that I knocked out of his hands, his semi-familiar Irish accent making me look up in surprise and be met with the same exact blue eyes that my best friend had.

"Niall?" I questioned as I examined him a little more, making the boys blue eyes widen as if he didn't know who I was and he was surprised that I knew his name, "Don't tell me that you honestly don't remember me! I'm your cousin’s best friend."

"Oh, Gabriella, right?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, I guess I'll see you later than." he said awkwardly, clearly not really wanting to continue the conversation.

I felt my eyebrows furrow together in confusion as he walked away from me and I continued my walk to the showers. Once I reached them, I chose the stall farthest from the door and stripped of my clothing. My shower was short since I knew I still had to pick up my schedule before I went to my classes so the second my shower was done, I quickly got dressed and rushed back to my dorm room.

"Why do you always take so long to do your makeup?" I asked my best friend as I walked in, noticing that she was still touching up the large amount of liquid eyeliner that was laying on her upper lid in an attempt to make the eyeliner on both eyes look exactly the same.

"It's not a bad thing to strive for perfection." she said making me roll my eyes and she put the eyeliner away, "Can I straighten your hair?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I took the grey hair tie out of my soaking wet chocolate brown hair. Twenty minutes later, my thick hair was now straight and falling around my shoulders. I placed my black glasses on my face and stood up, grabbing my book bag in the process.

"Are you ready to go to the office?" Brianna asked me as she toyed with the necklace she was wearing that matched the one hanging from my neck.

I nodded my head happily and she laced her fingers with mine before we walked out of the dorm room and made our way to the office in the other building so that I could finally pick up my schedule.

"Brianna," the secretary sitting behind the mahogany desk began with a groan when we walked into the spacious and elegant office, "classes haven't even started yet. Please don’t tell me you’re already in trouble…"

"Of course I'm not in trouble, Mrs. Murphy. It's my best friend Gabriella's first day here and she needs her schedule."

"Oh, okay then. What's your last name, honey?" she asked me with a welcoming smile on her face.

"Olsen. I just transferred here from a school in New York." I told her.

“You're from New York and you're best friend is Brianna?”

“Yeah, why?” I asked her, slightly confused at the question she was asking me.

“Let’s just hope you're nothing like your friend here…”

“Oh, we’re nothing alike.”

“Don’t be mean to me!” Brianna whined, nudging my shoulder lightly and making the secretary and I chuckle at her actions.

Mrs. Murphy tried her hardest to hold back a smile and she stood up, searching through a file cabinet and pulling out a manila folder. Her fingers searched through the many papers that were there and eventually, she pulled two papers out of it and handed both of them to me.

"The pink paper is your schedule. You need to get the white paper signed by each teacher you have today so that we have a record of you being in your classes on your first day. Try not to be late like your friend here."

"I resent that..." Brianna grumbled with her voice trailing off slightly at the end even though I knew very well that unless it was a class she really liked, she was very rarely present.

The two of us walked out of the main office together and Brianna held my schedule in her hand as she tried to figure out what classes we had together.

"Why don't we have any classes together except for P.E. and music history?! This isn’t fair!"

"Um, maybe because this is a performing arts school and not only do I have no musical talent at all but you're also only taking A.P. and honor classes..." I said as I ripped my schedule from her hands and looked over it for myself.

"Shut up Gabriella. If you had no musical talent you wouldn't have been able to get into this school in the first place."

"I got in for music production and DJ stuff."

She rolled her blue eyes at my words and looked over my shoulder to check my schedule again.

"I think you have your first class with Zayn and Niall.” she said as she bit her bottom lip and tried to remember what classes they had and if they would be in my Spanish class.

"I wish you were in my Spanish class, I could pick your brain and get the right answers for everything." I whined, making her roll her eyes again as we walked into the school building.

"I don't even take a language. I replaced it with an extra music class since I already had all my language credits."

"You don't need to show off, Brianna..."

"You know that I'll help you with your homework whenever you need my help. I always have to help Harry out with his homework anyway."

She stopped in front of a large, intimidating looking wooden door that had 101 on it in golden letters and looked at me with her hand resting on the doorknob.

"Are you ready for your first class at Haze Academy?" she asked in a posh tone that made me scoff and roll my eyes.

"Ugh, move over Brianna."

She chuckled slightly and opened the door for me to step in. A few students were already in there talking to their friends at their desks and the teacher was sitting at her wooden desk in the front of the classroom. As I walked further into the room, a few of the students turned to me and whispered to their friends while they tried to figure out who I was.

"Hi, I'm Gabriella Olsen. I'm new here." I said to the teacher in a slightly nervous tone.

"Welcome, I'm Mrs. Valera. I guess I'll be your Spanish teacher for the rest of the year." she said in a welcoming tone as she signed her name on the paper that I had to hand in to the office later today once I had a signature from each of the teachers.

She reached over to the other side of the desk, handing me the textbook and the matching workbook that I would need for this class.

"Where should I sit?" I asked her, hearing the bell ring and seeing that Zayn was now sitting in the back of the classroom with an empty desk next to him and his gaze focused outside of the window.

"You can sit wherever you want. There aren't assigned seats in this class."

I nodded my head and folded up the paper before sliding it into the right back pocket of my jeans. My shoes made the smallest of noises on the tiled floor beneath my feet as I walked to the back of the room and sat down next to Zayn. The movement he saw out of the corner of his eye as I sat down caught his attention and he turned around to face me, a smile forming on his face when he saw it was me.

"Hi Gab, I didn't know you had this class with me." he said with his smile still plastered across his face.

I opened my mouth to reply to him but ended up being cut off when the teacher started talking from where she stood in the front of the classroom.

"Alright class," she began in a soft tone, "so today we’re going to just go over the basics and get you all prepared for the test that you're going to be taking at the end of the week. Everyone please open your books to page-"

Her words were cut off when the door opened roughly and a semi-familiar blonde stepped through the door a moment later. The teacher groaned when she saw him and a small smirk appeared on Niall's face as he leaned against the door frame.

"Why are you late, Niall?" she asked him, running a frustrated hand through her thin brown hair.

Niall shrugged his shoulders and the other students in the class except for Zayn and I laughed at his actions as if they were the funniest things in the world.

"To be perfectly honest, I was debating whether or not I was even going to come in to class today." Niall said as he walked towards the back of the class towards an empty seat in the corner.

"Ugh, you're just like your cousin..."

The class broke out into even more laughter once Brianna was mentioned since it was true and the cousins were actually incredibly similar for some reason. A small smile found its way to my face as everyone else laughed, my eyes focused on Niall's smiling face as he walked to his seat and sat down.
♠ ♠ ♠
FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

One Direction collection