Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

Spring Break

listen

It's actually pretty sad to say that one of the happiest moments in my life was that very night when I was finally lying under the warm green covers of my bed with my eyes closed as I attempted to drift off to sleep. Obviously, I tried my hardest to let the sleep engulf me. I closed my eyes and daydreamed about everything under the sun like I usually did. A few small grumbles came from Brianna's sleeping form on the bed parallel to mine as she spoke nonsense in the sleep. Noise in the corner of the room made me groan and from the sound of it, the noise woke Brianna up as well.

“Pssst!” she whispered.

“What do you want?”

“Did you hear that?”

“Leave me alone Brianna…” I said with a sigh as I turned to cuddle more into the blankets and pillows like I was before she woke me up.

"Gabriella!" she whispered from across the pink and green room again, this time a little more forcefully.

"Why are you whispering anyway? The only person that is actually sleeping, or trying to sleep, in this room is me and I'm clearly awake thanks to you." I grumbled, almost able to see her roll her eyes at my words even though the room was extremely dark.

"My boyfriend fell and he can't get up! Hurry, I think you might need to call an ambulance!"

"Just go pick up the poster and shut the fuck up about it already." I muttered angrily in reply, covering my head with one of the many pillows that were littering my bed.

"Ugh, you're so unnecessarily pushy and angry at me at night..." she stated before getting out of her pink bed and walking across the room to pick up the poster and put it back on the wall where it belonged.

"It's past my bedtime, Brianna-Bridgette Horan. I love you, but if you know what’s good for you, you’ll just leave me alone right now and just stay quiet."

"I love you too."

"Mhm."

Sleep easily took my body over once I was covered from head to toe in a mixture of blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals. Small footsteps echoed throughout the dorm room while I was trying to sleep almost as if someone was trying their hardest to either sneak in or out and I opened my eyes once more to see my blonde haired best friend getting back into her brightly colored pink bed across from mine.

"And where exactly were you just now?" I asked her cautiously with an eyebrow cocked even though I knew she couldn't see it since our room was too dark right now.

"Don’t judge me right now, Gabriella. I really had to pee." she whispered in reply as she cuddled up with a large stuffed animal Harry won for her years ago once she was under the pink sheets of her bed.

"Do you often feel the need to pee at three in the morning?"

"Do you often feel the need to judge people for peeing at three in the morning."

"Well now that you mention it, yes I do."

Brianna laughed loudly at my words and I smiled as well. After a handful of brief seconds of silence had passed between us in our large dorm room, I closed my big brown eyes and slowly tried my hardest to drift off to sleep again.

“Psst, Gab!”

“No.” I mumbled.

“Gabriella! I need to tell you something!”

“This really cannot seriously be happening to me again…” I whined as I covered my face with my pillow to ignore her.

"Do you want to know what I really don’t understand right now?" she asked me in an overly excited tone, apparently fully awake despite the fact that she actually only slept for about half of the time that I had managed to sleep.

"No, but I know that you’re probably going to tell me." I replied with a yawn as I covered my mouth.

"Why are toilets always so loud?! I was half asleep when I went to pee and now I’m wide awake because when I flushed it sounded like a fucking mariachi band just started playing for me."

"Since when does the toilet here sound like a mariachi band?"

"Gabriella, shut up. You know what I meant."

"It's probably kind of sad, but I actually do understand you." I began as yet another yawn passed by my lips and I turned around in my bed to face the wall, "I'm going back to sleep now."

“Okay.”

Hours after I had finally closed my eyes to fall asleep again and the morning half of my extraordinarily boring classes were finally over, we were all sitting down at a rather large table in the mess hall for lunch. Harry, Liam, Danielle, Eleanor, Louis, Perrie, Zayn, and I all took up one of the tables towards the back of the dining room.

“You don’t look happy.” Zayn commented when he looked at me with a small frown on his face.

“I’m not happy.” I sighed.

“Why not?” Danielle asked me before she put a small French fry into her mouth.

"It's only my second day here, it’s only lunch, and I'm already contemplating burning down the school," I began as I angrily picked at the salad in front of me before looking out at the group of my new found friends, "How do you guys even deal with this?"

"I don't think any of us actually manage to deal with it." Zayn replied simply, stating what seemed to be on the mind of everyone else at the table since they all nodded their head in agreement to what he said as well.

"I think people in this school should just appreciate the large amount of effort I have to put into not becoming a serial killer every day." Harry said as he stifled a yawn.

"Guys, I just realized something..." Perrie said with her voice trailing off slightly as she reached the end of her sentence.

"I think I might have realized it as well..." Liam added on in the same tone of voice that Perrie had just used in her own sentence.

"What exactly did you two realize simultaneously?" I asked them both in a clearly frustrated tone, not really wanting to deal with anybody right now since I was not only exhausted due to a lack of sleep but I was also overwhelmed with piles upon piles of schoolwork.

"Well, if you take the time to look around the table for a few seconds, you will realize that we are currently missing two fake blonde Irish people." Louis told me simply before he took a small tip from his orange Soda.

I felt my thin eyebrows furrow together in confusion before looking around for a moment to see that he was actually right and they were nowhere to be found. My mind ran wild for a moment as I tried to figure out whether or not Brianna told me she was doing something today and would maybe be unable to be with us at lunch. When nothing came up to explain her absence, I looked around the rest of the room to see Brianna and Niall both walking into the room with an air of rambunctious laughter surrounding them.

"Would you look at that?" Eleanor said with a chuckle in her tone as she watched the pair step closer and closer to us once they grabbed their lunch.

"Wow, it's tweedle-blonde and tweedle-blonder." I grumbled before spearing a cherry tomato and popping it into my mouth.

The rest of the people at the table and the few tables surrounding us that heard me let out small chuckles as they tried to limit their laughter since Brianna and Niall had just arrived at our table.

“Why are you guys laughing?” Brianna asked us in a confused tone, sitting down next to Harry and pressing a small peck to his lips.

“We were making fun of you and Niall for being blonde.” Harry said, making Brianna pout.

“Well that’s pretty fucking mean considering how nice Niall and I just were to all of you!” Brianna yelled in surprise and mock anger.

“Yeah guys, you're all so mean!” Niall exclaimed in mock anger as he looked at all of us, acting in the same way that his cousin had.

“Alright, fine.” I said with a sigh, “What did the two of you do that was so fucking nice anyway?!”

“So Niall and I talked to my mother-” Brianna began.

“And we talked to my parents as well.”

“Yeah, we talked to his parents as well. and they decided that they’ll pay for the ten of us to go to Hawaii this year for spring break!”

Everyone cheered happily at the thought of being with their best friends in Hawaii for two weeks. However, the only thing running through my mind was the thought of being left alone in an awkward situation with Niall.

“You're going, right boobear?” Brianna asked me when she noticed the expression clearly etched onto my face right now.

“Oh, I'm not really sure. I don’t think my mom will let me go. You know how my parents can be sometimes…” I said, not really wanting to go but not wanting to say no.

“They're fine with it. I already called your mom and I texted your dad. They told me to tell you that you need to watch me so I don’t get in trouble.”

“Yay, that’s great!” I said in a fake excited tone that luckily everyone believed.

Yeah, just great…
♠ ♠ ♠
FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

One Direction collection

Don’t forget my perfect best friend’s stories she’s amazing and you’ll regret not reading them!