Status: Completed!!!

Rock the World

Patches

listen

I was lying down on my bed with a container of frozen yogurt in one hand and a spoon in the other as I tried to explain to Brianna why I was having an issue with Niall. She was lying down in her bed playing with Harry’s hair and her thin eyebrows furrowed together a tad.

“Sunshine, look at me,” I said. Her eyes easily looked towards me and I could stare into the endless sea of confusion, “Do you understand?”

She continued to look at me in confusion despite the fact that I had been trying to explain this to her for over an hour. A loud groan left my mouth and she sighed.

"I’m sorry, boobear. I don't get it. Why exactly are you mad at him?" she asked me as she fiddled with a -piece of her bright blonde hair that earned her the nickname of ‘sunshine’.

I groaned in frustration and threw one of the bright green decorative pillows on my bed at her.

"Are you listening to me at all, Brianna?!" I exclaimed angrily.

"Of course I'm listening to you, Gabriella. You're just not making any sense. Why are you mad at Niall for having sex with her if you guys weren't together then and you aren't together now?"

"I'm not mad at him. I'm mad at this whole situation."

"And that's supposed to make sense to me? Keep in mind I’m the same girl who had an average of a forty-seven in geometry last year…" my best friend asked me, still a little confused.

"Well, look at it from my point of view. I just don't want Niall to drop me as easily as he dropped her." I muttered.

She sighed again and shook Harry awake since he had fallen asleep on her bed hours ago because she was playing with his brown hair. He looked up at her with a pout on his lips.

"What’s going on, baby?" he asked her as he cuddled up to the pillows again and pulled her body towards his.

"Help me and my lovely best friend, Gabriella. We're having issues." Brianna said to him simply.

“I’m not a girl. I'm only a young British boy, I can’t handle much of this girl talk. Maybe I shouldn’t come hang out in your room now that Gabriella lives here too.” he mumbled, still half asleep.

“You used to spend all your free time in my room with me.” Brianna said, making her boyfriend roll his eyes playfully.

“Well, we weren’t exactly talking…”

She groaned and slapped his chest lightly.

“Just help us.” she demanded.

He nodded his head and sat up a little.

"I’m guessing you're having issues with Niall again?" he asked me with a small yawn leaving his mouth, already having overheard the conversations between Brianna and I about Niall countless times.

I sighed and nodded, my actions in turn making him sigh as well. He looked up at Brianna and she explained what happened with perfect accuracy.

"Well, if I had sex with someone before I met Brianna-" he began, getting cut off by the blonde beside him.

"-you told me I was your first!" she said with a pout.

He rolled his eyes playfully and pulled her towards him, shushing her the way someone would shush a puppy.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, if I had sex with someone before I met Brianna or at least before we were romantically involved," he said, taking a small break to make sure he wasn't in trouble with Brianna, "I’d hope that she wouldn't really care so much."

"How could you expect someone not to care?!" I yelled, throwing myself back onto my green bed dramatically.

"His past relationships are something you should take into consideration but don't let it control your decision." Brianna said after a small sigh.

Harry nodded in agreement and they both watched me to gauge my reaction.

“When did you get so smart?” I asked her, realizing that she would normally joke about the situation at hand.

“I’m not drunk yet.” she joked with a small shrug of her shoulders and a roll of my eyes.

"So what do you guys think I should I do?" I asked both of them.

"It's just a date, I think if you give it a chance it would be worth it. At least have a bit of fun instead of staying here in your dorm room all day and night." Harry said.

"Yeah, and you deserve a break from me." my best friend said in a joking tone that made me roll my dark brown eyes again.

"If I deserve a break, Harry deserves a lifetime achievement award by now because of all the bullshit he has to put up with." I said, making her throw back the pillow I threw at her earlier.

"Or at least some kind of golden medal." he said in the same tone I had just used, making his girlfriend nudge him playfully.

"If you keep it up, you're going to be laid off Harold. I’ll have to find a new boyfriend." she threatened jokingly.

"Nah, I prefer to get laid." he said with a shrug that matched his mischievous smirk.

I groaned and stood up, making Brianna and Harry both turn to look at me in confusion.

"Where are you going?" They asked in unison, always perfectly synched.

"I rather not stay here and watch you two almost have sex." I explained as I slid my feet back into my flats and closed the top over my frozen yogurt container.

"Are you gonna go see Niall?" Brianna asked me, making me shrug in response which earned a groan out of her. "Why not?!"

"I just don't know what to say to him, besides, you guys calmed down so I might just stay here with you two."

Brianna smirked and within seconds her small frame pinned Harry down onto her bed. I covered my face with my hands and groaned loud. When I looked up between two of my fingers she was already pulling off his shirt. I good up quickly and practically ran out of the room. I could hear my best friend laughing at my reaction as I closed the door behind me.

"Maybe I'll just avoid him." I mumbled to myself as I started walked down the hallway and making my way to the living room downstairs.

I sat down on the plush couch and turned on the TV even though I had grabbed my favorite book before I left the room. I opened my book and started reading from where I last left off, quickly getting caught up in it. A small pressure beside me let me know that someone had sat down next to me.

“Gabriella?” an Irish brogue began, making me groan.

“Yes, Niall?” I responded with a sigh.

“Can we talk?”

I shook my head and stood up, walking out of the dorm building and to the grassy backyard. I trailed around in the woods just a bit and a small mewing noise confused me. I walked in that direction and found a small white kitten with black patches on the grass. He appeared to be caught on one of the vines. I helped him get out of it and held him close to me so I could look him over. With a smile on my face, I walked back into the building. I made sure to hide the kitten under my sweater as I hurried back to my dorm room. I knocked on the door eagerly.

“Go away…” Harry’s deep voice called.

I groaned and knocked again.

“Harry! It’s me! I need to come in! Stop banging my best friend and open the door!” I exclaimed.

He sighed and I heard him shuffle around the room. A few moments later he opened the door for me and let me in.

“You couldn’t wait another fifteen minutes?” he mumbled as he went back to the bed and sat next to Brianna.

“What happened?” my ‘sunshine’ asked with a pout still etched onto her face.

“I'm sorry I interrupted the two of you, well…I'm not actually that sorry.” I said with a shrug as I went up to my bed.

“Just spit it out.” she said with a small laugh.

“I found something you’ll find incredible.”

“You found David Bowie in the living room?”

“No, but eventually we do need to have a talk about your obsession with David Bowie.”

“I would prefer if we didn’t, but continue.”

I giggled and pulled the kitten carefully out from under my sweater. Brianna smiled happily and ran over to my bed.

“He’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.” she exclaimed happily as she picked him up.

I laughed and nodded.

“Can we keep him?”

She nodded.

“Yeah, of course we can. We have to try to hide him a bit though, at least until we go to New York on holiday.” she told me, still playing with him.

Harry groaned.

“You stopped me so that you could show my girlfriend a cat. You definitely could’ve waited a few minutes. She was busy.” he said, earning a laugh out of Brianna and I.

We kept playing with the kitten, ignoring his whines and complains about being interrupted a bit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M BACK!!!

FOLLOW ME ON Tumblr

Please make sure you comment, subscribe, and recommend. Also check out some of the other links that are below...

One Direction collection

Don’t forget my perfect best friend’s stories she’s amazing and you’ll regret not reading them!