I'll Change Their Minds

Repeating Apologies

I woke up to someone prodding my face and stomach causing me to curl up in pain, only to be straightened out by a man in a light blue shirt and trousers.
''Sorry if that hurt you''
''Oh that didn't hurt at all, I'm screaming out of fun'' I replied sarcastically shifting slightly to get a little more comfortable.
''Ahh, a sarcastic one are you?'' He asked raising an eyebrow
''Only when I'm rudely awoken'' I smiled weakly
''Well we'll try our best not to cause you any more discomfort, we need to do a few more tests on you though, but we'll have to do them when you're medication has worn off''
''Medication?''
''Yes, we had to put you in an induced coma, I'm afraid you've been out for about a week''
''A week?! Wait, what? No, no I can't have been out for that long, I'm supposed to have been performing, are you joking with me?'' I panicked and sat up a little more in my bed.
''No, I'm afraid I'm being deadly serious, I'll just go and tell the men outside that you're awake, they've refused to leave until they know that you're okay'' He put his clipboard back in the tray at the end of my bed and headed out of the door.
A few moments later a tired and worried looking Austin walked in.
''Oh my god, I've been so worried about you!'' He whispered and sat on the side of my bed engulfing me in a hug. ''How are you feeling?''
''Tired, and like someone hid me in the stomach with 3000 dodge balls and I have a mouth like a ball of cotton wool, but apart from that I'm fine'' I smiled at him and settled down into the pillows behind me.
''The others want to come in as well but the doctor said one at a time so they let me come in first'' He looked down at his feet and sighed.
''What's up A?'' I reached out and rubbed his arm gently.
''Look, Amelia, I know you were looking forward to your first show and everything but''
''I know Austin, I've been out for about a week and I've missed the first 4 of our shows, but it's alright. I'll just get better, get out of here, and work my way back into performing''
''It's not just that though'' He looked really disappointed with himself.
''You can tell me Austin, I'm sure it's not that bad!'' I smiled sweetly, not knowing whether it was going to be as bad as he seemed to make out.
''Well,, while you were under, we had to get someone to fill in the vocals and everything so we figured it should be someone you trusted like Vic or Aaron, but obviously all of the stage times clashed and so we only had one option..''
It didn't take me long to click in with what he was saying.
''Oh so you mean Ben?'' I looked down and fiddled with my fingers.
''Yeah, look we're really sorry. We didn't have any other choice'' I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth to stop his endless rambling.
''Its fine, honestly Austin. He doesn't mean anything to me anymore, and he never will.''
''Good'' he leaned in a kissed my forehead and hugged me quickly ''The guys want to see you, so I'll let them in yeah?'' He smiled sweetly, awh, what a cutie.
''Yeah'' I returned the smile and pulled the covers on the bed straight from where he had sat just a few seconds ago.